THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 points 40k open day warhammer world

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

2000 points 40k open day warhammer world Empty
PostSubject: 2000 points 40k open day warhammer world   2000 points 40k open day warhammer world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2016, 16:46

Greetings all! I may be attending the warhammer open day and have put together this list for your critique! Here goes:

Archon Luvexi Dex'tra
Blaster, clone field, webway portal

Klaivex Xun Lu's incubi squad (10)
Klaivex

Raider
dark lance, night shields

Starkling Krek'dra's trueborn (5)
4 blasters

wych cult (10) x2
Hekatrix, Agoniser

Raider x2
dark lance, night shields

Razorwing jetfighter x3
2 dark lances, night shields

scourge pack (5) x2
4 haywire blasters

Beast pack
Beastmaster, agoniser
3 Khymera

Ravager x2
3 dark lances, night shields

At the moment I only have a single venom but hopefully I can get more and perhaps modify the list so that instead of wyches I have 4 venoms. As it stands, I have deep striking scourges and trueborn/archon webway to seriously hurt vehicles as well as ravagers in order to pop as many transports as possible. Razorwings, wyches and incubi murder the exposed infantry. As we all know, no plan survives contact with the enemy or whatver mission will be played. The beast unit is literally just as filler unit for 65 points. I think i really need venoms so may end up buying some in october.

Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points 40k open day warhammer world   2000 points 40k open day warhammer world I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2016, 14:00

Update! archon and incubi are painted so I have ordered more venoms =D I can confirm now I'll be going to the saturday nov 5th uk warhammer world. So if you see some poorly painted red and gold DE, that would be me xD. I will take many pics while I am there of any games I play plus the awesomely painted armies there. I look forward to using 72 range 36 splinter shots and 12 monoscythe missiles...

HQ 

Archon Luvexi Dex'tra 
Blaster, clone field, webway portal

Elite 

2x 5 incubi with klaivex in venoms with splinter cannons

trueborn (5)
4 blasters

Troops 

4x 5 kabalites mounted in venoms with splinter cannons

Fast attack 

3x razorwings with dark lances and night shields

2x scourges with 4 haywire blaster

Heavy support 

2x ravagers with dark lances and night shields

Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points 40k open day warhammer world   2000 points 40k open day warhammer world I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2016, 17:41

I quite like the look of a lot of your list, but I would try and fit the Archon in with the Incubi or Trueborn and jigging things around to get a Raider for them if at all possible. You'll be very lucky if he actually manages to achieve anything when he arrives (sure, strength 8 AP2 sounds great, but it's really not as scary as you'd think) and then he's got nothing but a 4++ standing between him and a squishy end. And he is very, very easy to squish.

In terms of tactics, I'm not sure about deep striking the Scourges. An effective 36" threat range with the haywire blasters should work well just starting them on the board. They always do for me anyway Wink Deep striking the Trueborn could work better as they aren't able to move and shoot with the same kind of range, but just be wary of keeping too much in reserve. There are a lot of Space Marine players out there, and they have drop pods. Horrible, horrible drop pods. Just three drop pods of combat squadded marines could really make a mess of what you plan to start on the table, so make sure you castle and bubble wrap accordingly. You don't want to be one failed reserve roll away from a turn three defeat Embarassed

Kabalite Warrior
Korona

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points 40k open day warhammer world   2000 points 40k open day warhammer world I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2016, 01:24

Oooh yeah a raider for the archon would be a good addition, it looks like she's with the trueborn but deepstriking all exposed like that sounds bad for the health!

Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points 40k open day warhammer world   2000 points 40k open day warhammer world I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2016, 17:47

Some very good points, I would be handing slay the warlord to my opponent on a silver platter! So I will take my other archon instead who will be in a raider with incubi. trueborn can go in a venom.
That means 5 venoms, a raider, 2 ravagers and 2 scourges start on the board. I will keep scourges in cover to try and pop out and kill transports. And yes, drop pods can be nasty as I haven't put any talos in this list! Let's hope I now have enough stuff on the board + mobility so that they would simply eat my speedy dust ^^

HQ

Archon Valcron Dex'tra
djinn blade, shadow field, soul trap

Elite

9 incubi with klaivex in raider with dark lance and night shields (archon joins these)

trueborn (5)
4 blasters and dracon mounted in venom with splinter cannons

Troops

4x 5 kabalites mounted in venoms with splinter cannons

Fast attack

3x razorwings with dark lances and night shields

2x scourges with 4 haywire blaster

Heavy support

2x ravagers with dark lances and night shields

Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points 40k open day warhammer world   2000 points 40k open day warhammer world I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2016, 14:39

This looks pretty good. You have a lot of points in the Incubi squad, and they have a pretty massive bullseye painted on them, especially if the Archon is riding with them too, but they will mince whatever they charge. As long as their target doesn't have storm shields or is in cover.

Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points 40k open day warhammer world   2000 points 40k open day warhammer world I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2016, 10:49

Greetings again all!  News update, we were sadly unable to book a table so will have to wait till another time to put the list to the test.  ty all for helping me refine this list and as a thank you, here is the army in all its glory!

[img]2000 points 40k open day warhammer world WP_20161101_001[/img]

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points 40k open day warhammer world   2000 points 40k open day warhammer world I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 points 40k open day warhammer world
Page 1 of 1