THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders Empty
PostSubject: 2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders   2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2016, 12:28

Greetings dark denizens! I have an upcoming game against space wolves and dark angels with myself teaming up with orks. not sure what everyone is bringing but I can guess at thunderwolf cavalry, wulfen and various vehicles. As such I have put together a 2000 points list as I want to try out some of my newer stuff but still be effective/evil against the enemy. So here goes:

Archon with husblade, shadowfield and soul trap

6 incubi and klaivex in a raider with dark lance

4 incubi in a venom with additional splintercannon

X4 10 kabalites with 1 splintercannon. All mounted in raiders with a dark lance.

razorwing jetfighter with 2 dark lances and splinter cannon

5 scourges, 4 with haywire blasters

x3 talos, 1 with twin linked haywire blasters and 1 with liquifier.

x2 ravagers with 3 dark lances

The idea behind the list is alot of anti tank weaponry, mobility for grabbbing objectives, a "scary" unit that can munch its way up the middle of whatever they come in to contact with and 2 close combat units able to take on any type of marine force. We may be using the new death form the skies or other some such aerial thing where they dogfight (I sadly don't get to play many games, my last game was last year). My above list I will be suing as a realspace raiders detachment. I sadly lack the haemo coven supplement but may get it in the future. Any constructive crititique or advise from my fellow archons will be appreciated =)

Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders   2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2016, 14:18

Try to free up some points for Shatterfield missiles. I get that you take the Razorwing to take down enemy fliers. But he still is an AV 10 burning wrack waiting to happen so with missiles he can at least help out against ground targets before the enemy flier will eat him for breakfast.

Edit: The Tali (Talosi? Taloi? Talos?) are also only Ini 4. I haven't played against Space Wolves yet but I think their cav etc is faster than Ini 4, which means that I wouldn't count on the Tali to take down a whole squad of Thunderwolf cav with 3++ shields. They'll probably get destroyed in CC against the high end cc units but they will kill every shooty or mid tier cc unit.
Back to top Go down
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders   2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2016, 16:26

I am hoping to intercept any thunderwolfs with either incubi or lots of firepower. I think the ork player will be bringing two fliers. That said, you are right that thunderwolf cavalry will probably smash by talos to bits xD will try to avoid them. Last time I went against the wolves, I took two talos that chewed thorugh two terminator squads and tied logan grimnar in combat. and my incubi and archon took on the cavalry. gotta love the huskblade =D

Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders   2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2016, 16:58

The huskblade is only good if you can get some bonus strength from the soultrap, which could be difficult since any actual character will eat your Archon in cc.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders   2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14 2016, 05:14

I notice it seems like you're trying to run gunboats of warriors in raiders. Generally, it's far more efficient to get the bulk of your splinter shots from un-upgraded warriors in dual cannon venoms, and your dark lance shots from ravagers.

If tailoring for space wolves in particular, I'd only really bother with the 1 haywire unit(just give the Talos 3x twin-linked blasters, since the primary thing you'd be concerned with using haywire on would likely be a dreadnought of some sort. Everything else that space wolves bring, ravagers would either be more or equally effective.

So I'd basically try to split your warriors up into venoms, break your list into 2 detachments, drop the scourges, add HWBs to the Talos, and try to fit in 2-3 more ravagers. Also, Causalis is right about the huskblade. An agoniser is generally better, and can still be useful with the soul trap(getting rerolls to wound against toughness 4 at S5, toughness 5 at S6, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders   2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2016, 17:34

Ahh interesting. I forgot that if you have higher strength then their toughness, poison and agoniser would become better. As for challenging characters, sergeants count as characters which is a nice way to charge up soul trap. I sadly only have the one venom at the moment but I suppose I can proxy my two other talos's splinter cannons as haywires. And i so need more ravagers, there is a certain formation I would love to deploy...

Thank you for the advice, I will do some list editing with what I have and see what I come up with =D
I may also donate some of the armoured mon-keigh for your own haemonculus to enjoy...

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders   2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 points Kabal of the Blood Shedders
Page 1 of 1