THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
frenchi861
Slave
frenchi861

1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie Empty
PostSubject: 1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie   1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01 2016, 03:56

Hi,

I am trying to make a list, not for tournament, but competitive enough to just get table everytime. I also would try to avoid spaming. So here is the list:

+ Formation +

····Formation: Purge Coterie (596pts)

······Archon (180pts) [Blaster, Close Combat Weapon, Kabalite Armour, Plasma Grenades, Shadow field]
········Venom [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon]

······Kabalite Trueborn (180pts) [Kabalite Armour]
········Kabalite Trueborn [Close Combat Weapon, Splinter Rifle]
········4x Kabalite Trueborn with Special Weapon [Blaster, Close Combat Weapon]
········Venom [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon]

······Raider (90pts) [Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks]

······Reavers (146pts) [2x Cluster caltrops, Wychsuit]
········4x Reaver [4x Bladevanes, 4x Close combat weapon, 4x Splinter pistol]
········2x Reaver jetbike [Heat lance]

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) v26) (1241pts) ++

+ HQ (250pts) +

····Archon (175pts) [Blaster, Close Combat Weapon, Kabalite Armour, Plasma Grenades, Webway portal]
······Venom [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon]

····Court of the Archon (75pts)
······3x Medusae [3x Eyeburst, 3x Kabalite Armour]

+ Troops (305pts) +

····Kabalite Warriors (105pts) [Kabalite Armour]
······5x Kabalite Warrior [5x Close Combat Weapon, 5x Splinter Rifle]

····Kabalite Warriors (105pts) [Kabalite Armour]
······5x Kabalite Warrior [5x Close Combat Weapon, 5x Splinter Rifle]

····Kabalite Warriors (95pts) [Kabalite Armour]
······9x Kabalite Warrior [9x Close Combat Weapon, 9x Splinter Rifle]
······Kabalite Warrior with heavy weapon (up to 1 for 10 models) [Close Combat Weapon, Splinter cannon]

+ Fast Attack (406pts) +

····Razorwing Jetfighter (140pts) [2 Dark Lances, 4x Monoscythe Missile, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle]

······Reavers (146pts) [2x Cluster caltrops, Wychsuit]
········4x Reaver [4x Bladevanes, 4x Close combat weapon, 4x Splinter pistol]
········2x Reaver jetbike [Heat lance]

····Scourges (120pts) [Ghostplate armour, Plasma Grenades]
······Scourge [Close combat weapon, Shardcarbine]
······4x Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon [Close combat weapon, Haywire blaster]

+ Heavy Support (280pts) +

····Ravager (140pts) [Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Nightshield]

····Ravager (140pts) [Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Nightshield]

The strategy behind it is the Archon from the formation start on the table and stay back, he is the warlord and he gives the PE. I didn't specialized the formation to give me more freedom and choose the target that need to be the priority. I will have 2 Venom, 4 Blaster, 1 Dark Lance and the bike to get PE.
I like the 3 Medusea and the Archon with Webway, but I can't use the archon from the formation if I want to use the special ability. in troops, I have 2 Warriors with Venom and 10 Warriors to go inside the raider with splinter racks. I didn't wanted to wast it and thought that it actually do something even if it's not the most optimized.

In my gaming group, we play that the Archon can use his ability from transport (if not it will make this formation useless). And I would like you input on this list. At this moment, I don't have a lot of experience with DE and I am ready to hear any critics. Just one thing, I don't want to do the 6 Venom, 6 Revears, 3 Ravager, 1 Llamea kind of list. I am not planning to go ob any tournament any time soon. I just want something that will give me a chance to win.

I also have access to Harlequin (bought 2 Death Masque box set) and I am not a fan of Eldar Craftworld.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Back to top Go down
http://renowargamingblog.blogspot.com/
Æther
Hellion
Æther

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie   1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05 2016, 20:22

What do you think of a list like this?

-----Two Identical PURGE COTERIES (531pts)x2 = (1062pts)

~Archon (140pts) Blaster, Venom (DT) with Splinter Cannons.

~Kabalite Trueborn (180pts) 4xBlaster, Venom (DT) with Splinter Cannons.

~Raider (75pts) Dark Lance and Nightshields.

~Reavers (136pts) Arena Champion Reaver, 5x Reavers, 2x Caltrops

-----DARK ELDAR CAD (785pts)  

No Force Org Slot
~4x Medusae (100pts)

HQ
~Archon (95pts) with webway portal

Troops
~5xKabalite Warriors (40pts)
~5xKabalite Warriors (40pts)

Fast Attack
~Venom (65pts) with Splinter Cannons
~Razorwing (165pts) with Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon, Nightshields.

Heavy Support
~Ravager (140pts) with 3xDark Lances and Nightshields.
~Ravager (140pts) with 3xDark Lances and Nightshields.

For a total of 1847pts

Twice as much PE firepower. This list is actually based off one my own lists, but I changed it to include a medusae alpha strike, like your list.

Which I'm actually not a fan of, since I would prefer the Warlord to be a part of the CAD, and not part of a suicide strike. The Archons in the Purge Cotierie should each be moving up in the Raiders full of Trueborn, supported by the two Venoms and Reavers apart of its formation, ensuring LoS and PE for who you want. The Units apart of the same formation should be staying together, the Venoms/Reavers screening the Raider. If the Raider goes down, you have two empty Venoms nearby for the Archon and Trueborn to jump into (hopefully). I don't think you should hang around in back with either of the Archons, cause if your Trueborn get into range to fire, you wanna make sure to get PE for them everytime. So the Purge Archons don't make great Warlords either, as they will likely be in the line of fire often.

This is why I would drop the Medusae, and go with 4xSslyth, put em with a Hexrifle/Crucible/AoM Haemonculus in the CAD fast attack Venom. This would be my warlord, and they would hang out with the Ravagers in my backfield, of which I would have three cause I would drop the Razorwing for another lance Ravager.

Last edited by Æther on Tue Sep 06 2016, 18:20; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie   1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06 2016, 16:10

I find that the Razorwing is great when it is AI focused, and not so great when geared for AT. WMMV.

Ravagers dont like NS. Thats a good couple of points that can be allocated elsewhere (since you should be making use of our "Heavy" armour 11 rather than jinking).

You really like the Purge Coterie, eh?
Back to top Go down
Æther
Hellion
Æther

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie   1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06 2016, 17:05

I think the Razorwing works alright loaded out either way AT/AI, it depends on what else I'm bringing, with a buncha Ravagers/Trueborn maybe AI is the way to go. I just think in most situations the Ravager is always the better bet. Starts on the board, 1 more point of AV, an extra hull point, brings more dark lances that are better at hitting ground targets. I usually only consider a flyer if I'm looking for some reserve manipulation/protection.

Nightshields aren't there to improve my jinking, they are there to provide me with some measure of protection so I feel better about NOT jinking. 25% covered by some ruins? That becomes a 3+ cover save, without jinking. All terrain is providing you +1 more cover then it would otherwise, your Ravagers should be trying to attain some sort of cover as they line up their shots. The Raiders with NS full of Trueborn will be getting a 4+ cover save just being screened by the Reavers/Venoms, you defenetly don't want them to be jinking often. For 15pts I find it well worth it on most my vehicles, it is helps save the points I've already invested in stay alive for longer.

And yeah I do like the Purge, especially when played as a tight team in support of each other. PE is especially great for the Trueborn, and the formation provides all the units needed to properly utilize and protect them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie   1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850pts CAD + Purge Coterie
Page 1 of 1