THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon

Go down 
+28
masamune
Ynneadwraith
inchmurrin
dulydude
BetrayTheWorld
Anarchistscourge
lelith
Calyptra
Srota
Count Adhemar
Falke
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Squidmaster
Cavalier
Bardicnonsense
spellcheck2001
Myca
wormfromhell
amorrowlyday
aurynn
Cherrycoke
Rhivan
The goat
Korona
CptMetal
Scrz
fisheyes
Marrath
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 26 2017, 01:11

I originally planned to get my Storm Guardians painted, but the exodite bug's bitten me again...

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Lj9nbtjjdzikkbgdm3gf

Nuadhuin, Wrothspear, Son of Kurnous. Hound of the Hunt.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Aazxiim6bas5vctxwc29

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Esp7xkupdzag1nohw0qc

All Eldar, by dint of their heightened experience of the world, are vulnerable to the harrowing effects of warfare. The warriors of each eldar fragment must deal with this each time they descend into battle. Through meditative training and psychological dissociation, the Craftworld Eldar construct a 'War Mask' that can be donned and shed at will. The Dark Eldar revel in the slaughter, and need no protection. The Exodites, through wild rituals and psychotropic drugs descend into an animalistic state, embodying the feral predators that stalk their worlds. Their battles aren't fought like the careful orchestras of tacticians, or the grinding stalemates of attrition. Theirs is a feral fury, and a cunning borne of intelligent minds put to predatory purposes.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Byli0stychaiozo4r5im

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Eakpfvbhhbwyqerqknbm

Once to awaken the wolves of Kurnous
Twice to sharpen the blade
Thrice to hearken the hunt to us
Where bloody murder be made

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 K7rbdzfl76vnnuiesdeg

I've also come up with a bit of an idea for a 500pt (490pt) army for these (with models doing double-duty as INQ28 warbands and a 40k army). These Hounds of the Hunt will be counts-as Striking Scorpions. Raodruin will be a counts-as Visarch. Then I've got two squads of Hunters/Kabalites with Blasters, a squad of Howling Banshees and two Clawed Fiends (wait 'til you see what I've done for them!).

Might take a while if each model is as heavily converted as these guys, but 500pts isn't a terribly lofty goal so hopefully not too long Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02 2017, 01:55

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Cnwhblk00sgspy2ky8wn

They're Angvai I think, by the look of their banners. Belligerant warmongerers. In collusion with the cloners of the Dark Kin to bolster their forces, which has had a rather marked effect on their outlook. They maintain little of the reverance for Eldar life that other craftworlders hold. Why would you when you can just grow more? Be careful of them, cousin. Dangerous folk to associate with...or be within range of, come to think of it.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Omigmhx9haf1b32nzul1

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Mhxnxz2hvhb7eq1tph5n

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Xgwqc2ypy13vlqvny7xv

Deserters? If caught in the act they're shot on sight. Either that or sacrificed to wake the Avatar. Alas, there are enough of us who are…uneasy…with our treatment of our vat-born clones to mean that if we catch them after they've deserted it's a little less straight forwards. Usually, they're sent on suicide missions. Sometimes, if they come to us with something of value, they're pardoned, provided they continue to be useful. Either way, they have to prove that they are worth the life we have given them.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Xzk54qsbflcctmd24jwn

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Bzl2zmzh8zdob5k6rgp0

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Pmlwhnelfrzdtvbhbn4z

Yes, it's despicable, but what precisely would you have us do? Our world teetered on the brink. Unlike Iyanden, we weren't blessed with ranks upon ranks of wraith-shells with which to guard our survivors. Our pact with the Dark Kin has provided us with numbers, but numbers which are ill-suited to craftworld life. They must be forged anew in the crucible of war, taught stricture and discipline. Once they have proven themselves, they are granted citizenship, and all the safety the craftworld provides. The blood of a hundred thousand Eldar stains our hands, but a hundred thousand more survive because of us.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Plvdfranzjjvnxg1qhng

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Yq6vphzcifrgzmbx9pmg

I suppose on some level they know that they are murderers. Why else would they adorn themselves with the bloody hand of Khaine?

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Tyhlbpnf6pald0naojem

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Ek24rhjvp8pafbrxirbb

Now I remember why I moved to painting models on a more individual basis! I'm just not cut out for batch-painting :S although saying that I'm dead proud of these guys Smile that little bit of extra weathering really hits a sweet spot of what I was after with making Craftworlders look a little grittier than your usual clean-cut paint schemes (not that there's anything wrong with those mind, just not my style).

In a fit of masochism I've also decided to start naming my dudes on the back of their bases, purely because I really like the idea Smile adds a great deal of immediately visible personality to a warband which for now I feel is worth the hand cramp!

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Yab688woiksjliruxgsk

It's also given me the opportunity to link in the fluff of my Outcasts with the Craftworld they were cast out from Smile remember this bit of fluff?

Why did I desert? I'll tell you why. They didn't even give me a name. 'Warborn', is what they called me. One of thousands upon thousands, dragged from the vats of Commorragh, dressed in the uniform of Craftworld life and thrown into the meat-grinder of their pointless wars. I gave myself my name the day I deserted. Do you know what Ilgaith means? No longer faceless... - Ilgaith who Wanders

Well, I've followed that through Wink

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Xooehpqyhvfkblosygao

Next on the painting table is some more exodites which I can't wait to share. Got some rather creepy ideas for what just how grimdark the exodite world of Selesti has become...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 11:43

Selesti had once been akin to any other maiden world, a lush and verdant paradise.

No longer.

The gifts of the Plaguefather had reaped their toll, and even after he had been expunged the exodites struggled to recover their shattered ecologies. Their last-ditch ploy to stem the foetid tide had collapsed their webway gates, dashing the hopes of outside aid. Desperate measures were taken to ensure their survival.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Kmcigog8bfjy1vzzaxak

See those insects buzzing yonder? They are not flesh and blood, but little wraithbone constructs, flitting about like clockwork mayflies. Our ancestors sung them into being. Created to balance our stricken biome, to replace those vital functions that were lost, and to forge anew a world adapted to our desertified conditions.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Itxmrlhgzsurtcamxjsw

In ancient days we were capable of giving life and intelligence almost an equal to our own. Those days have long since passed. These little clockwork constructs we can produce are little more than children's toys. They are not enough to maintain our world, or our people.

We rediscovered the great life-engines of our ancestors, lying dormant beneath the barren sands. We discovered that channelling our world-spirit through them would imbue them with life oncemore. We crafted new bodies for our departed souls, amalgams of flesh and wraithbone in reverance of our lost fauna. Upon death, we are reborn as the beasts of the wild, our minds shaped to suit.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Zux1dbwjgprtpxfksgb9

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Oauojxwg7iy3f2uq23v0

So it is that we hunt our ancestors through our world. A despicable desecration of our dead, they say. They do not see the honour it brings the Horned God. For is not everything, even eldar, prey to something?

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Oo3h3jxyhzu2ju4undiz

But the life-engines are fickle. We discovered their purpose was not to create a haven as we had once believed. Late we learnt that their purpose was to create a jewel to be viewed from afar, splendid in its ferocious beauty. It is not just prey that stalks our skeletal land. Predators lurk deep within its reaches. Rare is the eldar that can reach their minds now, so changed are they by the process.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 B6d4vjmwvafdd0gmt5wv

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Zirwekm7j7hgfpjrdvji

Thought I'd have a go at a slightly different way of worldbuilding/showing new dudes I've made Smile won't do it for everything, but offering little teasers of new models alongside fluff is definitely a fun way of telling a story Smile here's the new models in a clearer set of pics

Thraoren, Huntfather, Son of Kurnous. Hound of the Hunt
Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Stys0c3kap85v0rrqobq

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Bhemosxvt32xhtqqa3mi

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Nlot4hkud1pfs7kdibha

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Brglsddn1cfilzstyxty

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Zgpnenuqh1xdbkzdecpl

Counts-as Striking Scorpion Exarch in 40k (I gather Biting Blades are in in 8th) or an exodite warrior in Inquisimunda/INQ28.

Exodite Hunters
Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Blpobi9iy7sbjwbs2c3b

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Rxksxblisktqzrcwfjxp

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Rodumgojvgba2udnrkfw

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Acqxxze7ikwjzyilfzec

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Wjyda23gcndqqz9t7zee

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Wdids5hxiiznwprq88u2

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 S33ma0wqejlj7xnhoyay

Counts as Kabalite Warriors in 40k (needs a Blaster and a Sybarite seeing as they're free now), or ganger-equivalents for INQ28/Shadow War (if they ever release non-Wyches).

The Beast that was once Muirnuil
Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 B6d4vjmwvafdd0gmt5wv

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Zirwekm7j7hgfpjrdvji

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Eghx5gyi7nlv4aeoogvc

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Ogfqz4ulebuy2qlb8ngs

Counts-as Clawed Fiend in 40k (or Khymaerae/Ur-Ghul/Grotesque depending on how the mood takes me...)

And finally the Exodite Warhost of Selesti so far Smile

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Akyzndeogpnnvkgp5x08

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 T1giyo0wsjvi7rp1mzcn

Approaching an army! Just need to finish the squad of Hunters/Kabalite and add another, finish the squad of Hounds of the Hunt/Scorpions, do another Beast/Clawed Fiend and sort a squad of counts-as Howling Banshees Smile

Hope you like the fluff too. I really wanted to turn up the grimdark with exodites but I was wondering how I might take it further than I already have. Inspired by the Thorne Moons stuff over on Iron Sleet where there's a whole ecology of twisted techno-biological humans, and the whole 'there are no wolves on Fenris' thing I thought 'what if Selesti is to all intents and purposes a dead world, or at least inches away from death, populated solely by Eldar and the weird clockwork wraithbone techno-biological creatures they've created in a desperate attempt to keep themselves alive?'. Things that blur the line between technological artefacts, biological beings and eldar themselves.

I'm currently weighing up whether there's any non-eldar life on Selesti at all. Whether the few animals left are treated with reverence and a source of status among the Lords of Selesti, or if basically everything is dead apart from the eldar and they've created (unintentionally twisted) techno-biological facsimiles to replace their ecosystem.

Another neat thought is that when they invade another planet they can effectively 'Selesti-form' it by setting up one of their life engines and a rudimentary infinity circuit. Even dead worlds would be fair game Smile

Oh, it also means that every single one of them qualifies as a cannibal. Savage indeed...

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 01:09

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Er9bvoetdh07kt2j2cts

Why do you keep her blind? We know you have the means to heal her.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 K8fatulcxleywgddl5n5

She is our seer. Our Lileathan Dreamer. Child of the Prophet-god. She is blind that she may see what others do not.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 W3iv9dvtl9q2ni0kccbg

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Rr0mztn44owgboq1avlq

The maiden sighed deeply as the narcotic-laced haze began to take effect, so deep in fact that one might easily mistake it for relief. It was the saccade of her sightless eyes that gave it away as something deeper than a simple numbing stupor. But this time...this time something felt wrong.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Hwpj2989iwahxjfpab2a

Like a shot she bolted upright, whirling around in a frenetic dance. Her wheeling feet carved out three circles in the sand faster than her attendant crones could react.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Hige3twss2ltghrbemyi

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Unjucvis7kygxdtwhvdw

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Shfhodlophag2ethodho

The middle-crone howled an ear-splitting shriek, piercing the moment and snapping the dreamer girl from her trance. The Elder's spear swept across the earth, hastily breaking the fell sigil.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Spfj0gjlxfqcocwfa8rx

As the gathered crones attended to the collapsed dreamer-girl the Elder leant close, inspecting the broken symbols. In the centre of each pooled greening brackish water. It didn't take her prodigious interpretive skill to decypher what this omen portended. Written clear as day.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Lkjav1gc0kllquetzzx2

'Find the Godborn Lord,' the Elder croaked, 'the Hunt must be gathered. Tell him the Plaguefather returns to claim his due.'

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 14:30

Always a pleasure to see you sharing other wonderful miniatures Smile Thanks a lot

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Falke
Hellion
Falke

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18 2017, 06:49

Brilliant! Also i love to read your story!
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18 2017, 13:21

Thanks guys! Really glad you like them Smile I think the story-writing suits me. Not so great at stitching together a full narrative, but building it up with little snippets is much easier Smile

Oh, as a little WIP update I've had my first proper stab at using greenstuff Smile was actually a lot more straight forwards than I was anticipating to do fur. Stick a blob of GS on, roughly mould it to shape, wet a teeny little screwdriver (like those ones you get in christmas crackers) and make a load of little indents in v-shapes. Et voila!

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 B0mkc9wokjpya71ucclt

Just have to learn how to do ragged cloth and that's pretty much me sorted for GS requirements Smile

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 11:39

And done!

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Bvhr1ghl8dzb9ux3f2uu

And so they come, worming through the webway towards us. The other self-interested, drawn to events like moths to a flame. The Beltane, the Hanni. Curious who it is to see who these ripples of fate will affect.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Rgkzbph5yfatb1hdk8vo

Endil the Beltane, the Homeless, the Little-more-than-Corsair. Greetings.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Vweatyzz0wuv7cj2orsb

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 E5fnhhogqw0ggon4esdn

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Dqb4a8nsz9khdevtlcri

Osutharal the Snake, the Wildling. Good that you are here, the more we might understand these savage natives.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 J68b4a1g3eesivzkf5df

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Ccigb7rjbqncfacfw5vp

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Y1fsdjbnsbwkyt4qyn2g

How may the humble Angvai be of assistance?

These two are part of another idea I had about expanding the aesthetic differences of the 'big 5' craftworlds beyond paintjob and army composition (because why have one project when you can have a dozen at the same time?).

Basically I saw this kickass picture and got jealous, so thought I'd do an Eldar one Smile

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 825952_md-30k%2C%20Alpha%20Legion%2C%20Blood%20Angels%2C%20Dark%20Angels%2C%20Death%20Guard%2C%20Emperor%27s%20Children

It also gives me an opportunity to flesh out how my homebrew craftworld interacts with others, which boils down to insults, disdain and the shadow of a deep-rooted inferiority complex. Basically I read up on how the Spartans treated everyone they ever met and applied that to my belligerent, bellicose, short-tempered eldar Smile

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 22:00

Nice.

I love how almost every miniature is treated as if it was it's own character.
Phase 2 : Pack 'em all
Phase 3 : ...
Phase 4 : Profit !

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22 2017, 04:20

this is easily my favourite part of the dark city, these models are simply beautiful.

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22 2017, 09:53

Thanks guys! Really glad you like them Smile

Yeah the whole 'every model's a character' thing stemmed from me getting really rather bored of batch-painting the same dude over and over! I'm honestly in awe of how some people can do it, especially on Guard armies and horde Orks and things.

Came across the INQ28 thing where the smaller scale facilitates going to town on each model and away i went!

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 01:10

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Ejdxhjdnw9kczjn9jfxg

To put it simply, he's no prophet…he's a warlord. He cares not for the salvation of the eldar. In truth I cannot fathom his motives. As far as I can scry his sole aim is to tear his enemies asunder. A blunt instrument by which Ynnead enacts her will.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Ooum5nrra6ttzr3lnyxb

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 D05ixjx5n0bb002kze0y

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Xqqgu98mklefo7ibzola

I have travelled there once, to the derelict palace of the Wight King. The flickering hulk of a dead craftworld adrift in the void, shrouded in nebulae. I don't know of its name, nor its true location. Only that the forces he has amassed are terrible indeed. Ranks upon ranks of his barrow-wights. Terrifying and glorious to behold.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Pcbbfyg5p2ijvjtrdojc

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Vksaqg15bhrehv8aie3r

30 years ago to the day a lone figure staggered through the empty ghost-halls of Iyanden, swatting at the whispers of the dead seeping through the walls around him.

"Hear me Dead God," he howled through the tears. "My life, my
soul in eternal servitude. I am yours to command. This I offer you. With but one condition...you bring her back."

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Qhqsgl3uygisudvo4s3t

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 D80fsirucmmbhzyylmi7

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Mm8czqr35s4wmcwrfu9c

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Nuoyiyo7sxk8pnvkmvp6

I've had the idea for the Wight King for ages but only just got round to making him Smile stemmed from the whole porting characters from Fantasy/AoS over to 40k with a twist, and then I saw this kickass model and thought 'I need that' Smile

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 64414_md-

Next issue was that I'd run out of plastic robes and suchlike and the GS capes were a little hard to master. However, a very helpful chap over on the INQ28 boards pointed me towards this tutorial for making them out of tissue paper and it worked brilliantly (I did coat them in superglue once they'd dried to give some extra stiffness): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/286080-tutorial-capes-made-from-tissue/

I've also had the Yvraine model knocking around from my Triumvirate that I'd half-cannibalised and didn't really know what to do with until I saw this drop-dead gorgeous Null-assassin model by a chap called Exanimus:

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 6xrdqf

Finally triggered an idea! My Wight King needs a Corpse Bride Smile

That helped tie together a whole host of neat things Smile it ties into the idea that Ynnari keep gravitating to a prophet/guardian model in a sort of instinctive symbolism thing after Yvraine and the Visarch. It also gives the Wight King a solid-gold reason to pledge his soul to the eldritch god of the dead Smile

Another thing it does is the first step along a bit of a worldbuilding idea I had. Basically each of my little INQ28 warbands that are taking their first fumbling steps into the Scar are backed up by more powerful factions behind them with motives entirely their own (not necessarily supportive of the motives of their compatriots). So, like the beginnings of WW1 the scrapping arguments of little polities rope in their bigger and more powerful friends until tensions fray and war erupts Smile

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 F89q450bwwkaayhj9rgs

The last thing these guys do is finally give me something that shows off just what I was aiming for with the Ynnari paint scheme (shown off best when contrasted with my Dark Eldar):

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Qhae6zb8bv1spz9lrt7w

They're the ghosts of living eldar Wink

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 04:24

All those looks fantastic (as always), and I really like the originnality you give to the miniature by mixing them.

The mixed wracks/guardians really make me feel like the undead army from the 3rd andy hoard book (path of archon).

Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 16:05

I'm not usually blown away by models, but the work and effort put into each of these is phenomenal. Such a uniquely exquisite force and loving the fluff for each piece...keep it coming, I am hooked! haha.

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03 2017, 23:11

Thanks a ton guys!

I haven't read Path of the Archon yet, but if they evoke feelings of an undead legion then i'll count my work as done!

Glad you like them Nakariial Smile shall do!

Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06 2017, 13:15

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Ku9ScDg

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 07 2017, 09:51

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 LQC5o

Thanks man Wink

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 15:21

Update!

What?! Are you insane?! I've met some truly unhinged eldar in this fair city…but this. This puts them all to shame. Consume the soul of a Bloodthirster? Cure your thirst? Utter insanity. I will have no part in it.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Cxvimsuk5ey5yuymvunm

What do you mean it worked...

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Xnx3orblqb055k2ceinn

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Jibnj12luxwzqznngzam

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Vq1noukdmvqvccsbickk

Just what the hell are you...

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Vpx7twuqefvuqbedmxlh

Had another idea around the whole winged vampire lord model I like so much Smile following the whole idea of porting AoS/Fantasy characters/concepts into the 40k universe I was reading up about Abhorash, the progenitor Blood Dragon vampire who slew a dragon, drank its blood and cured his thirst.

With Dark Eldar being basically soul-vampires, I thought 'what if a Dark Eldar was insane enough to try and consume the soul of a daemon and try and cure their thirst'. What if, against all odds, it worked. It would have to be a Khornate daemon given their patron's rivalry. It would have to be a Bloodthirster, otherwise everyone would have tried it (and it's more fitting to the Fantasy legend).

Definitely see it as an example of 'Gone Horribly Right' though. Containing that much volatile, alien and intelligent energy within oneself would be produce some significant and mutable side-effects. Plus, it opens up the door to being influenced by the Blood God. A whisper in the ear, an inexplicable urge.

And so it is that a third Ruinous Power gains an unwitting agent within the Eldar...

My two Blood Dragons side-by-side Smile mirrored and opposed.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 M1otyoikxirb2nh7xceo

All I need now is a name. Abhorax? Abhoraish?

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 16:33

Really nice poses and colors. Meh I'm running outof compliments with you :')

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 11:05

Thanks dude! Yeah I've found commenting on other people's work has forced me to learn new complimentary words Wink

I've got an update too Smile this guy's been 99% made for ages but I've been waiting for a Harlequin's Caress to come into stock on bitz sites. Finally got bored of waiting so bought a whole Harly kit (£15 for one bit!). I'll use the rest of it elsewhere though so it's all good Smile

Alileath felt for the presence of the seer, reaching out with his psychic senses. From high above the seer appeared as a placid lake, barely a ripple disturbing its cool surfaces. Familiar. The Path of the Seer required utmost concentration. Damnation awaited those who wavered. However, this time curiosity got the better of him. He leant in closer, desiring to look beneath the surface. Instantly he wished he hadn't. Roiling, seething rage howled beneath the placid surface. Loss, anger, desperation. Wailing around and around and around doing nought but gather momentum. Sweet mother Isha. What kind of mind could hammer that into submission. Alileath couldn't decide whether to be reassured or terrified that such a mind was leading the Angvai.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Rnkrzozuac9b7cjcuvhm

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Iuqsvur9syh9ojlqjfqa

'Bellatheral' they call him. 'Warmaker'. Never had a name been more fitting.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Jmcujuqj6f6pvls1iy9h

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Shcovodtgpt41boqgm4o

Bellatheral stalked the ruined battlefield. Around him his warriors fought and fell. The might of the mon keigh filth was strong here, but he couldn't stop now. After all they'd been through, after all they'd lost. To give up now would be unthinkable. They must prevail.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 P4wgq4bgs1hw5urzgooo

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Peqfevxe2c4tqvqpuqxc

An axe-wielding brute charged towards him, shrieking its litanies and chants. As their gaze met Bellatheral momentarily shunted all of his grief, all of his loss, all of his anger directly into the poor primitive's brain. His moment of catharsis was rather marred by bits of the unfortunate creature striking his armour.

Perhaps some day he'll have transferred the very last drop and the momentary tranquillity would last forever, but as yet that well had proven bottomless.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Nd8svd51zbuhvlfc9okl

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 14:22

Love the pose and the sword fixed in his back.

You sure don't want to mess with this guy haha

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 14:29

Haha that was the idea Wink

The concept behind my Craftworld is basically 'Eldar Angry Marines'. Their world's been decimated and they are pissed Wink

Whereas in Iyanden their loss has manifested in grief and mourning, in these guys it churns around and around building rage and resentment.

So yeah, eldar with menace Wink

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 04:18

So I just realized my short break from the hobby has been over 3 months, and I've neglected to look at all of your wonderful conversions! If I was an Imperial I'd be screaming heresy!

Well to start off I have to say your getting a ton out of the Tree Revenant kits, what you've been pulling off with them is truly spectacular.

Anyway I'm gonna go in order of each post so bear with my for lot of praise, and since I don't want my compliments being longer then your posts I'm gonna shrink it a bit.
August 1st / Khaine's Ravens :

Nurgle Update:

The Outcasts + Nomad Prince:

Touch-ups and Makeovers:

Only now do I realize how much I'm catching up on commenting on, Plz help I've been typing for at least 15 minutes xD:

"I have created Tree animals outta Tree People your argument is invalid":

Undead are cool:

Vampires:

The End is NIGH!:

Closing:

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 13:01

Hey Rhivan Smile I had noticed you hadn't been around.

Thanks a million for all the supporting comments Smile must have been a marathon of typing! I'm going to be selfish and pick out choice comments to reply to Wink

You're absolutely right with the psychic trauma of an eldar losing a bonded partner. I don't think I mentioned it here, but as a bit of a convo elsewhere I sort of developed the idea that as eldar bond together their minds grow more and more alike (hence the mirrored poses). They sort of wind up as one joint mind sharing two bodies, so if one of those bodies dies then it's quite literally like having your mind torn in two. Pretty high risk being an eldar in the 40k galaxy...

I'm really excited about the nurgly dudes Smile I keep meaning to make more of them now that it's sort of entrenched in the official fluff:

Spoiler:

I've been thinking that they need a little repaint as they're not looking grimy enough. The off-white of Saim Hann's primary colour would really suit the grimy look, and it'd also let me tie in my Saim Hann dude Osutharal into the picture (he's travelled here hunting his former kin).

Borrow away on the ported characters front Wink there's so much potential in Fantasy characters, and it's right up your street Smile

Yeah my Void Dreamer profile pic is one of my unexpected favourites Smile wasn't intended to be, or even particularly ambitious but I think I managed to luck into something that just works about him Smile the Greyfax Prince's coat is actually just Greyfax's coat with the little Inquisition symbol filled in with Liquid Greenstuff Smile

Funny you mention the insectoid look of my DEldar as that's a bit of a theme I've been trying to do throughout my various factions. I really like the more alien-looking and insectoid older artwork for eldar as it really differentiates them from regular humans. With my Dark Eldar it's pretty obvious with the 6-legged look, and my Nurgle guys are sort of a cross between elk and flies (I've got ideas for more, but missing the bits). Then my exodites, following on from the nurgly guys, are sort of inspired by both stags and stag-beetles Smile

The Storm Guardians are actually a really simple bits mix that works together really nicely Smile Wych legs, Guardian torsos and Harlequin swords and pistols. That's all they are, but I was surprised at how great they look as Storm Guardians Smile

Haha I can definitely see getting pissed off a Phil the shoddy marksman Wink I am giving myself a little break though in that only character models and warbandy peeps get names. Nameless mooks will remain nameless mooks for now Wink

The tree animals you see is basically the one that made the cut from a number of failed attempts. I must admit they are a little tricky, but I've got ideas for at least one more that I must get round to doing Smile plus, I've got a Drycha model that needs hacking up into pieces...

The Wych Elf kit is an interesting one. I'm a little miffed at the prevalence of monopose kits with newer stuff, but there are some dead useful bits in there. Just a whole kit of female bodies is valuable enough in itself, and they'd make killer alternative Harlequins Smile

Thought you might like the Barrow Wights Wink

Yeah it took until that Yvraine/assassin model to see the potential in the kit as well. At their core the Triumvirate are beautiful models, but for my liking all but the Visarch need quite a bit of busyness shaving off. I do have an idea for Yvraine's skirt thing as a Mechanicum Matron, but alas I've already hacked it up a little too much :S

Glad you like the Vampire guys, and yeah I like the idea that the Blood Dragon is completely and utterly bonkers Wink I'm not sure how I was planning to use them in games. It's pretty liberating to just make something and then sort all of that out afterwards. They're probably best suited to Inquisimunda games, or as NPCs in an RPG-type thing. I was thinking the Blood Dragon needed some Blood Knight followers though Wink

Glad the Farseer principally comes across as pissed off Wink there's also something I quite like about him not holding his sword but still looking menacing. As far as I'm concerned, if you're a psyker as powerful as a Farseer...the sword's not strictly necessary...

Anyway, great to have you back man Smile now to get back in the swing of things with your dudes Wink

Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17 2018, 16:43

Ynneadwraith wrote:
This evening's work:
Isn't there those Harlequin bikes with a pilot and a rider?

So, a little eBaying and rooting through the bitsbox and here we are! My jetbike Autarch!

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 Bygja1xbdzezfttel60u

Heat lances from a Talos represent the Fusion Gun, and that kickass glaive thing from Dire Avengers is the Power Spear Smile I'm just missing a Windrider helmet to craftworld it up a little, but I'm really pleased with how its turned out Smile

I've got an idea for a Farseer as well, which should materialise at some point soon. Also, all of the new Eldar jetbike models are simply beautiful. Really capture the essence of sleek, alien speed that they should have. At some point I want to make a craftworld/corsair scene with some civilian jetbikes.

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 L1qlpjxt0mhahykoezqx

completely irrelevant, and months late, but the little cut-out bits of sprue holding up the prow of these bikes cracks me up.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next