THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Theorycrafting DE list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

Theorycrafting DE list Empty
PostSubject: Theorycrafting DE list   Theorycrafting DE list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 07:11

Hello all!
I had an idea for a possible list and was wondering what critiques TDC may have for it.
1850 points

CAD
Lhamean 10
2XWarriors in dual cannon venom 210
3XRavagers triple lance 375
CAD
Lhamean 10
CAD
Lhamean un dual cannon venom 75

The basic idea is pretty simple. How many Ravagers could you fit into 1850 points? Turns out, 9.
Just makes me want to get some Ravagers now....
Back to top Go down
tegs
Kabalite Warrior
tegs

PostSubject: Re: Theorycrafting DE list   Theorycrafting DE list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 16:56

Couldn't you have all the warriors under a single CAD and have the Ravagers as an unbound detachment? It's not the Ravagers benefit from Objective Secured anyway.

It saves you a whopping 20 pts, but you never know when that might come in handy, and it certainly makes the list a lot easier to read. :-p

Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Theorycrafting DE list   Theorycrafting DE list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 17:59

There is no such thing as an "unbound detachment" List editing software uses it to make their systems work but it does not exist per the rules. The rules state that you can either build a Battleforged Army which consists entirely of Detachments (including formations which are detachments) or an Unbound Army which doesn't. However, if one chooses to build an unbound army then they lose all detachment but not formation benefits.

So while what you are suggesting is legal they would lose obsec by becoming unbound.

To make the list easier to read they simply need to write better:

2x CAD [1190]
Lhamean 10
2 Warriors - Venom [2 cannon] 210
3 Ravagers [3 lance] 375

1x CAD [660]
Lhamean - Venom [2 cannon] 75
2 Warriors - Venom [2 cannon] 210
3 Ravagers [3 lance] 375

Same list. Much Cleaner to read. Strategically it looks fine but I don't play venomspam.
Back to top Go down
tegs
Kabalite Warrior
tegs

PostSubject: Re: Theorycrafting DE list   Theorycrafting DE list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 20:46

amorrowlyday wrote:
The rules state that you can either build a Battleforged Army which consists entirely of Detachments (including formations which are detachments) or an Unbound Army which doesn't.

I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing this out to me, it's a lot less embarrassing here than in mid game when somebody realizes I'm cheating. :-\
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theorycrafting DE list   Theorycrafting DE list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theorycrafting DE list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: