THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20

Go down 
+9
benmannen6
lelith
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Count Adhemar
Woozl
Unorthodoxy
Scrz
Causalis
Skari
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 Empty
PostSubject: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2016, 02:15

It is that time!

20 Games.

Those who know... know.

For those who do not:

This thread will be the place for my journey. I strongly believe that you become better as something with practice, a lot of it. And this journey is no different... I am learning how to use the Harlequins. I invite you, to follow this thread, and read about my bitter defeats and heroic victories in the path to unlock the secrets to playing with this elusive force.

The rules are simple, at least 20 games. To be played with minimal changes to the list against as many variety of opponents as possible! This thread will serve as a sort of "blog" that I will use to describe each game, post the odd picture and rant a bit. BUT most of all, it will allow me to explain what I have learned from each unit, each upgrade and explore the pros and cons of this army as I face off against each different army and opponent, things that work, things that don't work.

So take your seat, front row, and enjoy the entertainment. As the emissaries of the webway take to the stage!

Let the show... BEGIN.

Youtube Channel

Last edited by Skari on Mon Nov 21 2016, 23:29; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2016, 02:18

This post will be updated with the Games that I have played... as well as any links to battle reports, or other things that I have written that showcase the army.

Game 1 - VS - KNIGHTS and DARK ANGELS - HERE - 1850pts
Game 2 - VS - ELDAR -Video Battle Report 1650pts
Game 3 - VS - SPACE MARINES (ultramarines) - 1500pts
Game 4 - VS - SPACE WOLVES - 1500pts
Game 5 - VS - Tempestus - 1500pts WIN
Game 6 - VS - Chaos Space Marines WIN
Game 7 - VS - KNIGHTS - Loss (got tabled)
Game 8 - VS - Deamons - Was Winning, Un determined due to time.
Game 9 -
Game 10 -
Game 11 -
Game 12 -
Game 13 -
Game 14 -
Game 15 -
Game 16 -
Game 17 -
Game 18 -
Game 19 -
Game 20 -

Youtube Channel

Last edited by Skari on Mon Nov 21 2016, 23:29; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2016, 09:52

Sounds great! I was wondering when we'll see more Harlequins since you wanted to field them "more often" as you said in your tactics videos. I would also love to see more mono-lists instead of Eldar + Dark Eldar allies/vice versa.

When will we get to see the first bat reps? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2016, 13:14

Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02 2016, 00:48

First game has been played!

1850 pts

Played against a Knight detachment and their dark angel allies in a progressive objectives mission with kill points.

It was a fun game! Stay tuned for the write up and tactical break down, as well as the full list.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02 2016, 06:34

You are awaited.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2016, 05:03

Ok! So game 1 - played against a 1850pt Knights army. With dark angel allies.
His list was three Knights in an oathsworn detachment for obsec, and 4 units of 3 black Knights and a librarian on a bike.

My army :
Revenge formation-

Solitaire
3 death jesters with haywires
3 shadow seers, one level 2, one with mask , haywires
5 troupe - warlord with caress and starmist , one with kiss and one with caress
Starweaver
5 troupe - master with caress , one with kiss and one with caress
Star weaver
5 troupe - master with caress , one with kiss and one with caress
Star weaver
2 sky weavers - haywire cannons
2 sky weavers
Void Weaver - prismatic cannon

Dark Eldar CAD-
Lhamean - raider lance
6 kabalites - raider lance
6 kabalites - raider lance
5 scourge with 4 heat lances

So! The mission was a progressive crusade style mission, kill points and secondaries ...

I rolled on light warlord table ... Got +4 to sieze ...
Given that my opponent has lords of war... That's +5! So I was going first ... Lol.
Indeployed and hit one flank hard... I killed two units of black Knights on the first turn with shrieks. Put a hull point on a knight ...

The game was awesome... Let's not get bogged down with details!

The ... Game .... Was .... Awesome! I loved playing with the army! I had very few models left at the end of the game... But I effectively tabled my opponents army, the game went 6 turns and all he had left was a knight with 2hp left.

Wow, the harlies hit hard but die worse than wyches! So I can't wait for the next games. Needless to say I lost kill points. The dark Eldar were pivotal in having obsec so I'm very happy I have them in the list.

I found that I either have to have all the shadow seers as level two or level one but not a mix. Ive chosen to go for level one. And I need to make sure the one with the mask runs with the warlord so that unit does not run away... Learned that the hard way.

Any ideas on what powers are the best to roll on against dofferent opponents ? I used shriek A lot and fog of dreams , kept on making a knight pretty useless ... lol like a reverse invis.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior
Woozl

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2016, 17:13

Did you find your were able to get buffs off with the shadowseers even though the units began in transports ?

I'm planning a masque list and am concerned about having the starweavers get glanced/blown up, and having the remaining unit exposed before buffs can be cast. Particularly if you move everything up T1 setting up for a T2 charge.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2016, 00:41

Objective Secured units are very important. i won my game last night thanks to the fact that i kept mine alive, and he had none to begin with.

Dark Eldar in particular can take some pretty darn fast units to ferry their reserved Objective Secured units where they need to go.

Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2016, 04:15

I found that having the Dark Eldar objective secured and laces really helped fill the proverbial "gap" in the army.

I tweaked my points a bit and was able to shoehorn a whole other 5 man kabalite unit and made the lhameans raider obsec as well. SO! The next game will be me working that.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2016, 16:15

Will we get to see these 20 games as videos on your YT channel? Because I would LOVE to see more of the LSD Clowns. It is pretty hard to actually find (good) bat reps of them on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07 2016, 21:35

The first games will probably not be filmed as I paint up the army. But expect more content as it gets done.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2016, 06:34

keep em coming.

Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2016, 10:56

Quote :
The first games will probably not be filmed as I paint up the army. But expect more content as it gets done

Why not? If I had to choose between no content at all and bat reps with unpainted/primed models I would go for the unpainted army.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2016, 13:37

Game 2 gas been played!

1650 pts - Harlequins vs Eldar! (scat bikes and all) in a maelstrom mission.

I DID film this one Wink

Stay tuned for a write up.

20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 Eldar10

versus

20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 Harleq10

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2016, 14:16

Any thoughts on the matchup before I post something?

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2016, 14:19

Looking at those armies I'd say you're in trouble! Laughing

Will be interested to see the outcome.

Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2016, 06:22

Yikes! This is maybe the best illustration I have seen of how expensive harlequins are.
I'm betting you did not out-shoot him? Smile

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2016, 07:28

That looks like a tough match up!
Hope to see how you did against it

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2016, 13:24

I will write up the Eldar game later today .

Just had game 3! A highlander style 1500pt game against my brothers space marines... Maelstrom of war! What a fun game as well... He had 16 minis left and I only had 7 minis left!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2016, 16:13

When will we get to see the bat rep you filmed? Smile
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2016, 16:23

The patrons for my channel have had the batrep for about a week now Smile the general release is this week sometime.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2016, 18:55

Great video!
Nice to see harlequins do really well

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2016, 21:19

Game two!

This was a very fun game.

This game showcased the strength of the revenge formation, especially the warlord traits from the light table and the power of a solitaire when the rolling is right. I am getting better at using the high number of characters in the army... the death jesters are really nasty against small biker units, and the miniatures from the new boxed set really add alot to the army.

I hope you enjoy the report as much as I liked testing the army against a tough list... my opponent did make some mistakes tho and he paid for them dearly... I am looking forward to gaining more experience. Stay tuned for the write up for game three.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2016, 12:11

I enjoyed the video, it's pretty impressive! Thanks for your uploading.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next