THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex

Go down 
+2
sirron
Nyx_Necrodragon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex Empty
PostSubject: Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex   Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2016, 13:19

Now that Shin-Draconious is coming along nicely I need to get my butt into gear by readying my coven. I chose the Hex since they considered the 'artists of the flesh'. That suits my special brand of creativity and/or madness perfectly and also gives me a chance to bring to life every warped flesh idea in my diseased mind (Human Centipede ain't got nothing on me). I warn you some of the designs of my custom models may disturb (particularly the Centaur since that came to me in a nightmare) and I don't want to get someone telling me that I'm banned from this forum, just saying.

So without further ado lets begin with Lady Valkira:

Lady Valkira D'Thamm is a master haemoculus of renown and the undisputed queen of the Shin-Draconious cell of The Hex. She was born before the fall and served with her younger sister Myasma in a pleasure cult of Commorragh. After the fall the pleasure cult became the Prophets of Flesh and the sisters became famous for their fierce rivalry. Myasma was always able to outdo her sister and gained the title Viscountess very quickly. Myasma then heard of her sisters magnam opus, a potion that could grant eternal beauty and youth. Valkira's fame would be immeasurable and she would not just outdo her sister but ruin her entire lifes work. Myasma panicked and sent her wracks to secure a sample of the potion. Myasma had only identified and fraction of the ingredients by the time the council called for Valkira to show her elixir. She could not steal or destroy the potion since her sister would just make another, she could not claim it was hers since she did not fully know how to make it. Myasma's bitterness overflowed and she thought if she would not have this victory, than neither would her sister. Using the ingredients she had identified she made an agent that would sabotage this potion. Valkira presented her potion to the council and as was customary; she drank it infront of them she did become beautiful and eternally young but at a terrible price. She became divinely beautiful and to look at her face brought madness, death and coma as not even the Eldar mind could handle it. In a single moment she had killed all who gazed at her, cursed with eternal beauty that nobody could look at Lady Valkira hid herself behind masks. She was exiled from the Prophets of Flesh and began a shadow war against her sister. Worse still was Myasma's sabotage stripped the memory of how the potion was first created.
The Hex then reached out the Valkira whose poetic curse intrigued them. She then flourished within the Coven showing some of her most terrifying and fascinating pieces. Lady Valkira has a particular flare for depriving She Who Thirsts of souls that borders on necromancy and creating truly extraordinary pieces. It is often argued that if could put aside her war with her sister and the Prophets she would be greater than Urien Rakarth. Lady Valkira also works tirelessly to rebuild the Eldar Empire she is a scholar and historian not content to sit around as She Who Thirsts tugs at her soul. This has seen her become somewhat of a pariah and has led to numerous assassination attempts but somehow she has always returned without a single regeneration sarcophagous being used sometimes it takes weeks, months or years but she always returns this is Lady Valkira's most closely guarded secret. Some speculate she has made a deal with demons others whisper that she possess somebody else and steals their body but the most speculated is that she is reborn through her own womb that she removed when she first joined The Hex.

Lady Valkira's original render:
Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex Lady_v11

In her full painted glory:
Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex Img_2022

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex   Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 02:48

you printed this mini?

it´s very well done!
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex   Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 20:35

Yes, I had to alter her design abit, she originally was held aloft via spider legs.

Her design was inspired by Pinhead and Elesh Norn:

Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex File_110
Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex 2-pinh10

Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex Mff20110Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex Stf14210

Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex   Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 21:00

A very cool design nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex   Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 23:31

Lady Valkira's model is so cool. Beautiful and grotesque. I like that for a Haemonculus very much! I also enjoyed the fluff provided.

I am looking forward to seeing how this project progresses!

Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex   Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2016, 23:39

Wracks the back bone of the coven structure, yes the pun is intentional. Today I have finished my first set and I'd like to think they've come out pretty well.
Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex The_he10

So this is it. I have to admit I really don't like this colour scheme but that being said I don't really like bright colours in general. I do have to admit that this colour scheme looks amazing when contrasted against Lady Valkira. So here they are:

Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex Img_2023

For these guys I worked up to screaming skull for their aprons and then a light drybrush with tryrant skull. Their tights are just a bog standard white I pinched from my dad's paint box. The blue is sotek green painted over with temple guard blue then highlighted with Lothern blue (the same with the syringes). The knee pad are the same except instead of highlighting with lothern dry brush with skink blue. These guys still looked way too tidy when finished so in typical Nyx style I grabbed my Blood for the Blood God put it on an old toothbrush in my tool box and splattered & smeared blood paint all over their weapons and aprons. I also added a bit of rust to their blades but I don't think you can see it very well.

Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex Img_2025

So now that my fist batch is done I can get on with the next batch but before that I'd like to show you these:

Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex Img_2026

Say hello to wracks, yes wracks but these are Warmachine Wracks and they are a b*&^ to glue but curses aside Privateer Press actually sell bits of these separately which makes for very good prisoners. As is I will probably buy a few more of these not because I like putting them together but because they will look charming dotting the landscape of Shin-Draconious and if I do a Haemonculus lab diorama I want some in there *hint hint wink wink*. Until then I will leave you with a teaser......

What could this be?

Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex Img_2027

Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex   Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2016, 05:27

I actually like the Hex scheme, and your version of it also!
Very spooky.
About that four legged good looking, i dunno, maybe some Grotesque pet? Or a Nightmare Engine?

Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

PostSubject: Re: Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex   Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 05:45

I love this so far. Your hex scheme came out really well. I may be copying it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex   Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lady Valkira & the Coven of the Hex
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: