THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Monthly Vow - October

Go down 
+3
spellcheck2001
Kantalla
Count Adhemar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Monthly Vow - October Empty
PostSubject: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2016, 22:17

Spellcheck's not about much at the moment so I'm doing the honours this month.

Pledge what you plan to achieve below and your achievement shall of course be emblazoned in TDC's patent pending, trademark-lawsuit pending Comorrah purple!TM

Keeeeeeeeep painting!

Kantalla - Finish Venom, base a Wraithknight, Change Raider into a Ravager, 1 complete Ravager, 3 Windriders, Succubus, display base
Count Adhemar - Finish Shadowseer, Voidweaver, as many Skyweavers as possible
spellcheck2001 - sort out hobby area!
Kroupus - build and basecoat 32 warriors

Last edited by Count Adhemar on Tue Nov 01 2016, 21:50; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2016, 08:19

I have one month to go until my army makes it's tournament appearance, so everything needs to be painted for October. That means:

Finishing the Venom from last month
Basing the Wraithknight
Change Raider into a Ravager by adding side gunners
1 complete Ravager
3 Windriders
Succubus

Plus ideally a display base

I foresee either not finishing and having to use some old models or not helping much with the baby this month. Plus if the models I need to finish the army don't arrive this week, I think having all new models is probably not going to happen in time for the tournament.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2016, 09:16

My aim this month is to build up my Harlequin forces. I'd like to paint my converted Shadowseer and then build and paint a Voidweaver and as many Skyweavers as I can.

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2016, 16:05

Thanks Count. Moving house is a pain in the rear. 'My vow is to get my hobby area sorted so I can get cracking with the hobby again

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Kroupus
Hellion
Kroupus

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2016, 20:32

My aim is to get all my warriors built (32 total) and at least base coated.
Not much but with a toddler and a pre-pubescent teen boy it's hard to get anything done

Background: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14388-kabal-of-the-eburnean-hand

Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14389-kabal-of-the-eburnean-hand
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2016, 20:50

Soooo. Managed to get a bit of hobby in amid all the unpackimg, painting etc. Behold my mortis cintemptir dread for the Vka Fenryka, and a couple of apothecaries

[url="https://s1245.photobucket.com/user/creamywynch/media/IMG_0646_zpspa5k0f1l.jpg.html"]Monthly Vow - October IMG_0646_zpspa5k0f1l[/url]

[url="https://s1245.photobucket.com/user/creamywynch/media/IMG_0652_zpstotxj1sk.jpg.html"]Monthly Vow - October IMG_0652_zpstotxj1sk[/url]

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2016, 16:38

Vow was going quite nicely. I added a green stuff cowl to the shadowseer then painted him up, built the Voidweaver and the skyweaver bikes and just needed to build the crew before I could prime and paint them. Then real life intervened and I've not so much as touched a model in 5 days!

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2016, 09:58

Ended up being a pretty major fail this month. I managed to build the Voidweaver and 6 Skyweavers but got no further than priming them. Only painting I managed was my Shadowseer.

Monthly Vow - October AJZrqsrmpVDD365X5EJlh-tIbJ8buPmXr3tuuYPn_GVwakKnlmaCaqKiuqpdOSWvId7kbzXq4DV4aFZzNLzafFovV4XCr0lZaXYEvY7IbsmlFQN1RjgEW9Cc3udv1Go-BG5hias5K6a8eSBqO2Zo5dxw81zdE1GFeuYNWp6mfAFdF6m7cUKz3Kc5ZbG0OrVyc0Gn6Q7HHNB6MzeXujAFACXiR-DouS9YOBK5nHBSjmj-JAdALHMEyRAq3OsQt7sxGHMQ2VeC5zQYyLniMXCvTsjRRFKGa9WbaHzNS-lp-NR9ZL_rPIRrFGx__n7BGH5rOna5dl3_KEc8Y_JDnM1Ufh6NxkhkCzCGaps-YIOr__f78ZuJdiMjMIYhoCPR17EHX2uSH8ySCAyGqvsGEwvbjEEQ0q3HOu5AwCiQDcUJQ7HSZ9H4f4DX1IejfX_9w-dPNDHtXOjL-Gi9s6CEJCzIKsYCRMk9BdN2N_nd4zNbk1Qz0tp25mEUEAicFNdr1XVCa5S1nSVFJHg-j8Fs1rVyHhOFu1KhaC7GUMRgd6cHWK3_RQRUnSJ64W5G0VeT5uQyxqNI9W-DDkIi0j-scZjHIk1U7K6BsqI4o26JQMdD1FsduGZ1=w684-h911-no

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2016, 11:32

Nice custom Shadowseer Smile I spy Harly legs and cloak, a Sybarite backpack thingy and maybe a Reaver head?

Is the hood greenstuff?

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2016, 11:49

It is indeed. And the Miststave is the Singing Spear from an Eldar Warlock, although sadly is snapped during construction so it's a little shorter than I originally planned.

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2016, 19:27

I had an epic fail of October painting Crying or Very sad

I ordered the models I needed for a tournament this coming weekend back in June. Most of them arrived within two weeks, but apparently GW had instituted a new distribution process, and that somehow led to a delay on the models they didn't have in stock. Mid-September I was told the system was fixed up and my models were on way, but here we are at the start of November and I still don't have the models I need for the tournament. Over 5 months to deliver models is appallingly bad, and means I will have old and badly painted models along with a borrowed squad to make up my army for the tournament.

So, completed for the month are finishing off the Venom, and basing the Wraithknight.

Back to top Go down
Korona
Kabalite Warrior
Korona

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2016, 13:29

I hate to point this out for a painted model but I think you used male legs with a female torso...

Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2016, 15:46

Korona wrote:
I hate to point this out for a painted model but I think you used male legs with a female torso...

lol... Well... I guess elves are gender fluid anyway...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Vow - October   Monthly Vow - October I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monthly Vow - October
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-