THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20

Go down 
+9
benmannen6
lelith
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Count Adhemar
Woozl
Unorthodoxy
Scrz
Causalis
Skari
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2016, 02:58

Thanks for watching !

Game 4 has been played against space wolves as well,

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
benmannen6
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01 2016, 15:03

Game 3, game 3 game 3?

Is a video report coming on that one too?
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05 2016, 14:31

Game Three Does not have a video report, neither does game 4 sadly. But I did take pictures of game 4, so expect some cool looking clash of titans sort of stuff!

Game three... Against My Brothers Space Marines using Ultramarine Chapter Tactics.

We played a maelstrom mission, and in this army list building format, we are testing for a tournament and its highlander... we did not adhere strictly to the format but pretty much...

Off the top of my head his list:

Captain with bike, eternal shield, fist
Command Squad on bikes with grav grav and more grav.

10 Tacticals in rhino
10 scouts, 5 with snipers, 5 with bolters
5 tacticals in razor

Dread with heavy flamer in drop pod

Devastators with 3 ML and 1 LC with razorback.

So a pretty straight forward list for the marines...

My list was based on a MASQUE detachment.

One solitaire
One Lv 2 shadowseer with mask
The Spectre (death jester)

3 troupes, 2 on foot, one with a star weaver

4 Skyweavers with cannon, two with glaives

Void Weaver

Ran a dark eldar detachment with a succubus and 9 wyches in a raider and some deep striking scourge with heat lances.

Anyhow! On to what I learned from this game...

I dont like drop pods with flamers.

Hehe, well that goes without saying but it is so true! Flamer drop pods are so nasty... cant wait to see what ill do against the new deathwatch and their super flamer lascannon launcher things.

The spectre was awesome, shrouding the troupe while moving forward and while on foot I used veil alot to prevent them from getting blasted.

Not having the run+charge was huge! So im going to have to get used to them moving slowly... might even play around with the wargear composition because the unit in the sky weaver is going to be the main move and charge unit I think.

The jetbikes were awesome, I wish they were fearless... hehe. All in all I won the game thanks to the maelstrom points, and the solitaire really did a number on the enemy. The Succubus with her wyches were the real stars this game and went all the way into the back field on their raider and caused some real havoc I loved the dynamic of the wyches with the harlies so I am wishing to explore that further.

All in all, I dont know if the solitaire is worth it with no re roll ones to his invul... so we shall see!

What do you think?

Cheers!

- Stay tuned for the write up of game 4... was the full revenge formation against the forces of the space wolves!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06 2016, 10:37

As always, well played Skari!

One question: You played the Masque detachment? In my codex, they get rising crescendo: From turn 2, you can run and charge.

I find it very heart-warming that you used our magnificent looking wyches in a game. Mine have been retired for at least a year and a half.

Although it would slow down the jetbikes later in the game, would you attach the MoS Shadowseer + the Spectre for Viel shenanigans, shrouded and fearless?

Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07 2016, 07:38

It's exciting to read, as always!

As @DEfan mentioned, the masque detachment confers run&charge shenanigan as well as Cegorach's Revenge and its smaller form (forgot the formation name).

I wonder how well Veil of Tears worked. Would you please share any tips for using the psychic power?

Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11 2016, 04:41

Yes, the masque has the rising crescendo rule. Thanks for reminding me !
I love my wyches, they do very well every time I use them, best paired with a fearless coven hemaonculus.

Ok! On to game 4:

Vs Space wolves - three relics that can only be grabbed starting turn two. One in each pitched deployment zone and one in the middle.

My opponents army - 3 units of wulfen, large unit of thunder wolves with a lord and 5 grey hunters (the murder pack, get started box formation, used for run and charge) champions of fenris detachment with a wolf priest and two servitors and 3 drop pods.

This list is akin to a fist right to the nuts.

So I was able to go first and there were some powers that would come in handy for me, namely, terrify and domination ... Combined with the mask of secrets I was able to pin the Thunderwolf death star in place on a key pivotal turn, when I hit the wolves I hit them with everything I had ! And then lost pretty much every harlequin... I wounded a lot of the thunder wolves but my very weak players got eaten pretty quick ... The solitaire was pivotal in pinning larger units of wulfen in place and surviving, his invul keeping him alive until very late in the game.
I. This game the void weaver was quite useful with the ap3 blast as well!

Because my opponent had almost no shooting it was all about speed bumps and dealing with the nasty combat units while trying to spread out his army. I misplayed at the end of the game not toorboboosting three Eldar Jetbikes to a contested objective to obsec it. This cost me the game by a few points.

Things that I learned :

The wulfen formation with the potential extra move , and the thinderwolves with move + run + charge are stupid fast...do NOT under estimate them.

I split up all my characters to force my enemy to split up, did not need veil due to lack of shooting in his list so, I used telepathy and shrieks.

So, another great game for the harlequins!

Stay tuned! Game 5 has been played! I take on the forces of the Tempestus and their scions! (7 taurox es and all)
Also game 6!!! Against CSM

Both these were maelstrom missions, and ONlY harlequins, no allies ... How would I do with no obsec? Let me know below!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2016, 20:52

Games 5 , 6 and 7. And the FIRST list change.

The Path of the Webway is a winding, perilous one. The servants of the laughing God dance on the edge of a razor, each step, each move one that resonates in the current energy of the universe. This path, the taken and trodden path, has been an educational one yet, it has tested us to the very core, there are many steps still to travel. Many brush strokes to fill the canvas. The shimmering light, the twilight and the shroud of darkness all come together and together, we face the enemy, playing our parts like a well rehearsed dance... a dance of death, a dance of hope.

Anyhow.

On to the next stage of the 20 game series. The first 5 games or so I use the same list, usually unaltered... and this allows me to really get a better feel for the army itself. So! we are 7 games in, and I am happy that you have come this far, make sure you leave a comment if you would like. The harlequins have been one of the toughest armies I have had to learn how to play, and I am only starting to scrape the surface of its potential, I can feel it.

Game 5 -

I played against the Tempestus Scions.... they had 7 tauroxes with rockets and auto cannon and then 7 units of deep striking infantry with plasma guns, and melta guns...
The mission was a maelstrom, so his obsec was really going to help him, and we played spoils of war... where you can steal your opponents secure objective X cards... I was in for a tough fight.
First turn, my solitaire goes down... but he soaked up almost the entire enemy army this was very good for me, as my opponent had stolen the initiative. The first two turns, my enemy raked up the points, but then... all his infantry died as my harlequins hit combat... and was able to focus and kill one of the little tanks at a time. At the end of the game, I had pulled ahead on points. But it was at great cost I had only a few harlies left and he only had one taurox left!
What a blood bath.

Stay Tuned for games 6 and 7!

What do you think would happen?

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2016, 18:32

I cant wait to see how you deal with the Knight spam list
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21 2016, 01:01

Game 8! Played against Deamons, fatey, brass Scorpion and more!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2016, 23:37

Game 6 was against chaos. With a combination of cultists... and obliterators and the helldrake. And a couple of mauler fiends. A small allied detachment of deamons with a herald and some horrors for summoning.

The game went well for the harlequins. I was able to sink my solitaire into the obliterators and tie them up until they died. and on my second turn I ganged up on the unit of spawn and the jugger lord in the centre of the table with two full units of harlies... i had baited them to charge my void weaver, and it perfomed its job as bait admirably.

The unit that gave me the most trouble were the maulerfiends as always, and they were posed to do the most damage. At the end of the game I did not have many models left... I am seeing a pattern here... but, as the dust settled, the harlequins remained victorious!

game 7 was against knights and game 8 was also played... 12 more games... 12 more!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2016, 17:07

I am seeing a lot of reports recently where the solitare just walks around murdering all in his path. I guess you have no troubles with his perminant IC status.

Still waiting to see how you deal with the knight spam. Will you be list tailoring so that you have enough AT weapons?
Back to top Go down
Korona
Kabalite Warrior
Korona

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2016, 03:28

Keep up the good work, Cegorach is proud!

I'm pretty inspired by the optimism here - painting the first 6 harlequin models last year had my brain melting out of my ears - all those tiny diamonds!
I think I might actually tackle the other 18 and get them on the table though, this seems like a fun and challenging army to try and master!

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2016, 14:16

Ok, so after a bit of a hiatus... hehe. (you see, on a side note, I was challenged by some members of my local community that I am unable to win with "pure" dark eldar... so, to prove them wrong i build a tournament list 1500pts of just dark eldar, and took second place at a competitive event against riptide wings and 30 warp spider and scatt bike lists... etc etc...) now that I have proven my point, back to the Harlequins!!!!

Game 7 was played against Imperial Knights... 4 knights with gatling cannon and heavy flamers and fist things.

The mission was an objective based mission, and the army fared well, I dont recall too many of the details needless to say, that the turn that I had to commit and charge with all my harlies! I was hoping to kill at least one knight and cripple the other... well... I failed and he rolled well on the stomps and that was pretty much game over.

But it did teach me a few things... about move blocking knights and using ruins to prevent them fro being able to charge! Also, the Spectre with his shrouded rule is really good at keeping the harlies alive.

And then Game 8 was against a brass scorpion, fate weaver and a mini screamer star... with some horrors for summoning. Nasty little army. The game was called for time, but I was winning on the primary objectives and had faitey tied up in combat... the brass scorpion was dead as well!
The harlequins proved to be quite the great opponent really doing some work against the enemy army. I feel like they would struggle against a burning sky host tho... 9 units of screamers... ug.

Ok! So! Lets get this ball a rolling once more and start to play with some harlies.

Cheers!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2016, 17:29

Oooh, I cant wait to see how you deal with that gattling cannon Knight. Those are beyond brutal for us.

I assume some of these will make it to youtube?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2016, 21:12

How the funk do you manage to be that good?! O.o

Care to send some hair for cloning purposes?

Kabalite Warrior
Korona

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01 2016, 05:00

How many seers are you running?  I'm thinking as many as 6 is reasonable at this point, and maybe with that many dice to lob at "deny the witch" even a screamer star might struggle?  4x knights is just painful though - Unless you have a lot of cover for your haywire bikes to dance around I don't see that as a matchup you're destined to win!
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2016, 23:13

Thanks for following this really cool journey!

When I played the knights... the shrouded death jester was really good... but I did loose that game, turn 2 I went for broke and charged two of the 4 knights... and my caresses did not roll any sixes... so I got stomped to death.

BUT! I feel like I played it well and the way that would have given me the best chance at the game.

I am running the Revenge Formation, so 3 seers. Sometimes I run an allied farseer as well... but really I think that the three seers are about perfect for the army, no more, no less. We strugle against 30 warp dice armies and the like... but with such an elite force you want to use all the tricks in the book, its really about the powers that you choose to roll for.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20   20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20 Games - A Journey to Perfection Series - Game 8 / 20
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: