THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 casual list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Vitcus

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 15:49

So gonna roll out this list for tomorrow and see how it does. Should be just under 1850 give or take and some things may be subject to change. This is just for playing in my local GW store so not anything competitive but it should be fun. Pretty sure I've seen similar lists to this

RsR:

Succubus- Glaive, Armour of misery.

5x Trueborn- 4xblasters, Venom, Cannon
5x Trueborn- 4xblasters, Venom, Cannon

5x Warriors- Blaster, Venom, Annon
5x Warriors- Blaster, Venom, Cannon

6x reavers- 2xClaptrops
6x Reavers- 2x Claptrops
6x Reavers- 2x Claptrops

Ravager- 3xdark lance
Ravager- 3xdatk lance

Covens
Grotquesuire

Heami

4x Grots, raider, nightshields sails
4x Grots, aberration, raider night shields sails
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 18:06

You really don't care if a grotesques raider gets shot to crap. For that reason that 30pts would probably be better spent buying an agonizer for your aberration or upgrading the squad to one as well and giving them both scissorhands.
Back to top Go down
sixteen.scandals
Slave
sixteen.scandals

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 19:24

Agree with amorrowly on the removal of Night Shields - honestly you can probably do without the enhanced sails too. If you flat-out turn one you'll make it 30" and you can't assault anyways, next turn you're going another 6", disembarking 6" so even without sails you're making it 42" which should get you in range for a charge on pretty well any opposing deployment pattern. (that said if there's an extra 10pts and nowhere to put it, the sails aren't a terrible place to put them)

Also may be a good idea to run both Grotesque units with 3x Grots + 1x Abberation (scissorhand) for a total of 4 models per unit. The average unit size for all other armies is approx. 5 models, so you want to stay under that model-count so the Grots can take advantage of their Rampage special rule for those juicy juicy extra attacks.

For the non-grotesque portion - why take RSR detachment if you aren't using the extra fast attack slots? You're much better off calling it a CAD so you can get Objective secured on your troops. I'd also convert one (or both) of your Trueborn units to regular troops in a venom and use the point savings to get a 3rd ravager. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 21:17

I think the list you have given us comes to 1813, so a little room to move.

I would change the RSR detachment to a CAD for objective secured, as you aren't using the extra fast attack slots and the detachment benefits to RSR are not that great.

On a jinking Raider Night Shields are excellent value. Unless you are facing lots of ignores cover weapons, they will reduce the chance of a shot getting through from 3/6 to 2/6, which means if it took 12 shots to bring down the Raider before then it will now take 18. If you face a lot of ignores cover weapons they will be much less valuable and you could trim them.

Aberrations with Scissorhands are a marginal upgrade against 2+ saves and are worse value that more Grotesques against anything else. Agonisers are my recommendation if you upgrade to an Aberration, or save the points and just get basic Grotesques.

A single Blaster on the Kabalite Warriors is pretty marginal value, you could trim those if you are short of points.

Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 21:30

False. They make grotesques able to semireliably damage AV 12 walkers (dreadnoughts) which they could not do otherwise. They are also 15 pts cheaper. Over 2 squads that 30 extra points is certainly better spent elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
sixteen.scandals
Slave
sixteen.scandals

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 21:58

Ddding more grotesques reduces the probability of triggering Rampage which gives up huuugggeeee value. Also, I agree that Jinking Raiders are significantly more survivable - but if your Raider is just going to be a kamikaze Grotesquerie delivery machine I don't see the value of putting any points into it. I wouldn't even bother upgrading to a dark lance.
Back to top Go down
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Vitcus

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 07:31

I think RSR is just a force of habit really lol might be tempted to split the reavers down in to three man squads depending.

Nightshields are there to protect first turn, if there's little to no LoS blocking terrain (knowing my GW terrain will be sparse since its gaming night). Sails are a cheap upgrade, and they come into their own when playing lengthways.

One squad of grits ones have the abberation, I might give the second unit one also after dropping blasters from the Warriors. They are 4 man strong purely because I find that to be a good number, one model is a wound take rubric they hit combat. Never thought about agonisers on abberation a though, the advantage? Apart from ap3?

When I worked out the its it came to 1848 so I may have missed something when typing up, doesn't matter if I'm changing the list slightly
Back to top Go down
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Vitcus

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 07:40

On playing with it

Succubus- Glaive, Armour of misery. (110)

5x Trueborn- 4xblasters, Venom, Cannon (180)
5x Trueborn- 4xblasters, Venom, Cannon (180)

5x Warriors- Venom, Annon (105)
5x Warriors- Venom, Cannon (105)

6x reavers- 2xClaptrops (126)
6x Reavers- 2x Claptrops (126)
6x Reavers- 2x Claptrops (126)

Ravager- 3xdark lance (125)
Ravager- 3xdatk lance (125)

Covens
Grotquesuire

Heami- Sindriq's sump (80)

4x Grots, abberation, sissorhand, raider, nightshields (230)
4x Grots, aberration, sissorhand, raider, nightshields (230)

So changes are, blasters and sails dropped, abberation in both grot squads with sissorhand, Heami has sump. Never used the sump before, very rarely actually take upgrades from the coven book lol
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 07:42

I had never considered Scissorhands as an option against Dreadnoughts.

With a Scissorhand, an Aberration against a Dread has a 1/2 hit chance, and a 1/6 chance of scoring a glancing or penetrating hit. So 12 attacks per hull point inflicted. There is no chance to explode the Dread, so it will take an average of 36 attacks to destroy (ignoring the small chance of two immobilised results). Against a Dread the Aberration wont get Rampage, so 6 attacks on the charge or 5 otherwise. That means it will take 7 fight phases on average for an Aberration with Scissorhand to kill a Dreadnought.

During that time the Dread would have on average killed 11-12 Grotesques. That doesn't sound like great odds to me.

sixteen.scandals - the value of the Night Shields to me is decreasing the chance of losing the Raider before your first turn, and having to walk. Definitely agree on not spending points on the Dark Lance.

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 07:44

Archon Vitcus wrote:

One squad of grits ones have the abberation, I might give the second unit one also after dropping blasters from the Warriors. They are 4 man strong purely because I find that to be a good number, one model is a wound take rubric they hit combat. Never thought about agonisers on abberation a though, the advantage? Apart from ap3?

When I worked out the its it came to 1848 so I may have missed something when typing up, doesn't matter if I'm changing the list slightly
Also possible I didn't catch everything when quickly throwing into Battlescribe.

Agonisers are beneficial for the reliable AP3. A waste against Terminators obviously, but a big boost in damage against Marines over the Scissorhand.

Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 21:05

Kantalla you're presuming we're TRYING to kill the dread with the Abberration. On the contrary, it's simply more practical to have the possibility of cutting it open rather than spend those three turns just tying up a dreadnought you can't hurt since Fearless units can't OWAU.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2016, 07:11

Ok I can see the idea you have there. It seems like a pretty minor benefit for the times when you might end up tangled with a Dread. However, it does help make the idea of a Scissorhand a little more worthwhile.

My advice would still be in favour of an Agoniser Aberration or no Aberration, due to the prevalence of Marine statlines.

Back to top Go down
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Vitcus

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2016, 07:38

Never got a game last night so this list is on hold for now, have rescheduled for next week and I've been asked to field a Corpse thief Claw and make a dirty Dark elder list
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1850 casual list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 casual list   1850 casual list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 casual list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-