THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kheradruackh in 7th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

Kheradruackh in 7th Empty
PostSubject: Kheradruackh in 7th   Kheradruackh in 7th I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2016, 16:49

Hello everybody! Last night I got bored and decided to write what I think the decapitator would look like in the current edition. I really love this guy's fluff, and how he was portrayed in the Path of the Dark Eldar books, so I tried to keep him close to how he was in that.

Kheradruackh the Decapitator
WS  BS  S  T  W  I  A  LD  Sv    Unit Type                      Unit Composition
7      5    5   3  3   7  4   10   -      Infantry (Character)       1 (Unique)

Wargear
The Decapitator
S user | AP 2 | melee, Master Crafted, Decapitate
Decapitate: When in a challenge, gains Instant Death and Shred
Close combat weapon

Special Rules
Fear
Fearless
Fleet
Infiltrate
Move Through Cover
Night Vision
Power from Pain
Preferred Enemy (Characters)
Presicion Strikes
Shrouded
Stealth
Creature of the Shadows: During any night fighting turn, Kheradruackh may reroll failed cover saves.
Hunter of Heads: After deployment but before infiltrate, nominate a single enemy character, Kheradruackh may then infiltrate within 6" of that characters unit. He may assault turn 1, and overwatch may not be taken against this charge. If the charge is successful, the targeted character must accept any challenge made by Kheradruackh. If the targeted character is killed in the challenge, gain d3 victory points
Altered Physique: Kheradruackh gains a 5+ invulnerable save, additionally all enemy models within 8" of Kheradruackh have -2 LD
Solitary Hunter: Kheradruackh can never be joined by another character. If Kheradruackh is your warlord he never has a warlord trait.

I'm unsure how many points he would cost. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruackh in 7th   Kheradruackh in 7th I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2016, 17:55

Hmm.
He seems quite beasty.
If I'm honest, I think the power level and how it works with your idea for Hunter Of heads might be a little bit over powered. As is, you could easily deploy next to any Space Marine Sergeant, Hit him on 3+, wound him on 3+ and no save. With five attacks on a charge, thats an almost certain d3 VP.
You might want to consider knocking this rule down to Independent Characters only.
Maybe allow the deployment near characters, but make the assault part a separate rule which applies to Independent Characters only.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruackh in 7th   Kheradruackh in 7th I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2016, 18:04

I agree with the independent character change, or change d3 VPs to 1 VP.

I'd also change the last line of "Hunter of heads" to the following: If the targeted character fails to save his/her last wound, they're immediately removed as a casualty, granting d3 victory points to their opponent and Kheradruackh gets the option to be immediately placed into ongoing reserves without finishing the rest of the combat. If he chooses to do so, and the unit he was in combat with is not in combat with another unit, combat immediately ends without a resolution roll, but they do not consolodate.

That'd make him fit his fluff. Pop out of the shadows, immediately charge and decapitate a character, step back into the shadows and vanish, leaving only a headless body behind. Twisted Evil

P.S. Also, change the line that says "He may assault turn 1" to say "He may assault on any turn he comes into play, either by infiltrating or from reserves." That way, when he comes back in later from reserves, he won't be worthless.
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruackh in 7th   Kheradruackh in 7th I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2016, 18:14

Thanks for the suggestions!
Changed it to 1 VP and only against IC's and added your end to the rule

Hunter of Heads: After deployment but before infiltrate, nominate a single enemy character with the Independant Character special rule, Kheradruackh may then infiltrate within 6" of that characters unit. He may assault any turn he comes onto the table from reserves, and overwatch may not be taken against this charge. If the charge is successful, the targeted character must accept any challenge made by Kheradruackh. If the targeted character fails to save his/her last wound, they're immediately removed as a casualty, granting 1 victory points to their opponent and Kheradruackh gets the option to be immediately placed into ongoing reserves without finishing the rest of the combat. If he chooses to do so, and the unit he was in combat with is not in combat with another unit, combat immediately ends without a resolution roll, but they do not consolidate.

So would something like 200 points make sense? Cheaper, more expensive?
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruackh in 7th   Kheradruackh in 7th I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2016, 22:24

As beastly as he is offensively, consider that his only defense is a 5+ invulnerable, and Feel No Pain starting turn 2/3. He also doesn't have Eternal Warrior and only has Toughness 3. I'm not saying you should change any of that - of course he's fragile he's basically a naked, man-sized creature - but 200 points would be overcosted. I would put him around 155-165 points. He should on average be able to recover his points that way. If your opponent spends few points on Independent Characters you won't be able to get as much out of him so that's why I dialed down his points (as a suggestion) as much as I did. Consider that he's still more than a squad of 10 Space marines with no upgrades. If he charged the marines he'd probably win, but if those same 10 marines got in 20 shots at full Ballistic Skill he'd almost certainly die unless he was in cover. Presumably you could manage to keep him in cover and survive long enough to charge... unless your opponent had any ignores cover weaponry. So in the end, he's a rather situational character but should be worthy of inclusion at 155-165 points. That's my two cents.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruackh in 7th   Kheradruackh in 7th I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2016, 01:10

He's not quite as squishy as that, with both stealth and shrouded, and rerolls on the cover saves if its nightfighting, so against non-ignore cover weapons he is decently tanky and leaves him with some weaknesses, which I think is always good for balance.

165 or so sounds pretty good. Thanks for the input!

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruackh in 7th   Kheradruackh in 7th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kheradruackh in 7th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: