THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes] Empty
PostSubject: So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes]   So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2016, 01:35

Dark Eldar are a weapon and tactical specialization army.

PS: I am terrible at proper English, spelling and grammar, I am sorry ahead of time.

They don't have Psychic, Knights, High AV vehicles and are a fast mobile Raiding force. The DE codex doesn't do its justice in representing this at all.

DE has a few problems, one is that lack of options in many units and HQ's the other is over costed and under preform units. This is mainly due to the ideal of special rules need to add cost to the units. Where this is true, but special rules values are incorrect in the DE army, Night Vision as a rule is completely useless. Power From Pain shouldn't increase the points b.c every codex has its "special" army rule, where Eldar has Battle Focus, SM with Atsknf etc... The other problem is the full army being the same cost as other similar Xenos but has 1 armor save value less, I'm assuming this is for the glass cannon feel and having "better" weapons.

A few problems that are completely glaring in the face that I would like to fix.

Vehicles: Both vehicles are 5-10pts over costed and each upgrade is over costed as well. Giving if it explodes (and it almost always does giving that it is AV10 and Open top) its literally a death trap for the models inside. Most of the upgrades are fine just need to be cheaper, 5-10pts cheaper giving what it is.

Fliers: Both over costed. Razorwing 100pts base, Bomber 120pts base. Remember these are AV10 if they Jink they literally are completely useless, Bolt guns will kill them. The Razor Wing also needs 1 or 2 missile options that are NOT Blasts and the Splinter gun should be replaceable with a Lance or Diss Cannon.

Wyches: Dodge should be a 4++ always, their weapons are to similar its just different types of re-rolls or rending, they should start with Rending or make them cheaper and give them weapon options with AP. Wyches are gladiators, they should be scary in Melee, as it is now they aren't.

Hellions: Extremely over costed for what little they do. Give them with Jink option, 4+ save and +2 str on the glaive (Its a 2hd weapon should be +2s). Literally Beast Masters are better Hellions for cheaper.... Alternatively they could be Jet Pack with Dodge instead of jink and a 5+ armor.

Archons: Let them take Bikes, Skyboards etc.. they need more options

Armor Saves: There is no reason 90% the books units Armor saves shouldnt be +1 more than they currently are now. NONE at all. This will make most models 4+ and 5+ (that still isnt much, its equal to Tau and Necrons)

Weapons: Mostly they are over costed, DE IS A WEAPONS army, make them cheaper, heck they are cheaper in other books, IDK why THE frak they are so costly compare to others.

Urien Rakarth: Give him EW

Haemonculus: 50pts

Demi-Company.

DE player places 3 WWP's done (for free) treat them as infiltrators. +1 to your reserve rolls and -1 to your opponents.  And all vehicles when Jinking doesnt cause the unit(s) to snap fire.

This gives a really good fluff feeling also it makes vehicles and units in vehicles usable.

Veck and the Dais

5th ed Veck was really good just extremely over costed, make him and his vehicles both about 50pts cheaper. That be about 190 for Veck (remember he is still S3 T3) and the Dais should be 150pts base, it is a AV 13 open top fast skimmer transport with 3 Dark Lances. Honestly is still alittle costly. Let the Dais have Raider options too.

You may or may not agree with me and that is fine, these are just things I would change, after playing DE for years and have play 100's of games played through many editions with them, Im not looking for them to be top teir but just to be more fluffy and actually enjoyable.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes]   So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2016, 04:07

amishprn86 wrote:
Wyches: Dodge should be a 4++ always, their weapons are to similar its just different types of re-rolls or rending, they should start with Rending or make them cheaper and give them weapon options with AP. Wyches are gladiators, they should be scary in Melee, as it is now they aren't.

You realise Harlequins - who are faster and more dynamic and who also have anti grav belts only get a 5++ save all the time right? Ditto on the weapon front. Harlequins with a single S6 attack are 20ppm... giving wyches rending and a 4++ should see them at 25+ppm - minimum. That's not a troops choice anymore.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes]   So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2016, 04:32

Massaen wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

You realise Harlequins - who are faster and more dynamic and who also have anti grav belts only get a 5++ save all the time right? Ditto on the weapon front. Harlequins with a single S6 attack are 20ppm... giving wyches rending and a 4++ should see them at 25+ppm - minimum. That's not a troops choice anymore.

Not counting Weapons (tho harlequin weapons are better for same points IMO)

1) Higher Weapon skill
2) Higher LD
3) Can run and charge
4) Furious charge always
5) The get Fear instead of NV (Fear is better on melee than NV)
6) Flip Belt (Ignore terrain basically)
7) Hit and Run

This is why Harlequins cost more

And I dont mean give them all of these tho, these are ideas on things to give them, doesnt mean ever thing needs to be on them. You can have 4++ and no rending. You can have Dodge work on Overwatch too, or you can make dodge a 5++ all the time.

I'd rather need weapon others that have some AP to them so you cant have 5-10 models with rending.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes]   So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2016, 12:24

Lets face it, we will not get a new codex any time soon. Our one hope (Obewan, hehe) is that we get a supliment with some cool formations.

This means: No change to point costs, stats or wargear. However, we can get some nice special rules, possibly some added options of adding existing wargear to other units (I really wish we could take dissies on infantry).

TBH, I just want 2 new PFP tables, that we can choose between. Get the option of using the Covens table on regular guys, along with another table that grants Hit and Run (which we should have MORE THAN ANY OTHER ARMY!!). Get us some nice AP2 CCW for our HQs.

As for your comments, I really want to avoid turning us back into the 5th Ed powerhouse we were. The fun thing about DE is that nobody plays them because they are so freaking difficult!

Vehicles: They are OK as is. Our current tactics are ENTIRELY based on this fact. Any cheaper and they become OP.

Fliers: Razorwing is OK, Voidraven is overcosted. Again, nothing OP please Wink

Wyches: We need some gear to increase strength. Thats basically it here.

Hellion: I agree that we need changes here. Maybe some unit-wide buff of a ++sv? These guys were Ok back in 5th because of our special HQs, lets make that happen again.

Archons: Yes x1000

Armour: I am good where it is. We want to be Glass Cannon. Right now we are just Glass without the Cannon, but it would be equally un-fun if we were all Cannon and no Glass (like CWE right now)

Weapons: Ya, we need some better weapons, both CC and shooting. Relics would help a little...
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes]   So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2016, 18:28

Let me preface this by saying I don't like formations that give free stuff, it breaks the concept (yes it is already broken as the game isn't balanced at all) of point values being part of balance.

fisheyes wrote:
This means: No change to point costs, stats or wargear. However, we can get some nice special rules, possibly some added options of adding existing wargear to other units (I really wish we could take dissies on infantry).

Okay now to the part I quoted, as we know point values can be adjusted by formations as there are several formations out there that give free stuff. For instance a formation could give the Voidraven Bomber free missiles or missiles on a discount which would, in effect, lower it's point costs. So by writing formations that break the concepts, point values, and rules they set down in the Codex could buff our deficiencies without releasing a new Codex Dark Eldar.

Not that they would do this for our faction, we aren't one of the favored children of GW.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes]   So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2016, 20:56

That is a solution for a temp fix if we arnt getting a new book but updates to Demi-company like Chaos.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes]   So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2016, 22:31

Something I just thought about, Give Hellions special DSing rules that lets them charge after DS, keep them the same. There, they are cool, fluffy and useful now. Taking a couple small 5mans would not be to powerful b.c if you take more you would have higher chance of mishaps, they are only S4 T3 and 5+ saves, its nothing stronger than GSC book.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes]   So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So fed up with DE, here what I would Change in the Book. [Rules Changes]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: