THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Faolchu's Blade?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

Faolchu's Blade? Empty
PostSubject: Faolchu's Blade?   Faolchu's Blade? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2016, 06:31

I know many people recommended either Heroes' Path or Cast of Players as a harlie component for DE army. I've also used both formations and got some fun results, particularly from the path.

But what do you think about the Faolchu's Blade formation?

For who doesn't care the clowns, this formation confers a re-rolling jink for skyweavers (harliebike) and a voidweaver (which is a venom-like skimmer whose firepower is a minor copy of fire prism).

The ability is bit inferior to that of ravenwings, but harlies may work for their points at least? Any ideas?

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Faolchu's Blade? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faolchu's Blade?   Faolchu's Blade? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2016, 09:34

Personally I think Skyweavers are overpriced as you pay for both their shooting and melee ability. Voidweavers annoy me purely because of the way that they force you to split fire. If they'd put the haywire/prismatic cannon as the one that fires separately then I'd be happier with it but I think giving a fast vehicle 3 weapons is a mistake as you can only fire two if you want to make use of their speed. That's why the Venom and Starweaver are much better in my opinion.

SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Faolchu's Blade? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faolchu's Blade?   Faolchu's Blade? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2016, 15:34

Actually I heard about a guy who took this formation and had a good impression about it on a ETC-like tournament.
There was a Deathstar of 5-6 bikes combined with some characters (Autarch or Farseer doesn't matter) and a smaller group of 2-3 bikes. That deathstar worked quite ok and was resilent enough. Voidweaver was never killed in any of 3 games, but it did some small but nasty things. It's decent as your opponent doesn't care about this small vehicle as he should.

Slave
Krossvain

Faolchu's Blade? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faolchu's Blade?   Faolchu's Blade? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2016, 14:45

I've considered this as an option, just musing about possible army lists.

No testing done, so take this with a grain of salt, but my thoughts naturally went to "If I'm jinking, then my shooting sucks, so how do I offset this?" The answer is pretty obvious, use zephyr glaives on the skyweavers.

Jink your way toward a vulnerable unit, absorb fire by jinking, then assault. Use hit and run to get your AP2 + 5S(3 base + Furious Charge + 1 on charge from weapon) again on the charge. Repeat.

If your opponent knows what you're planning here and goes after your skyweavers, use this to draw other units out of position. Go out wide and see if he chases them, allowing you to pull him out of position.

Alternatively, if he doesn't take measures to counter them, then you should be able to get into some very nice charges/assaults.

Obviously, if he's got a flamer heavy list(or any ignores cover heavy list), you will just have to suck it up.

Those are my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Faolchu's Blade? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faolchu's Blade?   Faolchu's Blade? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2016, 14:57

I really wish the formation didn't have the Voidweaver tax as I really dislike them.

As for the zephyrglaive and jink tactic, I think that's pretty much the only way to leverage the formation special rules. For flamers etc you can use your Mirage Launchers to get a 4++ for one turn and then hopefully you'll be in combat.

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

Faolchu's Blade? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faolchu's Blade?   Faolchu's Blade? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23 2016, 06:36

And the death masque brought us a new combination (it's not a formation) called The Blades of Fate, which confers re-rolling failed Jink saves WITHOUT the voidtax.

Although their wargears cannot be changed, it's not bad at all to play with the zephyrglaive and shriken cannon. The fixed size of unit (two) may be a problem, though.

MHaruspex
Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

Faolchu's Blade? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faolchu's Blade?   Faolchu's Blade? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2016, 02:57

It'll be good in Cegorach's Jest. You have your Troupe that can run and charge, your Skyweavers that reroll Jink, and your Voidweaver that can give up a kill point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Faolchu's Blade? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faolchu's Blade?   Faolchu's Blade? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faolchu's Blade?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-