THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

units of Talos or CTC

Go down 
+4
Hellraiser
Jimsolo
fisheyes
doriii
8 posters
AuthorMessage
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

units of Talos or CTC Empty
PostSubject: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2016, 01:09

I just got my hands on my 6th pain engine so im in the process of painting and what not.

So i've been thinking about having up to three units of our Talos friends with 1 to 3 in each unit

OR

say frakkit and go full CTC

with many units it'll get to be in many places vs the one huge slow threat coming to murder everything in its way.
With CTC you can play positioning wound allocations as you please allowing it to survive even longer vs having a couple of units that can be brought more easily down

any thoughts on it ? Cool
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2016, 01:21

I am personally looking into adding just 2-3 talos in a squad to accompany my DA. All the FNP fun is great to share, especially if you can have multiple squads all assaulting different things
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2016, 02:58

I say either Dark Artisan or CTC. A unit by itself just doesn't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2016, 11:01

The DA just gives pain engines such great survivability buffs, its almost a shame that you only get 1 talos to benefit from the 4+ FNP rerolling 1s (if the humunculus is your warlord). Even grav would be less scary.
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2016, 12:15

Jimsolo wrote:
I say either Dark Artisan or CTC.  A unit by itself just doesn't do it for me.

not even three units of 2 talos or two of 3?
Back to top Go down
Hellraiser
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 00:52

I personally like running these guys in squads of one or two. Either that or full CTC.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 01:14

doriii wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:
I say either Dark Artisan or CTC.  A unit by itself just doesn't do it for me.

not even three units of 2 talos or two of 3?

I think there would be better places to spend your points and better ways to fill whatever role you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
Nightgaunt
Slave
Nightgaunt

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 03:07

I haven't fielded any but love the models. Do you find them too slow compared to the rest of the army?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 03:14

Definitely.
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 04:15

they are really slow and can be kited so my idea was having 3 units that can put pressure on all the table instead of just the middle where CTC will be most of the time i imagine
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 04:18

The CTC compensates for its slow speed with an obscenely huge footprint.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 12:53

AND victory points
Back to top Go down
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior
Woozl

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 18:02

and scout!
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 18:05

The DA buffs have limited range but they do in work on other pain engine units in range.

I think the best way is DA and CTC or DA and 2 small pain engine units near by, 4+ FNP with reroll ones is really nice. Range D will just destroy you, but nothing new there. the DA also has +1 init. which alot of people miss and it's makes it viable to charge into more units (such as a wounded wraithknight, you would normally just lose your pain engines before getting to swing). Also don't forget about the haemy getting zealot mid game, it makes a huge difference.

PostSubject: Re: units of Talos or CTC   units of Talos or CTC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

units of Talos or CTC
Page 1 of 1