THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabalites rookie question

Go down 
+2
Voidgazer
Mörken
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mörken
Slave
Mörken

Kabalites rookie question Empty
PostSubject: Kabalites rookie question   Kabalites rookie question I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 00:21

Yo! Im still new to 40k, but have a few Tyranid games in my pocket at this point. I have decided to put them aside tho, since the DE Lore and models are so much more intresting, that brings me to the question. Is there a viable setup for 10 kabalite warriors that I have use of in different kinds of games? So I can avoid putting magnets on the troops... Ty for respons, and sorry for lousy english.
Back to top Go down
Voidgazer
Hellion
Voidgazer

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites rookie question   Kabalites rookie question I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 06:05

Hi there and since it is your first posts welcome fellow Archon ,

Not sure if i understand you completely but from what i get you want to find a viable use for 10x Kabalite warriors? My first tip would be to split them into 2x 5 man groups and put them in venoms for capturing objectives and such. Alternatively if you really want 10 i would give them a splinter cannon and take a raider to transport them somewhere they can bunker down.
All in all i think you need to be more specific on what you are trying to achieve with them.

(Om du vill så är jag dessutom svensk och kan svara på dina frågot på svenska med om du har svårt med engelskan).
Back to top Go down
Mörken
Slave
Mörken

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites rookie question   Kabalites rookie question I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 16:38

Oh, thanks! I'll try to keep it in english since practise makes perfect. (When I have posts enough I might send some PM's with questions in Swedish if that's ok Smile )

Well, I was thinking if there is a weapon setup of 10 kabalites that is viable in most scenarios and army lists, since I rather avoid using magnets for the weapons of the troops section. (I'd probably loose alot of weapons during games and travels) I like the idea of 10 splinter weapons since I have a raider in my collection, and most of my games played is against a friend of mine that rolls with admech. So deepstrike and fast placements on the field is a good thing I've experienced.

I kind of went a little nuts and assembled a Sybalite before reading up on it, any suggestions for that models weapons? Also is it worth rolling with one heavy weapon and one special weapon if I'm going for the 10 models unit?

I have some Wyches that I was thinking of using as mainly objective capturers, and using the Kabalite warriors as backup...
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites rookie question   Kabalites rookie question I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2016, 18:24

The only special weapon worth a damn is the blaster, and the only heavy one kabalite warriors should consider is the splinter cannon.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites rookie question   Kabalites rookie question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2016, 09:18

Break them into 2 squads and give each one Blaster. I wish I'd have done that.

If you do it two times you can field 4 squads in venoms with Blaster or build one Blaster born squad and Venom squads without Blaster.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites rookie question   Kabalites rookie question I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2016, 20:08

I'd just give them all splinter rifles. Special/Heavy weapons aren't really great on Kabalites at all. Save the special and heavy weapons though, in case we get a new codex and they become better. But for now, splinters rifles on all is the most versatile option.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites rookie question   Kabalites rookie question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 00:30

Two squads with blasters are definitely the best option. Once Venoms are added, obviously.

You can even make a second blaster out of the dark lance that coms in the warrior box, if you feel frugal.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites rookie question   Kabalites rookie question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 01:19

All splinter rifles are definitely the best option. Blasters are an inefficient waste of points 95% of the time, since 1 blaster costs double what a warrior costs, and causes you to be shooting at something that is either not the ideal target of a blaster you paid 15 points for, or something that isn't the ideal target of 4 splinter rifles you paid 32 points for.

It's best to get your "blaster" shots(ie Darklight shots) from a different source, like Ravagers. Wink
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites rookie question   Kabalites rookie question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 01:40

Yeah, as far as special or heavy weapons go, it's usually only worth taking them if you plan to play the model is a Trueborn unit, which in turn is only worth taking if you're playing it in the new Purge formation to get Preferred Enemy. You could make a case for both of our heavy weapons and blasters this way, depending on what you need.

The occasional Blaster in a Warrior squad isn't terrible if you've got 15 pts spare at the end of your list, but if you buy a blaster for every squad, every game, you're spending about 30-90 extra pts and risk splitting your focus.

Even if you are taking 10 Warriors in a Raider, the splinter cannon only shoots 4 or 6 shots (as opposed to 1 or 2 from the splinter rifle) and it costs almost double what the Kabalite carrying it does. I think it's still best taking 10 Kabalites with normal splinter rifles in a Raider with Splinter Racks, and maybe upgrade one of them to a Syrabite.

Splinter Rifles are decent enough weapons, for our decent enough Kabalites, riding decent enough Venoms. Don't lavish them with too many points if you can avoid it.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Mörken
Slave
Mörken

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites rookie question   Kabalites rookie question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 22:24

Oh! Ok! Thanks for the replies, I'll go for the splinter rifles then! I kind of already built a sybalite, a hw and a sw kabalite... But Im going to have to buy another group of kabalites anyways since it seems venom/raiders carrying kabalite warriors is the way to go as a newbie? Smile So I'll give all of them splinter rifles Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites rookie question   Kabalites rookie question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabalites rookie question
Page 1 of 1