THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fellow Kin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Klauztrox
Slave
Lord Klauztrox

Fellow Kin Empty
PostSubject: Fellow Kin   Fellow Kin I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2016, 22:43

Greetings Comorites!

I come with a most pressing mater. As i Just ascended into my position, i am new to the tidings of a full Kabal, i wish to consult with my equals on my army list. On my first Raid i got a Crushing victory against the Mon-Keig Raven Guard at 1,000 points, but i fear it will not be that easy the next time.

1,000 points for skirmishes:

Archon (265pts)
-animus vitae
-Agoniser
-Blaster
-Haywire GRenades
-Shadow field
-Webway portal

Incubi x3 + Klaivex
-Klaivex
 -Demiklaives

Warriors x7 + Sybarite + Heavy+ special 150pts
-splinter canon
-Blaster
-Agoniser (Sybarite)
-Haywire Grenades

-splinter canon
-Blaster
-Agoniser (Sybarite)
-Haywire Grenades

Raider x2 90pts each
-Disintegrator Canon
-Enhanced Aethersails
-Nightshield
-Splinter Racks

Ravager 145pts
-x3 Dark Lances
-Enhanced Aether Sails
-Nightshield

i would be most greatfull for your opinions on the matter. (excuse my bad english) i will post my 2000 pts list next.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Fellow Kin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellow Kin   Fellow Kin I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2016, 00:17

Welcome to The Dark City, once again! I fear you've fallen into a common trap with the Dark Kin. Most of our upgrades are actually not worth buying unless you have a very, very specific plan that makes them good. I've previously put together a longer list of exceptions, but the major standouts as exceptions are:

ravager dark lances
venom splinter cannons
reaver cluster caltrops
scourge haywire blasters

Almost everything else in the codex can, and likely will do better without bothering with upgrades. As I said, there are other exceptions which you can find if you do a bit of reading on the forums here.

That said, my point with this list in particular is that you've spent so much on upgrades that I could take an upgradeless army, and all your melee guys would never get close enough to assault my shooty guys. Quick example of a list at 1k:

Combined Arms Detachment:

Lhamean in Dual cannon venom 75
3x 5 Kabalite Warriors in dual cannon venoms 315
1x 5 Kabalite Warriors w/Sybarite(warlord) in dual cannon venom 115
1x 5 Scourges w/4 Haywire Blasters 120
3x Ravagers w/3 Dark Lances 375
TOTAL: 1000

I'm pretty sure your points costing isn't accurate in your list, also. But assuming it is, this list has several more vehicles than yours, while putting out significantly more shooting of every kind. Basically it has about double the amount of splinter fire at double the range, and 50% more darklight fire, also at double the range in 50% of the cases.

A list with so few vehicles will be very difficult to run with DE, since the vehicles you DO take are pretty fragile, and our troops aren't great on foot.

I hope that helped! Good luck, and let us know what you decide and how it goes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Fellow Kin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellow Kin   Fellow Kin I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2016, 03:19

I second both of BetraytheWorld's suggestions; welcome to the forum, and sorry but you're spending way too many points on your units. If you're trying to 'make up' points because your friends are pressuring you to play more, Dark Eldar is not a good army to do this with.

Lord Klauztrox wrote:
Archon (265pts)
-animus vitae
-Agoniser
-Blaster
-Haywire GRenades
-Shadow field
-Webway portal

Incubi x3 + Klaivex
-Klaivex
-Demiklaives

This is super expensive for what it is, really. We're talking 265 for 5 models, which averages 53pts per model. They cannot even assault anything until turn 3 at the earliest, since you've bought a Webway Portal, and they can't assault the turn they arrive (turn 2 at best).

A simpler option could be an Archon with only Shadowfield, Grenades and an Agoniser, 3 Incubi and a Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons to carry them in. This is still 10 pts cheaper than your current set up, but vastly more mobile, capable of making a turn 2 assault, and can contribute to shooting phase with their transport after doing so.

Lord Klauztrox wrote:
-splinter canon
-Blaster
-Agoniser (Sybarite)
-Haywire Grenades

-splinter canon
-Blaster
-Agoniser (Sybarite)
-Haywire Grenades

Each of these units are also very expensive, considering they're T3 models with a 5+ save. Generally, it's best to completely avoid melee & heavy weapons in our Kabalite Warrior units, because neither of them can contribute when the majority of the unit is shooting their splinter rifles at 12-24" range, usually after moving, and they both cost a lot.

For the price of your Agoniser & Splinter Cannon alone, I could buy another unit of 5 Kabalites, and I know that they'll do a lot more for me, especially if I give them a Raider or Venom.

Lord Klauztrox wrote:
Raider x2 90pts each
-Disintegrator Canon
-Enhanced Aethersails
-Nightshield
-Splinter Racks

Ravager 145pts
-x3 Dark Lances
-Enhanced Aether Sails
-Nightshield

Your vehicles are so pricy. Normally a pair of Raiders and a Ravager cost around 220 - 250pts, and yours are costing you 325pts. They'll still die to anything that shoots at them unless they jink, so piling upgrades on them really doesn't help.

Also, you lose even more synergy when you buy something like Splinter Racks to help your Splinter Rifles/Cannons when they shoot, but then have also pay for a blaster which doesn't benefit from it, and doesn't want to shoot the same targets, and even more crucially pay for Enhanced Aethersails, which only helps if you're moving flat out (this means they can't shoot, which means both Splinter Racks, the Splinter Cannon, 8 regular splinter rifles AND the blaster are wasted)

A simple Raider with Splinter Racks with 9 Kabalites and a Syrabite inside would serve you similarly, and shave 85 pts off the price. Doing this with both units gives you 170pts to work with, which is enough to literally buy another identical unit and still save 10 pts.

BetraytheWorld's list is vicious and efficient, but it's very different from yours. Here's a sample 700 pt list based on the types of units you've listed:

130 - 1 Archon w/ Shadowfield, Agoniser & Haywire Grenades.
125 - 3 Incubi w/ Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons.
160 - 10 Kabalites w/ Syrabite, Raider w/ Splinter Racks
160 - 10 Kabalites w/ Syrabite, Raider w/ Splinter Racks
125 - 1 Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances.

At 700 pts, with all the bases covered, this saves you 300 pts with which to include more units. You probably should add some more anti tank options, and I'd recommend Haywire Scourges, Reavers, another Ravager or some Trueborn with Blasters in a transport.

Hope this helps!

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

Fellow Kin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellow Kin   Fellow Kin I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2016, 06:04

A little note: I think 7 warriors +Sybarite + Splinter Cannon would be illegal, because if i remember correctly you can only take heavy weapons for a unit of 10 or more Warriors, including Sybarite you have 8.

Anyway welcome to the Dark City Lord Klauztrox!

Lord Klauztrox
Slave
Lord Klauztrox

Fellow Kin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellow Kin   Fellow Kin I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2016, 14:27

Excelent advise, i am very gratefull i will update my armys and try them on the weekend.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fellow Kin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellow Kin   Fellow Kin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fellow Kin
Page 1 of 1