THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy eldar
Hellion
Grumpy eldar

Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks Empty
PostSubject: Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks   Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2016, 11:04

Hi everyone. Am building a force been loving this talk group. Am considering going kabilite warrior heavy. At the moment have 50 warriors, 10 man squads with dark lances and blasters with sybirate with only haywire grenade. Hoping this gives them a nasty punch against armour and 3+ saves. am probably going to put them all in raiders with dark lances or split some up for venoms. Want to add x2 scourges again for tanks and imperial Knights. Also thinking a talos to draw the eye and a squad of three grotesques to soak up damage. Been reading a lot and want to play competitively but a pure dark eldar force. If anyone can see anything blatantly wrong with my force, advice and guidance welcome. When start playing will update this feed with my results and progression of force.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks   Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2016, 11:11

Moved to Army Lists. You'll get more feedback there - Count Adhemar

Grumpy eldar
Hellion
Grumpy eldar

PostSubject: Re: Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks   Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2016, 11:28

Cheers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks   Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2016, 20:39

Hiya Grumpy,

Just wondering what points limit your aiming for & your usual ememies etc?
Back to top Go down
Grumpy eldar
Hellion
Grumpy eldar

PostSubject: Re: Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks   Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2016, 22:44

We'll have a GW shop and they do slow build campaigns up to I believe the standards 1850pts. I am going for the idea that everyone think we are rubbish, but if I can turn up for games and have all
Troops in transports with DS or speacialits with DS It may become unpredictable. Another thought is have this models out as horde and have dotted through some units too soak up fire, warriors are glass but still if they can punch back and have a dark lance and a blaster they can hurt vehicles, or if close enough even versus Marines they could do some damage with a wounding on 4+. Now understand I may be dreaming but could DE be a horde army that we haven't realised?
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks   Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2016, 23:25

People don't think DE are rubbish, just 'average' & hard to play!
Back to top Go down
Krokthefat
Slave
Krokthefat

PostSubject: Re: Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks   Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2016, 16:35

Grumpy eldar wrote:
Now understand I may be dreaming but could DE be a horde army that we haven't realised?

Hello,

I don't mean to be rude or anything but I am having trouble reading your posts, because some words are missing.

If your idea is that a horde of Kabbalyte warrior would be a good army or even a good horde army, then I disagree. They are not a good plateform for Dark Lances, they are not really resilient and they are hardly a high damage output unit.

They are the cheapest troops of the codex and therefore can have objective secure and also take a venom as dedicated transport, that will provide mobility to grab objectives and firepower.

IMO you'll be better off using an MSU style army (Most of the DE unit are fragile. But if you field a lot of small units your opponnent has to allocate more fire power to kill the same amount of stuff), with smaller squads of Kabbalytes in venoms, and let scourges/Blasterborns/Raiders do the AT work.

Grotesques are a good CC unit, but they need a baby sitter (an independant character) because of their ugly leadership value.

You could also use Reavers, with cluster calltrops and Firelance, for added mobility and board control.

I hope this helps. Anyway, tells us what you've gone for and how you do fair in battle.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy eldar
Hellion
Grumpy eldar

PostSubject: Re: Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks   Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2016, 10:24

Thanks all for help. On listening to advice am going to take some grotesques with haemonclui and also court of archon and reduce unit sizes of warriors and bring a lot more venoms to the table. Thanks again for all the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks   Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a force, cunning tips and malices tricks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: