THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My 1850 Go to List, C&C please!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

My 1850 Go to List, C&C please! Empty
PostSubject: My 1850 Go to List, C&C please!   My 1850 Go to List, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2016, 01:32

Hey everyone,

So Im still relatively new to the whole 40k scene (<1 year), and I was looking to come up with a "Go to" list which I will consistently play for the next couple months. The reasoning behind this is that as I see it, by sticking to one list and learning how to play various strategies/go up against different opponents with it, Ill become a better player. Before, I found myself always switching lists, which meant that Id need to learn the new units/synergy, as opposed to developing sound tactics.

Anyways, here she is!

DE CAD 1

2xMedusae IN Venom w/ S.C

1. 5x Kabs w/ Blaster IN Venom w/ S.C
2. 5x Kabs w/ Blaster IN Venom w/ S.C
3. 5x Kabs w/ Blaster IN Venom w/ S.C

1. 3x Reavers w/ C.C and Heat Lance
2. 3x Reavers w/ C.C and Heat Lance
3. 3x Reavers w/ C.C and Heat Lance

1. Ravager w/ 3x D.L
2. Ravager w/ 3x D.L
3. Ravager w/ 3x D.L

DE CAD 2

2x Medusae IN Venom w/ S.C

1. 4x Mandrakes
2. 4x Mandrakes

1. 5x Kabs w/ Blaster IN Venom w/ S.C
2. 5x Kabs w/ Blaster w/Sybarite- w/ HWG IN Venom w/ S.C

1. 5x Scourge w/ 4x HWB
2. 5x Scourge w/ 4x HWB
3. 3x Reavers w/ C.C w/ Heat Lance

Total: 1850

The idea here is redundancy, multi targeting (everything can threaten anything), and expend-ability. Then we get to the mandrakes, they are for backfield objective grabbing and harassing, tbh, I had the extra 100 points, so I threw them in. If theyre in cover, they should be getting a 2+ cover save, so if anyone is going to waste their ignore cover weapons to wipe out a 48 point mandrake squad, I see that as a win, considering that they are not hitting any of my other units.

Ive got a couple of alternatives/minor changes in my head, but im curious to get your guys opinions first!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Go to List, C&C please!   My 1850 Go to List, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2016, 08:39

Honestly what are the Medusae doing? They arnt DSing, you tell your opponents you have AP 3 flamers they will just shoot them turns 1-2.

Take a unit of them 1-3 is fine, but I would just spend less points and get a couple Lhameans.

Other than that looks fine.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Go to List, C&C please!   My 1850 Go to List, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 12:17

Hey, thanks for the rely!

amishprn86 wrote:
Honestly what are the Medusae doing? They arnt DSing

Lol, they would indeed be deepstriking 9/10 times. The idea would be to pop open transports the first turn or 2, and then hopefully get the medusa DSing turn 2 or 3 to deal with the footsloggers.

The 1/9 time that I would consider fielding them is going up against a drop pop heavy list: place the medusa away from objectives (preferably near table edge to hope for a mishap), expect them to all die (they are only 115pts each), and light up the now footslogging, out of position drop pod rhines with poison/blasters. Alternatively, if they dont go after the medusa, they have the next turn to fly into position and assault rhine face.

Do you think that would be a viable tactic?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Go to List, C&C please!   My 1850 Go to List, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 13:20

RoadRageRob666 wrote:
Hey, thanks for the rely!

amishprn86 wrote:
Honestly what are the Medusae doing? They arnt DSing

Lol, they would indeed be deepstriking 9/10 times. The idea would be to pop open transports the first turn or 2, and then hopefully get the medusa DSing turn 2 or 3 to deal with the footsloggers.

The 1/9 time that I would consider fielding them is going up against a drop pop heavy list: place the medusa away from objectives (preferably near table edge to hope for a mishap), expect them to all die (they are only 115pts each), and light up the now footslogging, out of position drop pod rhines with poison/blasters. Alternatively, if they dont go after the medusa, they have the next turn to fly into position and assault rhine face.

Do you think that would be a viable tactic?

Ok so you are DSing them, I just havent seen much DSing now days without sometype of modifier to a DSing unit Smile Just not used to it is all.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Go to List, C&C please!   My 1850 Go to List, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 16:18

Haha no worries, I probably should have mentioned that they would be DSing :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Go to List, C&C please!   My 1850 Go to List, C&C please! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 1850 Go to List, C&C please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: