THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crossfire!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

Crossfire! Empty
PostSubject: Crossfire!   Crossfire! I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2016, 06:46

Marshal Ferdinand Foch wrote:
My centre is giving way, my right is retreating, situation excellent, I am attacking.

Nice as it is for a 40k general to not care about being flanked, I've always felt a bit cheated when my tireless efforts to outmaneuver the opponent results in catching a foe from both sides... to no effect.

What if we lifted a rule from Epic to give a small bonus to the enterprising attacker should he succeed in compromising an enemy's flanks?

Crossfire

When a unit declares a shooting attack, trace a straight line from any member of the shooting unit to any other friendly model that also has line of sight to the target enemy unit. If this line intersects the enemy unit, by passing through any of its models or the gap between any two of its models, the enemy is said to be caught in crossfire.

To represent the difficulty of protecting oneself from attacks on multiple sides, an enemy unit caught in crossfire modifies all of its save rolls (armour, cover, invulnerable, feel no pain and reanimation) by -1 for the duration of that friendly unit's shooting attack.

This would give a small bonus for outmaneuvering your opponent, and provide opportunities to mitigate models with very good saves (eg 2+ re-rollable) through good play. Modifying the save roll rather than the Save characteristic means that AP is unaffected.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Cablinius
Hellion
Cablinius

Crossfire! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crossfire!   Crossfire! I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2016, 17:37

Sounds good to me, how would you make it work on vehicles?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Crossfire! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crossfire!   Crossfire! I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2016, 19:41

I think a change like this would fundamentally alter the game on such a level as to require a rebalancing and recosting of almost every unit in the game. Currently cheap, fast units would need a points increase, while currently expensive, slow units with tough saves would need a points decrease.

If they were willing to completely redesign the game with that in mind, I wouldn't mind it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crossfire! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crossfire!   Crossfire! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crossfire!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-