THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850 Empty
PostSubject: Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850   Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2016, 20:29

Greetings all!
I had an idea for a potential deathstar list, and was wondering what The Dark City thinks of it.
Grotesquerie
10 man Grot squad, Abby w/scissorhand
3 man Grot squad, Abby w/scissorhand in raider
bare Haemy

Masque
Shadowseer w/HWG, MoS, ML2
6X Shadowseer w/ML2
3X Troupes, master w/HWG and Caress, all in starweavers (2 as FA slots)
bare voidweaver

Idea is get Invisibility, veil of tears, dance of shadows, and hopefully hammerhand, with priority going Invis>Dance of Shadows>Hammerhand and GoI, on the big grotsquad, with all the SS's rolling with them. The big unit runs around and punches stuff to death, while the rest of the army tries to pop any vehicles, and if there aren't any, eat some squads.

The Deathstar has a ton of fleshbane attacks at Int7, potentially S7-8 grots (depending on Hammerhand and grotesquerie bonus) and a ton of wounds.

The flaws I see with the list are its pretty low on anti-tank, and can't do anything to flyers.

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850   Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2016, 07:54

The biggest weakness is it's amazingly slow and does zero outside of combat. While its packs a punch there is little in the way of AP either.

Invis across the 7 casters (14 rolls) is a pretty decent chance but I can see games where you get that plus veil and that's it. To be honest I would be going with the first seer (with mask) on phantasy then the remaining 6 go fishing

Regardless, I don't think it's a great deathstar

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850   Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2016, 09:45

Could you drop the Abberation from the 3-man Grot squad and pick up a webway portal for your bare Haemy in the deathstar? That should solve some of the mobility issues slightly...

What you could do is ensure that at least one Shadowseer (or more if you get Invisibility early when you're fishing for powers) has Psychic Shriek. That way the turn you drop you can shriek something off the table with the debuff from the Mask. If you've got more than one Shadowseer shrieking then you could have some decent offensive (short)ranged output Smile
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850   Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2016, 12:33

The new FAQ means 1 shriek is the max from a unit

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850   Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2016, 21:21

Really? Bummer. There goes my deathstar idea too...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850   Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Covens/Harlie Deathstar 1850
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: