THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How many Psykers is too many?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Izendazar
Slave
Izendazar

How many Psykers is too many? Empty
PostSubject: How many Psykers is too many?   How many Psykers is too many? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2016, 15:02

A little background first, I've only recently got back into the hobby and started playing again with a few friends, between us we will have a Necron decurion, a tau hunter thing, space marine gladius, Orks, Blood Angels and Lastly Eldar (Me).

Now into the question, how may Psykers is considered too many?

the list I'm currently looking at contains, 10 Warlocks and 3 Farseers at 1850 is that too many? with the revised rules coming out of the faq about warp powers.

the list is supposed to be a Saim Hann/Ulthwe hybrid so they are all on jet bikes.

All comments are welcome, the more I can learn the better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: How many Psykers is too many?   How many Psykers is too many? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2016, 16:51

Too many? I dont think that phrase relates to psykers these days. The more you have, the more you are able to shut down the enemies psychic phase (using your deny the witch rolls).

If you are eldar, and putting points into psychers rather than scatterbikes, I would be happy regardless as to the numbers Razz

TBH, that is fine. 3 Farseers may be a little much, but you do you.

Just make sure you have enough other units to benefit from your psychic buffs, and to grab objectives.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How many Psykers is too many?   How many Psykers is too many? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2016, 16:55

I run seven warlocks, two Farseers, a Dreamer, and a prince (17 WC base) and it's still not always enough.
Back to top Go down
Izendazar
Slave
Izendazar

PostSubject: Re: How many Psykers is too many?   How many Psykers is too many? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2016, 19:01

Thanks for the insight, I may not have enough units to benefit from all the buffs.

I plan on running a Warhost something along the lines of,

Windrider host
3x5 jet bikes with Warlock
3xvipers

Seer council

Engines of Vaul
3x fire prisms

it would give me 19 WC base but only around 7 units to buff.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How many Psykers is too many?   How many Psykers is too many? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2016, 20:14

I don't think you'll have any problems finding powers to cast.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: How many Psykers is too many?   How many Psykers is too many? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2016, 03:26

I often run 4 farseers, eldrad, and 7 warlocks. People tend to loathe my psychic phase.
Back to top Go down
Izendazar
Slave
Izendazar

PostSubject: Re: How many Psykers is too many?   How many Psykers is too many? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2016, 22:47

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
I often run 4 farseers, eldrad, and 7 warlocks. People tend to loathe my psychic phase.

That's a lot of warp charges, how do you go about making the most of it? if you don't mind me asking.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: How many Psykers is too many?   How many Psykers is too many? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2016, 00:21

I don't really publish the details online, since I use this at large, national level tournaments competitively, but I'll be happy to PM you the details.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many Psykers is too many?   How many Psykers is too many? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many Psykers is too many?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: