THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tantalus for sale.

Go down 
+2
Gobsmakked
Cailos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

Tantalus for sale. Empty
PostSubject: Tantalus for sale.   Tantalus for sale. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2011, 20:34

The Tantalus is now for sale on the Forge World website if you didn't get one at Games Day.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Tantalus for sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus for sale.   Tantalus for sale. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2011, 23:36

Thank you very much Cailos, it looks amazing. They even have a couple of size-comparison shots next to a Reaver that really illustrate how big it is.

Here is the contents on the latest FW newsletter (#285) announcing the Tantalus, via anselminus on Warseer:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320357

(and don't forget that we have a Tantalus Tactica thread on the go [click here])

anselminus wrote:
Dark Eldar Tantalus
First crafted, so it is said, for the Archon Surasis Grief of the Kabal of the Dark Mirror, the Tantalus is an assault skimmer, somewhat larger and more complex in design than the Raider, and accordingly better armed. Its distinctive twin-hulled design houses powerful engine-reactors slaved to enhanced drives and its unique scythevane armament.

One of the largest Dark Eldar vehicles yet encountered by the Imperial war machine, the cruel reavers who crew this sleek engine of destruction take delight in mounting high-speed attacks, slicing through the hulls of enemy vehicles and rending infantry into crimson shreds, heralded by the screech of the molecular dissonance fields of its scythevanes and the rapid fire of its pulse-disintegrator armament.

The Dark Eldar Tantalus, designed by Daren Parrwood, is a detailed full resin kit that includes a set of etched brass deck panels. Measuring nearly 11” from prow to stern, this twin-hulled vehicle is a great addition to any Dark Eldar army. With its full rules contained Imperial Armour Apocalypse Second Edition, the Tantalus is available now for immediate release.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...-TANTALUS.html

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Tantalus for sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus for sale.   Tantalus for sale. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 01:07

Just to add, it comes with a Raider sprue and no oval base.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Tantalus for sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus for sale.   Tantalus for sale. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 02:34

Oh, crew is plastic? And floor is metal?

If I can quote one fine lad:
Quote :
But hey, look at that - brass floor. That's... professional-uberhardcore-oldschool scale modeling people.

Ok, *I* said that. But truth is this IS "true" model, not GW toy.

I'm not sold with gigant blades under, it looks silly
Tantalus for sale. 1203970181625
But model IS great.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Tantalus for sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus for sale.   Tantalus for sale. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 08:55

Sky Serpent wrote:
Just to add, it comes with ....... no oval base.

What exactly does it come with base-wise then? If anything, these new pics clearly show how big it is, surely it must have a decent base of some kind?

Surely .......

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

Tantalus for sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus for sale.   Tantalus for sale. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 13:13

Well... i don't mind if it hasn't a base tagging along... will make mine "custom" anyway.

When i get the funds together to buy one...

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

Tantalus for sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus for sale.   Tantalus for sale. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 19:30

It has a regular large flying base (same as Raiders and Ravagers). Not quite sure how the hell to get it stand on a one. I actually already have one, due to being in Warhammer World a few days before GD and getting them to send em one once they become availeable if I paid for it early. Looks nice but pretty hard to put together. Mine has some pretty big gaps I'll have to try and fill with green stuff, and I don't think I'll attach all those tiny resin spikes.

Sponsored content

Tantalus for sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus for sale.   Tantalus for sale. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tantalus for sale.
Page 1 of 1