THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Flyer with wobbly base

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Myrvn
Wych

Flyer with wobbly base Empty
PostSubject: Flyer with wobbly base   Flyer with wobbly base I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07 2016, 00:10

Has anyone else dealt with the Razorwing Her fighter being wobbly on the flying base? I have two flyers and both need a bit of support to work correctly. I'm debating on modeling in magnets to secure the base, but it may be a bit cumbersome now that the models are assembled.

The Voidravens didn't seem to have this problem.

Any advice on fixing the stands would be appreciated.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Adma
Hellion
Adma

PostSubject: Re: Flyer with wobbly base   Flyer with wobbly base I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 16:42

Curious about this potential problem myself since I'm putting together a razor wing atm.

If the base is wobbly where the stand goes into the model I plan to try magnets.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Flyer with wobbly base   Flyer with wobbly base I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 16:50

If I had it to do over, I would out a large rare earth magnets on the inside before gluing the body together. Mine has the body together now (and painted at this point), so it isn't a real option now.
I've also heard of the option of a ring magnet and a steel ball bearing on the base, but I haven't tried it.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Flyer with wobbly base   Flyer with wobbly base I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 09:13

Hmm not had this problem with mine. Is it happening where the stand inserts into the flyer or actually where it attaches to the base?

I filed the bottom of fine so it was flush before I glued it onto the base. You could use a bit of milliput or greenstuff shoved into the crosshatch recess on the flyer, press the top of the stand in and allow to set to create a snug fit. That should limit the wobbling a fair bit.

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Flyer with wobbly base   Flyer with wobbly base I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 15:56

Thanks! Greenstuff is an excellent suggestion. I'll try that.

It seems that the wobbling is from front to back. The stand is in good shape. I did take about 1/2" off the second stand to make it a bit different height (4x flyers at the same height is cumbersome). The shorter stand works much better, but it is thicker and is wedged in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flyer with wobbly base   Flyer with wobbly base I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flyer with wobbly base
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: