THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kabal of the Cursed Blade
Slave

Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2016, 18:24

This is my 250 pt heralds of ruin kill team list, thoughts?

[Team Leader]

- Helliarch - Master of the Skies - 28

[Core]

- 7x Hellion - 91

- 1x Beastmaster - 2x Razorwing Flock, 2 Khymera - 70

- 2x Reaver Jetbike - 32

- 1x Reaver Jetbike - Heat Lance - 26

Total - 247
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2016, 22:03

Is heralds of ruin the name of your list, or of a set of rules, or the tournament, or what?
Back to top Go down
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2016, 23:15

It's a set of rules for kill team.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2016, 00:24

Oh cool, do you have a link to the rules? I can't very well comment on your list if I don't know how to play the game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bhaal
Hellion
Bhaal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2016, 12:33

I think this is what is referred to: http://heralds-of-ruin.blogspot.se/p/kill-team-rules.html

I haven't had time to look into it in detail myself, but I know people in my area are interested in trying it out as well. Presumably because they think the rules are in some way interesting and different from the core rules.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2016, 18:47

Looking over the rules, it's actually a pretty in-depth ruleset, customized to each faction. 2 things stand out to me, having read through the DE rules:

1. Because of how the rout test rules work, shooting, a very high model count is VERY beneficial.
2. A fully decked out dracon could be a CC monster. Example:

Dracon w/ Ghostplate Armour, Soul Trap, Axe of Agony, Gloom Field, Clone Field, and modified biology (106) = 5 S4 AP2 attacks on the charge, auto-cancelling up to 3 attacks, stealth and shrouded against shooting, and a 4+ FnP from turn 3 onward.(6+/5+ on turns 1/2).

I'm sort of on the fence about taking melee in this format, as they did make some effort and changes to make melee good, but they also strengthened things that already hurt our things like wyches badly, such as the extended flamer rules that cause models to burn in subseqent turns. We're seriously hurt as a faction in a game system where they encourage lots of cover and all-infantry armies for a couple reasons. First off, we have no access to flamer weapons other than on 25 point medusaes. Second, they tied combat resolution results to a mechanic that we simply have no access to. You can get a +1 modifier to combat resolution if you have a "standard" or "banner", but such things are only available to imperium forces and chaos forces. It's as if the person who wrote these rules doesn't play many xenos armies.

With the battle honours system that's in place in campaigns, a seriously decked out leader character like the dracon might be interesting to use, but I expect the most successful type of leader would be just using the cheapest models you can put on the table, that are effective at the greatest range. So, for us, that would be warriors. The way the rules are written, the leaders like dracons count as both a trueborn and a warrior, so they make upgrades purchasable more frequently for those models. The modified biology rule is also extremely useful for it's price. I'd try to take advantage of both of these things. Something like this:

Leader
Dracon w/ Ghostplate Armour, gloom shield, and modified biology 56
Core
8 Kabalite Warriors 64
Special
2 Kabalite Trueborn 22
3 Kabalite Trueborn w/Modified Biology & Dark Lances 108 (Placed next to dracon for 2+ cover save sniper nest) 108

Total: 250

As I put this list together, I kept noticing how tempting it was to take something like a splinter cannon on kabalite warriors, and I kept having to reverse my decision because it's so points inefficient. Pretty much none of the upgrades are worth it on warriors because of how cheap more warriors are.

The trueborn are only worth upgrading because they get access to modified biology, and can therefore benefit from the gloom field for a 2+ cover save, then get up to a 4+ FnP for failed cover saves.

If you end up playing a full, long campaign instead of just a few games with this system or something, it may be worth putting lances on warriors to take advantage of the "groups" rule, where you can spend 5 RP to increase up to 5 models BS by +1.

.....you know, I've gone through some of the other factions stuff on here too, and the balance on some things is terrible. Like, whatever fanboy wrote the "Deathwatch" faction rules paid no attention to balance whatsoever. You can get a leader in terminator armour with S4/T4 and a power sword for 36 points, while we'd have to spend 100 points to have a decent CC leader, and even then we wouldn't have a 2+ armour save.

Their version of imperial guards can take 61 models at 250 points....

...but the single most OP thing I was able to find for this game mode was to have a shadowseer with a phase field and the cleansing flame psychic power. Since each model is considered it's own independent unit, cleansing flame would hit every single model within range with 2d6 S5 AP4 ignores cover, soul blaze autohits. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2016, 22:47

Edit: nvm I'm dumb
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 16:59

Sorry for the prior book-length post, haha. Since it's pretty much a complete custom ruleset, there was a lot of reading I had to do, and there were a lot of differences to talk about. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MHaruspex
Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2016, 20:02

Ooh, I love HoR Kill Team. Just a few things come to mind with your list:

I'd like to see a better weapon on the Helliarch, at least the custom hellglaive so you get S5 on the charge or possibly either the power lance or agonizer. Since you're running so many hellions I'd upgrade the helliarch to a Kingpin too for the bonus drugs, and you might as well bring yourself up to 10 hellion so you could grab 2 special weapons for them. Shredders are perfectly viable in Kill Team, especially with the movement on Hellions. Blasters too if you've got the points.

Reavers are some of the best units in the Kill Team (if you play with Injury rules), since a lot of times they can either down someone with shooting/HoW and then land the killing blow on them with a melee attack. I'd also swap the Heat Lance for Blaster if possible - you're much more likely to run into a T4 model you want to Instant Death rather than a vehicle. Caltrops too, points permitting. The beastpack doesn't really synergize with the hellion theme perfectly, so if you're in need of extra points I think that'd be the first thing to cut.

Here's a possible take on your theme:

Helliarch Kingpin + Custom Hellglaive: 43
10 x Hellions + Shredder: 135
3 x Reavers: 48

You're left with 24pts to spend, which could either go towards a Clone Field for the Helliarch, Caltrops + Blaster for the Reavers, or perhaps Master of the Skies and a Blaster for the Hellions. Either way you end up with an army in which every single model has H&R, and you avoid the awkwardness of a beastpack squad where every other model is an individual. I don't like expensive units in Kill Team - even a normally-awesome Grotesque will just manage to kill a single Marine and then get shot down while it's not locked in combat with anything.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2016, 21:07

Oh, nice, someone with experience in HoR Kill Team. That all sounds like pretty reasonable advice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 00:53

How about.

Helliarch Kingpin - Custom Hellglaive, Master of the Skies, Clone Field - 68

8x Hellion - Shredder - 109

3x Reaver - Blaster, Cluster Caltrops
Back to top Go down
MHaruspex
Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 01:00

Looks good to me. Just make sure you get the blaster and caltrops on two separate models, and I think that's really solid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team   Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar - 250pt Kill Team
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: