THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ratios to live by

Go down 
+6
Massaen
Evil Space Elves
Nariaklizhar
skp
CptMetal
Adma
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Adma
Hellion
Adma

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 18:22

Salutations all!

As I read through posts and watch videos (skaredcast stuff) from time to time people like to mention little ratio formulas they like to use as a guide for army construction. For example, a dark lance per 100 points of army stuff, or a venom for every 500 points in a force. One assault unit per army, etc

What are some of the ratios you live by and why?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 08:42

I actually don't have any. Maybe just:
Always get enough Kabalite Warrior troops. 3 at least for 1000 points +1.5 for every 500 points.

Hellion
skp

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 10:55

I simply go by roles, I try to get a well balanced army as possible with multi skilled units able to fit general roles, I play 1,500 with for venom warriors, I quite often sit warriors on objectives with venoms covering them, reavers/trueborn/ravagers/scourge for anti elite/tank.

In short there isn't really a winning ratio in my eyes, being flexible and being able to realise what units to ignore and hide from is key with DE, most people that I've seen on this forum seem to come across as if their marine armies, where as is.. Their not, we're a hit and run army that 'need' to skip, hop and tinkle over other armies.

Hope this gives a insight on how I play mate

Cheers,
sKP

-
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 16:02

I try and do a dark light weapon (Lance or blaster) for every 70pts. After that, I feel like I'll have enough poison to deal with everything else
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 19:22

Check out the latest episode of Splintermind. We interviewed Skari and Lawrence (Tabletop Tactics). They both went over ideas similar to this!
*shameless plug

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 20:31

I'll do if my small Trueborn let's me do it.

Klaivex
Massaen

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 10:33

My rules for building a DE force

No unit should be more than 125 points
Every unit should have at LEAST 1 dark light shot - Ideal ratio is 1 DL shot per 80 points
At least 1 vehicle per 150 points

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 11:01

My rule: with only a single unit exception, no unit should start the game on the board if its not on a flying base.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 11:51

@Massaen What about a Grotesque unit in a grotesquerie? They are more expensive but now awesome, too!

Hellion
Adma

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 14:45

Im through the first forty minutes or so of the podcast. Very nice! The rule of nines really reminds me of those old army building ratios!
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2016, 14:37

CptMetal wrote:
@Massaen What about a Grotesque unit in a grotesquerie? They are more expensive but now awesome, too!

I don't use them as they break my rules! The way I run DE has no place for them...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2016, 15:13

Rule of 9s reminds me of a fairly accurate way to quickly calculate the percentage of surface area burned on a burn victim
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 12:18

Threat saturation + an anvil, is my only rule.

1 unit or vehicle per 100 pts MINIMUM. Not counting HQs but including the anvil.

The anvil is something tough like a grotesquerie, CTC, dark artisan, wraithknight, etc.  

Reaver MSU FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 12:54

I follow similar guidelines as Painjunky:

1 Venom+5 men troops (and a blaster) each 250 pts.
At least one tought centre-taker unit (i use often dark artisan formation).

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 18:29

I don't really have any hard and fast ratios, but I always try to pick at least 1 unit that I feel is severely underpriced, and use that to bulk out my force so that I can run deathstars and such without having a skeleton of an army. Examples of under-priced stuff:

Wraithknights
Vaul's Wrath Support Batteries
Hornets

I can't think of anything DE has that's really under-priced, except maybe Khymera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ratios to live by Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratios to live by   Ratios to live by I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ratios to live by
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-