THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabotage!
Slave
Sabotage!

Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie   Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2016, 07:53

Hey all, so I've written up my first Dark Eldar list and was hoping for a bit of feedback. I'm recently back to the game after a fairly long hiatus (quit a bit after 6th came out), and am brand new to the True Kin. My group plays pretty decent lists, but are pretty casual (IE I won't have to worry about facing an army with 4 Knights or Invisible Lords or War or what not). We definitely have a beer and pretzel approach to the game, so I'm not looking for something to take to a hyper competitive tournament, but as I am new to DE and recently returning to the game I would definitely like to know if my list is balanced and if it would be somewhat efficient. I'll mostly be playing Khorne Daemonkin, Grey Knights, Tyranids, and possibly Orks.

I've tried my best to format to how most others do in the section, if you folks have a way that works better for you, let me know and I'll try my best in the future.

Oh and my group will almost 100% be playing allowing the Archon to draw LOS for the Purge Coterie from open topped transports.

Thanks in Advance Very Happy .

Purge Coterie
Archon (AoM, Agoniser ) 100
Raider (Dark Lance) 60
Trueborn x5 (x3 Blasters) 100
Venom (Dual SC - Trueborn Dedicated) 65
Reavers x3 (Cluster Caltrops) 63

CAD
Lhamean 10
2 Kabalite Warriors x5 80
2 Venoms (Dual SC - two Dedicated for Warriors) 130
Grotesques x4 140
2 Ravagers (3 Dark Lances) 250

Total 998.

The plan is that the Archon and Lhamean go with the Grots in the Raider and take the fight to the opponent while the Ravagers attempt to pick apart armor and the Kabalites in Venoms attack isolated units or grab objectives. The Reavers will function to grab objectives quickly and attack any opportunity targets with their caltrops. The Trueborn are hoping that their Archon has a good view of the battlefield when he is stuck into combat with his Grots, and that they can get some preferred enemy shots against armor or 2+ save models, or barring that gang up on isolated units with the Kabalites.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie   Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2016, 19:59

Lhamean's aren't independent characters, so they can't join any other units.

I do like the grots as a spot to put the Archon, as it offers him a bit of protection in the form of T5 meatshields. That said, I'd probably drop 1 grotesque from the unit to take advantage of the fact that they all have rampage, and will thus each get an extra 2 attacks on average by you dropping 1 model. That also gives you 35 points, 15 of which you can use to get the 4th blaster on your trueborn squad. I'd use the other 20 points to upgrade 1 of your grots to an aberration with a scissorhand, that way you have an alternative option to issue/accept challenges in the event someone challenges you that you think would kill your archon.

I hope I helped! Good luck, and let us know what you decide to do! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sabotage!
Slave
Sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie   Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2016, 20:49

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Lhamean's aren't independent characters, so they can't join any other units.

I do like the grots as a spot to put the Archon, as it offers him a bit of protection in the form of T5 meatshields. That said, I'd probably drop 1 grotesque from the unit to take advantage of the fact that they all have rampage, and will thus each get an extra 2 attacks on average by you dropping 1 model. That also gives you 35 points, 15 of which you can use to get the 4th blaster on your trueborn squad. I'd use the other 20 points to upgrade 1 of your grots to an aberration with a scissorhand, that way you have an alternative option to issue/accept challenges in the event someone challenges you that you think would kill your archon.

I hope I helped! Good luck, and let us know what you decide to do! Very Happy

Oh nice catch on on the Lhamean Betray, totally spaced that one.

That sounds like a great idea with dropping a grot, taking advantage of Rampage never hurts. The Trueborn would definitely benefit from another Blaster and an Aberration with a Scissorhand would be a great challenge taker from the Archon (and could potentially put some hurt on strong armor saves and vehicles).

Your feedback was very helpful Betray, I really appreciate the advice and will be making the suggested changes.

New list looks like this:
Purge Coterie
Archon (AoM, Agoniser ) 100
Raider (Dark Lance) 60
Trueborn x5 (x4 Blasters) 115
Venom (Dual SC - Trueborn Dedicated) 65
Reavers x3 (Cluster Caltrops) 63

CAD
Lhamean 10
2 Kabalite Warriors x5 80
2 Venoms (Dual SC - two Dedicated for Warriors) 130
Grotesques x3 (Aberration with Scissorhand) 125
2 Ravagers (3 Dark Lances) 250

Total 998.
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie   Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2016, 21:53

I read that so often that people just issue challenges and we can accept with whatever. That is not RAW! You challenge a specific character and he either accepts or declines. It is not "I declare a challenge and your Sargent can accept it". It is "I challenge your Archon and you either decline it and dont get to attack or you accept it and die". So the Abberation cant take the challenge if not directly adressed.

If this is wrong please correct me and quote the appropriate passage (I'm on vacation and dont have the rulebook at hand).
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie   Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2016, 21:55

I don't think the Archon is worth it for the formation bonus & forces you to take a tax lhamaean too.

If you replaced the Archon with a Succubus, it would make your Grots. more deadly & the PE is not that great IMO.

DE CAD 998

Succubus, AOM, Glaive (110)
Lhamean 10
Rest the same Smile

A single also CAD allows you to drop the Trueborn tax entirely & run more Reavers Smile
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie   Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2016, 22:36

Causalis wrote:
It is "I challenge your Archon and you either decline it and dont get to attack or you accept it and die". So the Abberation cant take the challenge if not directly adressed.

If this is wrong please correct me and quote the appropriate passage (I'm on vacation and dont have the rulebook at hand).

Yeah, that is incorrect. Here are the actual rules copy/pasted directly from the rulebook:

Rulebook wrote:
ISSUING A CHALLENGE
To issue a challenge, nominate a character in one of your units locked in the combat to be the challenger.
useless words:
You’ll now have to wait and see whether a character amongst the enemy ranks chooses to step forwards and accept the challenge.

Rulebook wrote:
ACCEPTING A CHALLENGE
If your opponent has issued a challenge, you can now accept it – nominate a character in one of your units locked in the combat to be the challengee.
Back to top Go down
Sabotage!
Slave
Sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie   Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2016, 08:04

Rewind wrote:
I don't think the Archon is worth it for the formation bonus & forces you to take a tax lhamaean too.

If you replaced the Archon with a Succubus, it would make your Grots. more deadly & the PE is not that great IMO.

DE CAD 998

Succubus, AOM, Glaive (110)
Lhamean 10
Rest the same Smile

A single also CAD allows you to drop the Trueborn tax entirely & run more Reavers Smile

That sounds like a decent option, I will definitely consider trying it after I give this list a go a few times. I'll just need to pick up the Succubus (I planned on picking one up eventually, I love the new model), and I'll have everything I need once I get this force constructed (extra Reavers from the Start Collecting boxes!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie   Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Newbie 1k list - CAD and Purge Coterie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: