THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsairs

Go down 
+3
Imateria
BetrayTheWorld
The goat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The goat
Hellion
The goat

Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Corsairs   Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2016, 21:42

I don't know if this is in the right place but I'd like to ask: where do you get your pieces of conversion? I looked on eBay, but all the cheap offers are models already built. Where can I get cheap unbuilt ones?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2016, 22:07

The goat wrote:
I don't know if this is in the right place but I'd like to ask: where do you get your pieces of conversion? I looked on eBay, but all the cheap offers are models already built. Where can I get cheap unbuilt ones?

You can't, really, if you're looking for entire boxes of models. You best bet is either a local store, or a place like frontline gaming that sells stuff from 10-25% off of retail.

If you're looking for BITs for conversions, like swooping hawk wings, wyches venom pistols, or eldar guardian heads and the like, you just have to do an ebay search for the specific bits you're looking for, like:

tyranids scything talons

or

eldar guardian heads

You can also try something like:

eldar guardian bits

I hope that helps. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2016, 13:12

At this point scrathcbuilding your own back pakcs is really the only option, at least until Forgeworld pull their fingers out and can be bothered to sort out the mold for them again.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2016, 14:47

There are bits retailers, if there are particular pieces you have in mind for conversions. Obviously that is an expensive way to buy a whole kit, but if you are after specific parts that can be an option.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2016, 15:15

If you are looking for bits online, it's going to help to know what specific bits you want, and search for those on bits retailers or eBay.

There are a lot of ways to do conversions without official GW bits, however. If you could specify which conversions you were trying to make, it might be easier to make some suggestions.

Another way to find specific bits is to search forums for people who have large armies where the bit you want comes from and asking if they'd like to trade.
Back to top Go down
tegs
Kabalite Warrior
tegs

Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2016, 16:50

The library in the city nearby does 3D printing for ten cents a gram. I might play around with a CAD system and make jet packs that way. It should be a lot cheaper than the FW ones, and I can DE them up a bit.

Klaivex
fisheyes

Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22 2016, 17:10

Unfortunately the Forge World site is sold out, unless you want to buy a set of 4 (not very useful) heavy weapons for 15 quid.

I think I will just kitbash in some random fins I got with my Wraithguard, maybe adding in a few DE spikes to make them edgy Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsairs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-