THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Battle Report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

Dark Eldar Battle Report Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Battle Report   Dark Eldar Battle Report I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30 2016, 08:06

Dark Eldar fought the Hammer of the Emperor.  Quarters deployment.

They brought Knight Commander Pask and his three tank unit along with a bevy of other tanks.  there must have been four or five  Chimeras, 6 Leman Russ variants and a bunch of soldiers sprinkled in along with Wyverns (Wyverns are so good!).

The Dark Eldar skulked in ruins while the enemy fired a couple of shots, glancing a Raider but otherwise leaving them unharmed under the cover of night.  The hornets nest was ruffled and the Raiders screamed across the gulf between the two forces, occupying the center of the Battlefield, whil the Ravagers took shots at the Demolisher to silence its gun for a round.  Pask ordered his men to open fire and they obliterated the Dark Eldar Warlord, his transport and all but one of his (now wounded) Abberations thanks to the devastation wrought by the Wyverns.  First Blood and the glory of slaying the Warlord went to the Emperors finest.  The Emperors mailed fist also smashed at the hulls of other transports, finally dumping the other Grotesque unit out unceremoniously in the middle of the field.  

The smiles quickly faded as reserves arrived.  The BeastMaster lashed his dark Minageria from the shadows and into the fray, coming from reserve on the enemies southern flank, while a venom far in my deployment zone alighted to the ground to start handling objectives.  Overhead screamed the dread engines of none other than the VoidRaven Bomber.  Thanks to his adroit disposition of Troops, Pask forced the Bomber to have nowhere to land and drop its bomb, so it was left to attempt the murder of the Wyverns without it.  It killed one while stunning and tearing at the other.  

Meanwhile, the lone Abberation smashed into the damaged Demolisher and wrecked it, while the Court of the Archon streamed forth and smashed both Commander Pask and one of his two tanks into oblivion, leaving one tank barely functional.  The Grotesques smashed into the blockading Chimeras, tearing them asunder.  The full on wrath of the Archons was made manifest.

The Executioner turned around and blasted the Court of the Archon along with most of his compadres until only two Sslyth and an Ur-Ghul remained, in vengeful counterfire.  The IG Command team revved their engines and moved to a better position, while the Remaining Chimera made a mad dash to try and secure objectives later.  The Guardsman unleashed their firing fury to help protect the Wyverns while they could.  Pasks remaining tank took aim and fired on the Sslyth as well but it was looking grim as the Incubi had arrived in the back of their deployment and made ready to form th anvil to the BeatsMasters hammer next round.  Nothing seemed to work.  The jinking thing that held them was able to survive albeit losing its weapon.

The Dark Eldar VoidRaven Bomber streaked overhead and dmaged a Chimera with its bomb and ended the Wyverns.  The Incubi gushed out like ichor from the wounds Raider and obliterated a unit of guardsman.  the Executioner fell to the remaining Abberation.  The second unit of guardsman was killed by the Sslyth after overwatch killed the Ur-Ghul.  The Court of the Archon was exultant.  The BeastMasters smashed into Pasks last remaining Leman Russ and killed it while the undamaged unit of Grotesques killed everything in front of them.  One Ravager immobilized itself but the other didin't killing the Chimera that made a dash for objectives.  All that was left was the Commander and his Chimera, surrounded on all sides.

The Vindetta screamed from the skies, its fellows having been destroyed in the stratosphere above on the way in and fired down on the Voidraven bomber but only glanced it.  The Commande ordered his Master of Ordinance to fire on the clumped up BeastMasters, which he dutifully did, annihilating a huge clump of them i nthe center fo their bunched up arrangement around the dead Leman Russ.

And then his Commander gave the word to self destruct the Chimera, to disallow any of them from being captured alive.  For only the fortunate die in Dark Eldar raids and they knew it.

Dark Eldar Victory.
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Battle Report   Dark Eldar Battle Report I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2016, 11:05

Fun and colorful account of events. Interesting to see a list with beasts and Incubi.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Battle Report   Dark Eldar Battle Report I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2016, 11:51

Moved to Realspace Raids - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Battle Report   Dark Eldar Battle Report I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2016, 18:41

Scrz wrote:
Fun and colorful account of events. Interesting to see a list with beasts and Incubi.

Yup. I've won the last six games with it, and quite a few before that. A melee oriented, tough force is an unusual take on Dark eldar, but it is one i have found to be very effective.

The army does not have a ton of shooting in it. Just 4 Dark Lances on Raiders that will quickly perish and two venoms. The other shooting is the Sslyth and Medusae. Outside of that...

So it wants to hang back when going second, just out of your range, then it jets 36" forward and the trap is sprung. The inevitable Jinking of Raiders and the death of a couple of them early is inevitable and then the killing and the blood orgy starts.

Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Battle Report   Dark Eldar Battle Report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Battle Report
Page 1 of 1