THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 point army thoughts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Speed Racer 42
Hellion
Speed Racer 42

1000 point army thoughts Empty
PostSubject: 1000 point army thoughts   1000 point army thoughts I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02 2016, 16:33

Hello all.  Just getting back into Dark Eldar sense 3rd.  Lots of changes.  Wanted to see opinions on a 1000 point army I was thinking about.  Thank you for any help.

Realspace Raiders

Court with 5 Sslyth in a Venom with cannon
190 Points

5 Kabalite Warriors with blaster in Venom with cannon
120 Points

10 Kabalite Warriors with Splinter Cannon in Raider with Nightshield and Splinter Racks
180 Points

5 Scourge with 4 Haywires Blasters
120 Points

Dark Artisan Formation
-Cronos with Spirit Probe
-Talos with Ichor Injector
-Haemonculus (is warlord) with Scissorhand, Panacea Perverted and Webway Portal
390 Points

Total 1000 Points.  Was looking to deep strike the Dark Artisan and Scourges.  Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point army thoughts   1000 point army thoughts I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02 2016, 22:29

Hi there,

I'm no pro, so be warned....

I think nearly everything is too expensive & your plan is flawed Sad

Deploying only a Raider & 2 Venoms could see you crippled by the time something actually arrives by DS. Even if you get the DA turn 2, it can't assault until turn 3.

I would play the DA as a meat shield, charge it straight forward, make them focus it drawing away attention from your fragile skimmers.

Also, paying 40% of your budget on 1 unit, I would definately then go MSU for the rest.

Sslyth, Cannon Venom (90)
5 x Warriors, Canon Venom (105)
10 x Warriors, Disi Raider (135)
5 x Scourges, HWB (120)
DA (345)
Chronos, SP
Talos, II
Haemie, SH

Keeping as true to your list as possible, I would strip to the above & have 215 pts left.

My personal 1k CAD/DA list looks like:

Lhamaen, Cannon Venom
3 x Mandrakes
2 x 5 Warriors, Cannon Venoms
3 x Reavers, CC
5 x Scourges, HWB
Triple Lance Ravager
DA
Chronos, SP
Talos, II, T/L HWB
Haemie, Agoniser, SS (WL)

Remember, apply salt, my play style may not suit you & I may be a wrong?
Back to top Go down
Speed Racer 42
Hellion
Speed Racer 42

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point army thoughts   1000 point army thoughts I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03 2016, 15:59

Thank you for the thoughts Rewind. I do think your right on to much being deep striked and I forgot that the DA has to wait to assault a turn out of DS. Still getting back into game. On your list first do you have luck with the mandrakes. Have never liked them and next on your HQ why the Lhamean and are you doing 5 of them or just one. Was wondering because liked the sslyth for shooting with venom but have never tried them. Thank you for the thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point army thoughts   1000 point army thoughts I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03 2016, 21:23

Hey,

I run the Lhamean because she is 10pts, from 1250 I tend to have a Succubus, but she will be joining the 2nd half of my Grotesquerie. A single Lhamean adds nothing to a list, it's more a tax on the Venom, but she frees up points for other, better things.

The Mandrakes I love as they can cause your opponent headaches, escpecially when fielded with cheap Reaver units, as like the Reavers they can't be ignored, but they distract from your more expensive things.Mandrakes score points by sitting on objectives, with a 3+ in the open & PFP FNP from turn 2, I find them excellent value for 36pts.

I find them a Win/Win/WIN, if they shoot them, I'm happy because fewer skimmers are Jinking that turn, OR, they ignored them & the objective is mine for the game OR they shoot them & I make all the saves, which happens alot, so they commit more & more points to killing 36pts, then the OP comments start, which is always fun for a DE player.

If memory serves there is a thread on Courts that's been active quite recently, which recommened 2 Sslyth & 3 Lhameans as an effective HQ @ 80pts + Venom (4/6 with Raider)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point army thoughts   1000 point army thoughts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 point army thoughts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: