THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kman0300
Slave
kman0300

Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points Empty
PostSubject: Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points   Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2016, 23:03

Hey guys! Here's my list; any thoughts or tips you might have would be greatly appreciated. I'll be playing at a local games workshop in friendly-to-semi-competitive games, and maybe some casual tournaments.

HQ:

-Archon; shadowfield+agoniser. (Will join incubi squad in raider)

Elites:

-5 Incubi.
Raider: dark lance, night-shields

Troops:

-10 wyches; Hekatrix with agoniser.
Raider:dark lance, night-shields

-9 warriors; splinter cannon and blaster.
Raider: dark lance, night-shields, splinter-racks.

Fast Attack:

-Razorwing Jetfighter (Dark lances and nightshields)

-3 Reavers (Cluster Caltrops and Heat Lance)

-3 Reavers (Cluster Caltrops and Heat Lance)

Heavy Support:

-Ravager (Night Shields and dark lances)

Back to top Go down
Zahaladune
Hellion
Zahaladune

PostSubject: Re: Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points   Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2016, 00:29

Seems fairly decent if not a little boring, but if you're new nothing about this game is boring.

Whether you are new or not, are you aware of the new FAQ which forces units inside transports to Snap Fire the turn their transport Jinks?  For some people this makes Raider spam less effective, to the point of it being obsolete.  Others, of the less doom and gloom variety, take it on the shoulder and just play a little differently.  

There is a thread on the tactics subforum detailing how to utilize raider spam in today's meta and still be fairly competitive.  Part of the new strategy would be to boost in quick to drop troops on locations before the boats get popped, since gunboating is hampered by the changes to Jink.

Otherwise, this seems like a reasonable take-all-comers list with some good AT and AI, just be careful with the Incubi, they are not Terminators.

Commorragh - The Game
Core Rule Project Log
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points   Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2016, 12:38

I have found that the Razorwing is a good AI platform, but a bad AT platform. Because of this I usually run dissies and the SC, but if you feel the AT is needed then you do you.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points   Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2016, 06:10

Your list as written is not legal and probably over points when fixed.

Warrior squads can't take weapons from the Heavy Weapons list at less than 10 models.
Back to top Go down
Rhameil
Hellion
Rhameil

PostSubject: Re: Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points   Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2016, 10:42

Take the blasters off the warrior squads. Splinter rack gunboats should be full of Splinter Rifles. I'd be tempted to drop the Cannons as well for points efficiency.

Wyches are awful. I really tried with a squad like that when I first restarted my DE and they're just a big useless waste of points.

With the points you save I'd look at adding another Ravager or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points   Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Traditional Raider Spam 1500 points
Page 1 of 1