THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First DE List 1000p

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mörken
Slave
Mörken

First DE List 1000p Empty
PostSubject: First DE List 1000p   First DE List 1000p I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 09:03

So, Im rather new to the 40k wargaming so Im still struggling with basic rules, and really new to Dark Eldars. Mostly I've been playing friendly games with my pals, who rolls with Admech, chaos and Tau, and thats probably how things will stay since my town lacks a active 40k community. With that in mind, how do you guys think this list would do on the table? I was thinking i terms of a fast moving army for securing objectives.. Razz

HQ:
Archon, agoniser, blast pistol & soul trap

Troops:
10x kab, (with one syb, hw, sw) in a raider
5x kab, venom
5x kab, venom
5x kab, venom

Fast:
3x Reavers, CC
3x Reavers, CC
3x Reavers, CC
3x Reavers, CC

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: First DE List 1000p   First DE List 1000p I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 09:23

Blast Pistol is a waste, and you dont have Ravagers or any long range AT. Otherwise fine. And you probably want to drop that big bad raider, keep it MSU, dont concentrate points too much, especially not in Raider Kabalites squad.

tegs
Kabalite Warrior
tegs

PostSubject: Re: First DE List 1000p   First DE List 1000p I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 16:58

The Archon isn't going to do well in assault without support to soak up wounds and overwatch, and putting the Syb + warriors in that role really wastes their potential. You're probably better off either adding an assault unit like Grots to back up an assault oriented Archon or Succubus, or giving the Archon a blaster and making him a shooty addition to the Raider.

I can't comment on the new models, but the old Ravager was really just a Raider with more guns on it. Easy solution - put two warrior models with DLs on the Raider and now it's a Ravager. Ta da! The old warrior sprues only had splinter cannons, but I've converted them to DLs by making them shoulder mounted and trimming off the handles and blades.

You also have to take the Realspace detachment to have 4 FA slots for the reavers, and I don't think that's worth it. You'd be better off with a CAD using two 6 Reaver units or one 6 Reaver unit and two 3 Reaver units.

The Sybarite is usually a waste of points. Maybe in a foot slogging unit just for the extra Ld.

With the models you've got there, I'd do this:

Archon w. Blaster, dual cannon Venom
6xReaver, CC
6xReaver, CC
5xWarriors in dual cannon Venom
5xWarriors in dual cannon Venom
DL Ravager w. nightshield

That's 742 pts, leaving you with 5 pts for a Parasite's Kiss or HW 'nades. You could toss in a foot slogging warrior unit and bring that up to 847, but I don't think you can go higher than that without seriously hindering your army.

PostSubject: Re: First DE List 1000p   First DE List 1000p I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First DE List 1000p
Page 1 of 1