THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Greeting Archon's

Go down 
+9
Evil Space Elves
BetrayTheWorld
Tounguekutter
Hellraiser
1++
Elvellyn
CptMetal
Jimsolo
Lupefi
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2016, 23:17

So from everything i've heard on the interwebs DE is not where a new 40k player should start! So of course DE is where i want to start. My name is Lupefi and I have never played a game of 40k. With that being said i am currently addicted to 40k.

I've got the Dark Eldar Codex as well as the Covens supplement and I really love the look of the covens models.

My Collection so far:
Coming in the mail i have
- Drazhar ( metal version)
- Urein Rakarth ( Metal Version)
- Haemonculous ( Metal Version)
- 3 Reaver Jetbikes
- 15 Kabalite Warriors.

I really want to have a Kabal list and a Covens ONLY list but as of right now i'm just looking for a place to start.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2016, 23:32

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2016, 23:40

Thanks! I posted a theoretical army list in the appropriate section of the forums. If anyone has some time to review it, let me know whats bad, whats not worth taking, if i messed up any formations, etc. That would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 08:28

Welcome to the dark city the only place in the universe where you're truly free!

Hellion
Elvellyn

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 08:41

Welcome to the club!
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 15:41

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2016, 20:46

Hello and welcome. I too began 40k (from never playing any tabletop games before) with the Dark Eldar and have loved it ever since (about 5 years ago). I have been loyal to the true kin as no other army look and playstyle appeals to me the way the Dark Eldar do. I hope you discover the same

In Exile

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2016, 04:44

Welcome aboard the death train. This is warhammer 40k on hardcore mode.

The thrill is in the ride! Prepare to die!
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2016, 05:27

Good I like a challenge!! Thanks for being so welcoming all. I can see myself spending a while on here. Going to start a project journal as soon as my first set of mini's get in on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2016, 21:57

Lupefi you sound like the kind of being that can thrive here. May your Aethersails and slave pens always be full! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2016, 22:53

haha i hope so man!
Back to top Go down
Hellraiser
In Exile

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2016, 23:01

Hmm. Masochists, sociopaths, sadists, what else would be here on the forum?

It is always interesting to see people attracted to the creations of the covens.

Last edited by Cruor Mulciber on Mon Jun 13 2016, 18:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2016, 03:40

Lunatics. You forgot lunatics.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2016, 06:33

Madmen?

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2016, 06:53

Welcome to The Dark City Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2016, 09:09

Welcome to the madhouse.
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2016, 10:46

LOL thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2016, 18:14

Lupefi, any battle reports yet?

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2016, 00:28

LOL, i don't even have an army yet!!
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2016, 01:03

So my DE came in the mail. I should've looked up what an open blister pack was. I didn't know that i was getting all the old metal models. Urien Rakarth and the Haemoncolus look so much worse than thier new finecast counter parts. I also received a box that had 15 DE warriors ( 7 of which were broken) and three reaver jetbikes ,the old metals, along with a model i can't identify ( I'll be posting a picture later tomorrow to see if anyone recognizes it). I must say i'm really disappointed the only cool models i have are Drazhar, old metal cast, and the reaver jetbikes, they look like scorpions.

I'm going to test out paint schemes on them. If anyone has the haemonculus supplement I'm going to go for a paint scheme that matches the Hex paint scheme shown on a drawing of a wrack. Its like a white skin color and a teal/blue wash and edge highlighting.

(Please ignore my spelling mistakes)
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2016, 01:20

I feel for ya. Was this an ebay purchase or something?
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2016, 01:22

Miniswap off reddit. I did not ask for pics so i guess its my own fault.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2016, 01:38

I recently had a negative trading experience too. It sucks when people don't say upfront issues with their stuff. But yeah, I'd pretty much always ask for pictures unless I was swapping someone I knew.
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2016, 01:51

They'll make good test models for paint but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2016, 20:37

I find with a little creativity and elbow grease (better known as super-glue and patience) broken models can become usable again, even if they are no longer counted as what they once were. Consider using these parts to make some Wracks, perhaps? I feel like other players would be more forgiving if those were a little wonky. Best of luck

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greeting Archon's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Archon's   Greeting Archon's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greeting Archon's
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls
-