THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Player Needing advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

New Player Needing advice Empty
PostSubject: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2016, 23:04

Deleted. If someone could close this. I'm new to forums and not sure how to delete my post.

Last edited by Lupefi on Sun Jun 12 2016, 05:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 02:27

A little formatting goes a long way! Wink

First off, welcome to The Dark City!

In the future, if you could spend a little time making sure your post isn't a chore to read, I know I and probably others would appreciate it.

Regarding your list, you make use of lots of liquifier guns, but they're largely viewed as overpriced and underpowered these days. In addition to the codex and covens suppliment, I highly recommend spending some times reading through the army lists and tactics sections of this forum to get a feel for what works and what doesn't. Once you've done that, I'll be happy to take another look at your list to see what you've come up with!

Let us know if you have any other questions, and good luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 02:31

Sorry! I swear it wasnt that jumbled on word. I just copy and pasted. Thanks for the advice ill have a revised wish*list out soon!
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 04:38

Also best to leave off all the point break downs, GW doesn't like it when they are posted in that much detail, something like this would be better:

- Dark Artisian -
Haemonculus [Armour of Misery, liquifier gun, Webway Portal]
Talos [Twin Linked liquified gun]
Cronos [Spirit Probe]
Total= 395

It gives the information as to how it is set up and over all point costs but doesn't tell people what each piece of equipment costs.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 04:44

CurstAlchemist wrote:
Also best to leave off all the point break downs, GW doesn't like it when they are posted in that much detail, something like this would be better:

- Dark Artisian -
Haemonculus [Armour of Misery, liquifier gun, Webway Portal]
Talos [Twin Linked liquified gun]
Cronos [Spirit Probe]
Total= 395

It gives the information as to how it is set up and over all point costs but doesn't tell people what each piece of equipment costs.

Yes, CurstAlchemist is right. But you can still tell us the overall unit costs, like this:

1 Lhamean in a dual cannon venom 75
2x 5 Kabalite warriors with giant bug bombs in a dual cannon venom 333
etc.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 05:00

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Yes, CurstAlchemist is right. But you can still tell us the overall unit costs, like this:

1 Lhamean in a dual cannon venom 75
2x 5 Kabalite warriors with giant bug bombs in a dual cannon venom 333
etc.

Much better example...
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 05:10

Awesome! Thanks for being so friendly and responding so quick. I think i'm gonna like it here with the Archons of the DE. Should i delete my original post so GW doesn't flame me?

I've been doing some reading in the forums and my rulebook but i've got what is quite possibly a dumb question.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 05:22

Lupefi wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for being so friendly and responding so quick. I think i'm gonna like it here with the Archons of the DE. Should i delete my original post so GW doesn't flame me?

I've been doing some reading in the forums and my rulebook but i've got what is quite possibly a dumb question.

Just edit it to being similar to the way Betray showed and you will be fine. GW wont really go after you but they might go after the website if it was done regularly and they noticed.

If you have any questions just ask, that is part of what this site is for, to help people understand and improve.
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 05:41

Ossefactor, which i will now be taking with my wracks, ( not sure if i'm spelling it right) has fleshbane, so its works great vs troops and IC's and such but its basically useless as far as tanks go or anything thats a vehicle right?

So if i want to run an all coven theme my anti vehicle/tank options are limited to Raiders with darklances?

Is there anything else from covens that deals well with high armour?

I've seen the fear/leadership test/freakshow army's and they seem like they could deal with tanks and high armour saves but that requires allot of knowledge and specific troops. Some of the knowledge i can pick up here, the rest i'll get from playing on the table, but my models are limited by my budget. So as i'm slowly growing my covens army, how do i deal with tanks?

( let me know if this doesn't make sense, trying to type fast inbetween LOL que's)
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 06:02

Darklight weapons and Haywire blasters are basically your only non-melee options for anti-tank. Grotesques and Talos will often kill tanks in CC.

Ossefactors aren't great because they're only 1 shot, and sort of expensive. And the calcific spears rule doesn't have an AP. If the resultant spears were ALSO AP2, it'd be great.

I recommend either buying some ravagers(magnetize them!), or coming to grips with the idea that Eldar allies are a good thing, and considering adding some craftworld eldar to your collection.
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 06:37

Thanks for the advice! Both of you guys have been super helpful!

Do you happen to know of any magnetizing tutorials?

Its gonna take me a while to come to grips with adding allies. I would rather try a pure DE first before a buy a new codex and get excitedly distracted by eldar.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 16:35

I don't know of a good tutorial right off the top of my head, but with a quick google search of "magnetizing a ravager" I found this video that says it gives basic instructions on how to magnetize venoms, raiders, and ravagers. Very Happy

Good luck!

Disclaimer: I haven't watched the video for accuracy of their claims.
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 16:59

yeah i found that one too! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Player Needing advice   New Player Needing advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Player Needing advice
Page 1 of 1