THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Last Dance of the Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

The Last Dance of the Eldar Empty
PostSubject: The Last Dance of the Eldar   The Last Dance of the Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2016, 13:10

I had my first outing with Harlequins and Corsairs against a Grey Knight force today. I conceded at the the bottom of T3, so a loss to start off with, but some very cool things happened and had a blast anyway.

Mirror Of Minds- Great power! Getting an Armour of Misery Void Prince in range of a Dreadknight made quick work of it! I love the WC 2 powers on Phantasmancy!

Splinter Cannon jetbikes are awesome! Reckless abandon is awesome! A lot of dice were thrown down but unfortunately my opponent was brilliant at rolling 2+ saves.

Harlequins are awesome once they make assault. A bit too amazing! I may need to reduce the number of Harlequin Kiss models per squad.

Failing to kill the dreadknight with torrent incinerator in T1 was not awesome. The shunt move and torrent death that followed in T2 made a mockery of my protective powers like Veil of Tears and I failed to read how fast the GK strike squads could also come at me. Great learning experience, though.

I had:
Harlequin Masque detachment:
3 x 5-player squads with Shadowseers attached. Troupe Masters had embrace and haywire.
Blades of fate
Starweaver
Void weaver
Inraim's Spectre

Allied Eldar
Farseer
5x Scat bikes
Squad of Double Scat War walkers

CAD Corsairs

J/B Void Prince
2x 4-man Splinter Cannon

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dance of the Eldar   The Last Dance of the Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2016, 14:06

Did the War Walkers perform well, or are they on your cut list?
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dance of the Eldar   The Last Dance of the Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2016, 20:29

Jimsolo wrote:
Did the War Walkers perform well, or are they on your cut list?

On paper they look fragile but the ability to squadron them, battle focus with fleet, 16 scatter laser shots down field, as well as scout, make them quite useful. They outlasted most of my players but were HPed out at the top of T3.

What would you recommend in the 120 points I could allocate elsewhere?

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dance of the Eldar   The Last Dance of the Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2016, 13:29

I would love to hear what didnt preform well in that list. Looks quite competitive, other than the Harlies (but their damn FOC is so weird that you need to do this).
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dance of the Eldar   The Last Dance of the Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2016, 10:12

fisheyes wrote:
I would love to hear what didnt preform well in that list. Looks quite competitive, other than the Harlies (but their damn FOC is so weird that you need to do this).

Thanks man!

My deployment error and movement mistakes more than anything, mate. I had to go 2nd so deployed in a reverse C shape in the South West quadrant to counter the 2 Dreadknights camping in the North East. All the squishy Harlies were parked inside the C shape and I had my more resilient vehicles and Jet-bikes forming the protective ring.

I should have put one of my units of Corsair bikes in the middle or upper curve of the 'c' rather than on my board edge. It took one casualty in the T1 GK shooting phase, 1 of only 2 casualties that phase, but subsequently rolled an 11 and it was Sayoonara to 24 very valuable splinter cannon shots.

In my turn 1, perhaps i should have done a mass turbo-boost to spread targets all over the board. Instead, I moved the Harlies into a ruin and positioned all my force to rain fire on the torrent Dreadknight. He lost 2 wounds. Crying or Very sad

In his turn 2, he had a lovely vacant SE pocket to shunt 30" into, right in the backside of my force, and incinerated basically 2 whole troupes in a pincer grip manoeuvre with the strike squad. 5+ invulnerable saves were hard to come by!

In my T2 I managed to mirror mind this dreadknight with the combo of Armour of Misery and Mask of Secrets coming into play. It was very cool to get my leadership shenanigans off.

After a horrid effort at saving throws, by the end of his T3 I only had 1 unit of jet-bikes left, the jetseer and the wonderful voidweaver which had missed its 2 lance shots so far. I was down 10-1 in maelstrom points, too so it was pretty much a foregone conclusion!

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dance of the Eldar   The Last Dance of the Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Dance of the Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: