THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Donatron
Slave
Donatron

1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs   1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2016, 12:16

Hi all, after doing some reading up on them I am interested in giving the corsairs a shot after a few more games with pure dark eldar, as I am still getting to grips with them.

Eldar Corsair Fleet Raiding Company

Command - Prince, Cloud Dancer, Forceshield, Collector of Ancient Treasures, Mask of Secrets, Venom Blade - 125

Coterie #1 - Hate Bringers

HQ - Baron, Shadow Field, Cloud Dancer - 70

Troops

Cloud dancer band, 3 x scatter laser - 90

Corsair Reaver Band 3 x lasblaster, 2 x blaster, Venom w/ splinter cannon and scatter laser - 130

Heavy Support - Corsair Balestrike Squad, jetpacks, 5 x splinter cannon - 150

Coterie #2 - Titan Breakers

HQ - Baron, Shadow Field, Cloud Dancer - 70

Troops

Cloud dancer band, 3 x scatter laser - 90

Corsair Reaver Band 3 x lasblaster, 2 x blaster, Venom w/ scatter laser and TL lasblasters - 120

Corsair Reaver Band 3 x lasblaster, 2 x blaster, Venom w/ scatter laser and TL lasblasters - 120

Fast attack - Nightwing - 125

Heavy Support - Corsair Balestrike Squad, jetpacks, 5 x dark lances - 150

Dark Eldar Allied Detachment

HQ - Lhamean - 10

Troops

10 Kabalites, 1 w/ splinter cannon, raider w/ dark lance and splinter racks - 170

10 Kabalites, 1 w/ splinter cannon, raider w/ dark lance and splinter racks - 170

Fast Attack - 5 Scourge, 4 w/ Haywire Blasters - 120

Heavy Support - Ravager, 3 dark lances, nightshields - 140

So, there are a couple of reasons I am posting this, primary among them being that this is the first corsair list I have made.

My initial plan was to use the barons with jetpacks and use them as shadowfield sponges for the balestrike squads in the case of a poor jetpack move role to get back into cover, up until I read the tyrant rule! So now the barons act as shields for the cloud dancers.

I am curious what peoples thoughts are on the corsair raiding company? Getting an extra VP is nice for destroying a designated unit with coterie #1 but re-rolling on the strategic warlord trait table could prove useful for the army if I were to simply take a combined arms.

For coterie #2 I am swaying between Titan breakers and hate bringers. Initially as I thought barons could join the balestrike squads I had both cloud dancer units in coterie #1 (hate bringers) and had the 3 corsair reaver band units in the titan breakers one. However, as I then had to switch a cloud dancer unit around with a corsair reaver band in order for each bike unit to be joined by a baron it means that the titan breakers perk is lost on the bike unit as opposed to the corsair reaver band benefiting from it. Would it be worthwhile just switching to the hate bringers perk for it too?

I initially had each corsair reaver band unit with fusion guns but I then realised the 12" range would be limiting and with the venoms I would rather keep the enemy at arms length, hence why I switched to blasters.

The prince was initially used in much the same way as the barons, going up front with a shadowfield while also making the cloud dancers fearless, but I replaced this with a forceshield due to being tight with points. What are peoples thoughts on removing one of the scat packs, replacing it with felarchs with venom blades and running them with the prince and a baron upfront to take hits if neccessary? Obviously this would mean freeing up points elsewhere.

Apologies for the encyclopedias worth of questions  but allying the corsairs with dark eldar leaves me ... intrigued, with the plentiful opportunities available. Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
benmannen6
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs   1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2016, 12:50

I like the list a lot. I would try to find points for Void Sabres for the Prince and Barons. Venom Blades just dont cut it any more for 10pts each!

And I like running my Venoms for Corsairs with just 2 Shuriken Cannons or Shuriken Cannon + Scatter Laser. have you considered the deep strike Coterie ability? It's not bad at all when you have so many Balestrike squads and can give Venoms Deep Strike for 5pts?
Back to top Go down
Donatron
Slave
Donatron

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs   1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2016, 14:33

Thanks Smile

I have taken the splinter cannon off the one venom which had it and put those points into upgrading the venom blade to a void sabre for my prince. Unfortunately with barons being only S3 I think the void sabre is better spent on the prince with his S4.

I had looked into using that with fusion gun passengers, but if that fails then that leaves them dangerously in the open, at which point they are as good as gone. I have gotten the most use from my venoms when they are just within shooting range of the enemy, as it allows for easy use of cover while still harassing the enemy.

Although if anyone else has success stories using it I would be interested to hear them, as again I am a newbie to both the dark eldar and corsair gig!
Back to top Go down
benmannen6
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs   1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2016, 14:48

Hmm, don't take guns off your boats, you need them, how about reducing the Kabalite Warrior squads to 8 in each and use the points for extra guns on your Venoms? When the FAQ from GW is official you won't be able to jink and shoot with full BS anymore, turning Raiders back into what they were before: Delivery systems for CC units.

Or try your setup, it's just a shame maxing out on what Eldar do best... Shoot tons of S6 shots Smile

And S4 Rendon on Barons is not bad. He is a little good (fairly cheap) tank hunter Smile He can take a Hull Point or two off in CC Smile
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs   1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2016, 15:22

You cant run 2 hate bringers coteries in the same detachment - so leaving them as titan breakers or sky burners is the best bet

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Donatron
Slave
Donatron

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs   1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2016, 17:00

Good suggestion about reducing the warriors, now it is a squad of 8. Bought all the venoms splinter cannons to go along with their shuriken cannons. I like having both weapons with 36" range. This required me ditching the CC weapon upgrade on the prince, but I suppose it'll keep me more inclined to not throw him into a combat he could end up stuck in.

Hadn't considered that with the baron though. I intend to keep them with their respective cloud dancer units however.

Ah of course! Thanks for the reminder, this corsairs detachment is confusing at first to get ones head around. That solves the biggest quandary about my list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs   1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Dark Eldar Allied to Corsairs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: