THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Dark City Clothing

Go down 
+16
Dez
DarkKokabel
Phototoxin
Crazy_Irish
ColoredBanana
Torpedo Vegas
Thor665
Shadows Revenge
Baron Tordeck
Cailos
Hydra
Gobsmakked
abjectus
Deneris
Local_Ork
Sky Serpent
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

The Dark City Clothing Empty
PostSubject: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 23:55

Well, as myself and Sorrowshard will be attending the UK GT in March, possibly as Team Dark City, the thought of some custom t's or hoodies sprang into mind.

Before going in to details I'd want to know if anyone would be interested in something like this and some ideas.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 00:19

Not quite sure if that would be best idea due to cost/quantity/quality ratio, however iron-on transfers could work.
I actually prefere shirts (I have ~30, rarely wear t-shirts (I do have "short sleeve" shirts), sometimes sweaters) and have few "custom" ones, made with transfers (often I've covered paint/glue stains that way Razz).

Also, we should have "logo" (simple monochromatic design(s)), those sell best (I know that from autopsy) and work best with different colours (also known from autopsy).
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 04:20

I know I'd buy a shirt or two, given they came in my size... lol
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 06:15

I would get shirt or a transfer. Maybe a hoodie depending on price, some can get bit high. The banner at top of page would look good on back of shirt. Local_Ork may be right about simple selling better, my taste is not typical. I can think of nobody else that eats shredded wheat with sauerkraut, cauliflower, olives, cheese, and BBQ sauce, or makes carrot and bacon pizza.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 06:48

I'd go for a t-shirt.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 09:58

When attending the last GD in Toronto the Warpshadow-Guys (including me) had some custom made tshirts done.

In my book it was a head on success!
I would be in for a tshirt.

Another thought sprang to my mind aswell... a good while a go on WS, we made a mass-order at chessex for tyranid dice. If enough people are interessted (and we find someone in the US who is willing to sort things out to save taxes) it is by far not as expensive as people think and they are just fantastic where ever you go...

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 14:19

I hate Chessex dice with passion (hard-edge cubes ftw!), but it's also good idea.

I wonder if we could order custom pain tokens from MAS. I actually attended in their token contest (as Greed-0, nuff said), and while they didn't make it I'm sure they would like to provide some IF we would make order.
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 15:30

I am up for T-shirts, iron on transfer, or a stitch on badge. I really would love the banner on the back of a T-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 21:42

The Under Empire does/has done the whole dice thing. Its seems to work for them rather well. (L_O, I think Chessex makes non rounded dice too. but i might be wrong, I'll take a look into it)

I personally am against shirts because when I am at an event I am there repping my club and would be wearing that one.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 23:19

I'm up for dice. What we need to look at is to stay away from breaking any GW IP laws.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 01:30

UE used one of the Skaven Runes just fine. I dont see why we couldnt.

Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 10:44

Well.... the dice we got looked like this: The Dark City Clothing Nidsdice5

i love them...

[edit] talking about pain tokens... i am not sold on the MAS stuff... looking... not right.
A good while ago i started some pain tokens, but never finished them, since they didn't feel right.
But i would be open for making newer, more eehw-ones and we could make an order for casting somewhere (maybe at trollforged?)

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 15:45

I would buy pain tokens or dice, although a hoodie would be nice Razz (never liked tshirts, always been a hoodie hat guy Wink )

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 17:15

I could ask if they could make/copy my sculpt, it could be similar to those:

Garfy's PT
The Dark City Clothing IMG_1824
Gobsmakked PT
The Dark City Clothing DSC_0012

or maybe I could cast them on my own?
Holy crap, I could do that. Yes.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 19:13

I'd be more tempted by pain tokens than any shirt. I'm still using little red chits for mine - it's embarrassing Wink

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 19:36

It shouldn't be worse than casting custom base. Also with "dice token" You don't need that much, I guess 10 is max in normal games with opponent smarter than potatoe.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 22:24

Thor665 wrote:
I'd be more tempted by pain tokens than any shirt. I'm still using little red chits for mine - it's embarrassing Wink
I use the little green skulls form the Apoc sets

Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2011, 01:30

I think pain tokens are actually a pretty good idea. If they're cool looking we might even get buys from non Denizens. Though casting and international shipping would be a pain.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
ColoredBanana
Slave
ColoredBanana

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2011, 12:13

I would definiatley be up for some DE dice, since I personally have one set of dice for my High Elves and one for my Blood Angels. Very Happy
Also pain tokens I'm a little in between on, since the MAS stuff just would'nt fit our DE imo.
Those neon-green tokens is fine for the imperium, but for DE, not so much.

Also, I'd probably just have to get a hoodie with the logo on the back, It's ridicously good looking. Cool

"Death? You want death? I'm afraid that would be far too boring"

- Lord Sarnak of the Kabal of the Black Heart
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2011, 17:12

After this wknd i have just two words as a suggestion - business cards

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2011, 19:10

Well i would be interested in dice. As i'm not attending the UK GD - not really a big tourney player, and i already have a DE T-shirt, i'll pass that ;-)

Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2011, 23:49

Dice would actually be cool. Maybe get the size that fits along with the GW dice cubes and sell them in batches of 9?

The only thing is that there isn't one general dark eldar symbol - the imperium have the aquila, chaos the star, eldar have isha and the different runes, dark eldar have specific cult/coven/kabal markings but nothing 'racial'
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 01:16

Not sure it this one isn't "main" rune:
The Dark City Clothing 43px-DarkEldar

At least according to Lexicanum.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dark_Eldar#.TpOHcnJpOe1

We also can use "GW shop race symbol"
The Dark City Clothing 0c6bb3af7fb8fa4ea7d1b52244a08f2590x90

Or use something different, like skull...

I'm gonna poke ol' Shabby about dice orders mambo-jambo. Anyway more info about ordering (from customer-organisator point) here http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=44854

Who know, maybe we would be able to pick few designs of "serpent eye" instead of one ?

Also, it appears that Q-workshop is another Polish company, so I could maintain easy contact Wink
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 13:48

What about something like pokerchips to use as pain tokens - put a rune on them and there you are! you could also stack them and they'd be noticable but not confused with a base.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
DarkKokabel
Hellion
DarkKokabel

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 03:56

I like the poker chip pain token idea from Phototoxin if my 2 cents count. And as for a rune to use, we could use the rune for the Kabal of the Black Heart since Vect is the current ruler of the dark city. There are pics of it in your codex with the ravagers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Clothing   The Dark City Clothing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark City Clothing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Suggestions, Feedback & Bugs
-
Jump to: