THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Death Masque plus Dark Eldar

Go down 
+3
Draco
fisheyes
Kroupus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kroupus
Hellion
Kroupus

Death Masque plus Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2016, 12:24

What would be a decent 1000pts list to start off?

I have the Harlequin side of the Death Masque box plus the DE Start Collecting box, 10 more warriors and 3 Venoms.

Trying to get the balance right
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2016, 12:32

The Death Masque actually has formations that require a specific build, but give you benefits. Read up on those formations and their benefits, and let us know how many points you have left over after.
Back to top Go down
Kroupus
Hellion
Kroupus

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2016, 12:40

If using all the Coherian Host it costs 770pts.

Eldrad 195
Company of the threefold stranger 155
Death's Companions 135
Blades of Fate 125
Inriam's Spectre 70
Serpents Breath 90
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2016, 12:48

If you go with an allied detachment, you can add in:

1 Lhamean (not an IC, so she will have to sit out of LOS on an objective)

2x 5 warriors in venom

All with dual SC, that comes to 220 pts (leaving you 10 pts short). This gives you some nice fast ObSec units to help tie things in place for the Harlies to charge.
Back to top Go down
Kroupus
Hellion
Kroupus

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2016, 12:51

Cheers.
I'll give it a try.

Background: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14388-kabal-of-the-eburnean-hand

Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14389-kabal-of-the-eburnean-hand
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2016, 13:36

Side question, does anyone know if the transport for Harlequins is the same body as the venom?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2016, 13:50

Draco wrote:
Side question, does anyone know if the transport for Harlequins is the same body as the venom?

It's not, AFAIK. They're very similar in appearance but definitely different models.

Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2016, 13:52

Count Adhemar wrote:
Draco wrote:

It's not, AFAIK. They're very similar in appearance but definitely different models.

Ugh. I guess no sharing models haha.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2016, 14:30

I doubt too many people would object if you were to use one in place of the other. The Star/Voidweaver is slightly larger than the Venom but they are so similar that there wouldn't be many issues over LOS etc.

Death Masque plus Dark Eldar 10428575_801049689949034_4060612949113005493_n

Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2016, 14:33

Count Adhemar wrote:
I doubt too many people would object if you were to use one in place of the other. The Star/Voidweaver is slightly larger than the Venom but they are so similar that there wouldn't be many issues over LOS etc.

Yeah, I can probably get away with it in friendly games. I think the Harlequin model looks much better anyway.
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2016, 05:39

Hmmmm- How abut a Cast of Players build? You could convert one from the gunner for the voidweaver, combined with the Kabalites  grenade launcher and a spare Reaver mask...or you could just say that Eldrad counts as a Shadowseer...

Then you would have room for those venoms, too!

Inriam's Spectre (Death Jester with Shrouded)
Shadowseer (Level 2 with Mask of Secrets)
5x players,  4x Kiss, Troup Leader with Caress + Haywire + Starmist Raiment
Starweaver
4x SR Kabaites 1x blaster in Venom with extra SC
5x SR Kabaites 1x blaster in Raider with DL, Enhanced Aethersails and a Nightshield
3x Reaver Jetbikes (1x Cluster Caltrops, 1x Heat Lance/blaster, 1x Arena Champion with Agoniser)
Lhamaen (who cares)

Pros
+ This has a lot of poison.
+ It has some AT in lances and glorious S6 with psuedo rending.
+ It has a psychic phase.
+ It has a lot of fast ObSec, with Crusader if you run nearby the Harlequins!
+ You could have access to the radical Harlequins warlord traits table!

Cons
- You can't separate the Death Jester and Shadowseer from the Players until the troupes are dead.
- If you are using the FAQs, you might want to run your warriors on foot. The Jink revisal decimates the potential of DE.
-It's still just one psyker. If you duff Veil Of Tears and you are caught in the open, Harlequins have a cry mask for this occasion.
-There is quite a point sink in the assault elements. Also you want someone to kill a Kabalite, which isn't too hard, because you don't have all 21 models to put on the board at once.
- No flyers, GMCs and Superheavies please!

*Alternatively, you could run the Archon formation with Preferred Enemy alongside the Cast of Players.

Hellion
Kroupus

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2016, 09:11

DEfan wrote:
Hmmmm- How abut a Cast of Players build? You could convert one from the gunner for the voidweaver, combined with the Kabalites  grenade launcher and a spare Reaver mask...or you could just say that Eldrad counts as a Shadowseer...

Then you would have room for those venoms, too!

Inriam's Spectre (Death Jester with Shrouded)
Shadowseer (Level 2 with Mask of Secrets)
5x players,  4x Kiss, Troup Leader with Caress + Haywire + Starmist Raiment
Starweaver
5x SR Kabaites 1x blaster in Raider with DL, Enhanced Aethersails and a Nightshield
3x Reaver Jetbikes (1x Cluster Caltrops, 1x Heat Lance/blaster, 1x Arena Champion with Agoniser)
Lhamaen (who cares)

Pros
+ This has a lot of poison.
+ It has some AT in lances and glorious S6 with psuedo rending.
+ It has a psychic phase.
+ It has a lot of fast ObSec, with Crusader if you run nearby the Harlequins!
+ You could have access to the radical Harlequins warlord traits table!

Cons
- You can't separate the Death Jester and Shadowseer from the Players until the troupes are dead.
- If you are using the FAQs, you might want to run your warriors on foot. The Jink revisal decimates the potential of DE.
-It's still just one psyker. If you duff Veil Of Tears and you are caught in the open, Harlequins have a cry mask for this occasion.
-There is quite a point sink in the assault elements. Also you want someone to kill a Kabalite, which isn't too hard, because you don't have all 21 models to put on the board at once.
- No flyers, GMCs and Superheavies please!

*Alternatively, you could run the Archon formation with Preferred Enemy alongside the Cast of Players.

That sounds interesting actually.

We have a large battle soon. 1000pts per player and 3-4 each side. So may run this, hoping my allies have flyers etc

Background: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14388-kabal-of-the-eburnean-hand

Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14389-kabal-of-the-eburnean-hand
Back to top Go down
Speed Racer 42
Hellion
Speed Racer 42

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2016, 06:02

What about using the Company of the threefold stranger in the cast of players unit along with Inriam's spectre. The Company could have a better load out but it is 5 points cheaper then taking all those items in a normal troupe. Would give you shrouded from specter. Be able to run and shoot using 2 dice on run from crusader and with mask on seer, fun to be had with scream and jester.

Run Harlie Run!
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2016, 07:10

In fact, harlequins do not receive the crusader buff from the Cast of Players as the rule indicates 'Eldar and Dark Eldar' Sad

Speed Racer 42
Hellion
Speed Racer 42

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2016, 16:58

The Cast of players themselves have crusader and this is the only harlequin group I am looking at running in army right now but good reminder Lelith. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2016, 04:50

Oh I got it. I misread that you'd like to confer the crusader to other harlies. Thanks for the correction Wink

I'm personally very disappointed for this issue though. Revenge + Cast of Players combo would be hilarious if they got the crusader bubble.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Masque plus Dark Eldar   Death Masque plus Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Masque plus Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: