THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons? Empty
PostSubject: Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons?   Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2016, 01:02

Do Barons automatically count as having any of the 3 squad-wide upgrades (Vea, haywire,tanglefield) if the unit they're assigned to has purchased it? For all intents and purposes, they're part of the unit when the game begins and cannot leave it, and furthermore aren't Independent Characters

I'm thinking specifically for Void Enhanced Armour, as he cannot actually buy it in his own listing. If he has access to the free VEA his squad buys, then he gets a 2++ rerollable against all blasts and templates. A finer 55 - 60pt tank you'll never find.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons?   Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2016, 01:06

I wouldn't think so. He has to attach to a squad and may never leave, but that doesn't make him a cloud dancer, for instance. If he was an UPGRADE for said squad, I'd agree.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons?   Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2016, 01:13

Sad face. It's annoying that none of the HQ options can ever buy VEA. They give the finest armour to their basic soldiers, and then they just show up with their bulk standard heavy mesh armour lol.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons?   Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons? I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2016, 22:10

That's a choice you are making tho. they could have paid for a Void plate harness for themselves which confers VHA.
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons?   Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2016, 12:52

But does Voidplates reroll vs Blasts/templates allow it to reroll Shadowfield saves?

Technically, a prince with bike, voidplate and shadowfield (assuming it allows rerolls), could assault an overwatching wraithguard unit of 10, and survive unscratched.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons?   Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2016, 15:51

Yes because all of those effects are part of the Zone Mortalis Void Hardened Armour USR, which Voidplate has.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons?   Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsairs - transferred upgrades for attached Barons?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: