THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PenguinBomber
Slave
PenguinBomber

Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points. Empty
PostSubject: Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points.   Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2016, 14:15

Well, I'm just beginnig with this game and I chose Dark Eldar as my starter army. I've bought myself a Start Collecting set and I need help to upgrade it. This is a possible list of my army:

Purge Coterie formation
HQ:
Archon(60 pts) - no upgrades
Troops:
9xKabalite Warrior in a Raider(Dark Lance) (132 pts)
Fast Attack
3xReavers(Cluster Caltrops) (63 pts)

CAD
HQ:
Lhamaen (10 points)
Troops:
5xKabalite Warrior in a Venom(Splinter Cannon) (105 pts)
9xKabalite Warrior in a Raider (Dark Lance) (132 pts)
Fast Attack:
5xScourges(4x Haywire Blasters) (120 pts)
Heavy Support:
Ravager(3x Dark Lances) (125 pts)

I am looking for advice on how to optimise this list or make another one with similar units (or with some additions). Also, I have a very important queston: should I keep the formation out of the box or just abandon it and build one detachment.
P.S. There is one very pesky circumstance about building my dark eldar army. In my country there is a lack of venoms, so the maximum amount of venoms I could poosibly get (without a lot of effort) is about 2. Try to keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points.   Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2016, 14:56

Hi there & welcome to the hobby.

I'm afraid I skipped the SC box, so have never run the formation, but I think the general rule is that the starter formations become less useful above 500pts & that they are really just there to allow a new player to get straight into a game without needing to buy more units.

You lack a Character in your 2nd list, so won't get a Warlord Trait, also bear in mind the Lhamean can't join other units either, so she can't fill the final space in the Raider.

I would definitely add your Reavers back in also, I find they are one of our best units & can't be ignored by our opponents, which buys breathing space for the rest of your army.

As your looking to push up to 750, but I have no idea who or what you'll be facing, I'll just post a standard list as an example:

DE CAD 748

Lhamean, Cannon Venom (75)
5 x Warriors, Incl. Syb, Cannon Venom (115) - Warlord
5 x Warriors, Cannon Venom (105)
3 x Reavers, CC (63)
2 x Triple Lance Ravagers (250)
Talos, T/L HWB, II (140)

The Talos is to taste & there are many other things you could swap it for ie. another Ravager, Scourges, more Reavers. All depends who you face & how competitive their list is.

I run it as a distraction unit, straight up the middle usually, which draws fire from my Ravagers, which usually prevents Jinking, or if they ignore it, it usually kills something & they wish they hadn't. Obviously, sometimes it just dies, but that's the luck of the dice!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points.   Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2016, 17:53

There is no reason to stick with the Start Collecting formation. I would just use all the parts in a CAD.

DE are a fun army to play, but you will need LOTS of transports. Venoms are nice for the amount of shots they put out (there is a thread under Tactics about how point efficient our units are vs some common enemy types. Check it out).

Any idea who you will be playing against? Will it be casual or competitive?
Back to top Go down
PenguinBomber
Slave
PenguinBomber

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points.   Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2016, 18:35

Thank you very much for your suggestions! Most of my opponents are going to be Space Wolves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points.   Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgrading my Start Collecting set to 750 points.
Page 1 of 1