THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Poison and strength

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
suppadave
Slave
suppadave

Poison and strength Empty
PostSubject: Poison and strength   Poison and strength I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2016, 06:44

Hi all,

New to this dark eldar/poison issue.

So for grots that are strength 5 but have poison 4+. In a situation for example going up against a T3 unit can we use the units strength opposed to the poison?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Poison and strength   Poison and strength I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2016, 08:07

Poison says you wound on the fixed number unless a lower number would be required. (In your example, a 2.)

If the attacker's Strength is higher than the defender's Toughness, then you get rerolls to wound. So in your example, you'd need 2's, and you'd reroll any 1's.

(Grots are amazing.)
Back to top Go down
suppadave
Slave
suppadave

PostSubject: Re: Poison and strength   Poison and strength I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2016, 12:08

My god I thought grots wounded on a 4+ that could reroll. This changes every thing.

Now I understand how that grot formation is so strong. Traditionally how have you run grots? 3 man squad with leader (agoniser)?

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Poison and strength   Poison and strength I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2016, 13:09

Generally I just go 3 with no upgrades, and throw my HQ in there just for kicks (and to use the AoM leadership fun). The grots do most of the damage, against T4 MEQ guys they do OK (re-rolling 3's to wound). However ATSKNF means you cant cut them down...
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Poison and strength   Poison and strength I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2016, 13:27

Scratch that! Forgot that Splinter weapons don't have a strength value...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poison and strength   Poison and strength I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poison and strength
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-