THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsairs/Genestealers

Go down 
+2
BetrayTheWorld
Jimsolo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Corsairs/Genestealers Empty
PostSubject: Corsairs/Genestealers   Corsairs/Genestealers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2016, 05:51

So, for those who haven't been following, some units in the Genestealer Cults codex have a special rule that allows them to be pulled off the board and come back in from (Return to the Shadows).  They also have a special deployment option called Cult Ambush.  

Now, one of their formations has a special rule that allows any unit that deploys from Ongoing Reserves (meaning they went back into reserves during the game) via Cult Ambush to reinforce themselves with d6 models killed during the battle.  

Now, normally only the models with Return to the Shadows would be able to use this.  UNLESS you take a Void Dreamer, and use Webway Maze to throw your big heavy choices back into Ongoing Reserves, reinforcing their numbers and allowing them to cross the entire board in a single turn.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Genestealers   Corsairs/Genestealers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2016, 15:21

Could be nasty in the games when you get it. It's a shame void dreamers are 1 per army and that there is no way to get any level of redundancy, so at best, you have like a 33% of getting the right power, right?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Genestealers   Corsairs/Genestealers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2016, 17:28

Void Dreamers select their own powers, by book.

Also their ML can go up to 3, so even if you roll your odds are closer to 50/50.
Back to top Go down
therhino
Slave
therhino

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Genestealers   Corsairs/Genestealers I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2016, 02:23

I don't understand how you're giving anything from the Corsairs the Cult Ambush rule, or how you're getting said Eldar into the GSC formation. Formation rules typically only apply to units from the formation.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Genestealers   Corsairs/Genestealers I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2016, 03:20

I think you've entirely missed his plan.

He's going to ally the two forces. Using the corsair power to force things from the cult into ongoing reserve.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Genestealers   Corsairs/Genestealers I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2016, 04:56

The Red King wrote:
I think you've entirely missed his plan.

He's going to ally the two forces. Using the corsair power to force things from the cult into ongoing reserve.

Pretty much that.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Genestealers   Corsairs/Genestealers I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2016, 06:34

Are you actually able to use Webway Maze on them? I presume they would be Desperate Allies, which under the Allies of Convenience heading says "treat each other as 'enemy units' that cannot be charged, shot, attacked in close combat, or targeted with psychic powers".

Does that mean only friendly powers, or all powers including Webway Maze?

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Genestealers   Corsairs/Genestealers I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2016, 09:15

That is interesting actually. If Webway Maze is able to target enemy units, does that allow you to target Desperate Allies with it?

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Genestealers   Corsairs/Genestealers I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2016, 15:06

Hmm. Good point. Have to look at that more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs/Genestealers   Corsairs/Genestealers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsairs/Genestealers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-