THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KiloFiX
Hellion
KiloFiX

Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs? Empty
PostSubject: Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs?   Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 14:21

So what are folks putting on WraithKnights and WraithLords as secondary weapons?

In a WraithHost, I'm thinking dual Scatter for the melee Knight and dual Brightlance on the Lord to keep it at range. But it's just theorycrafting at this point.

Thoughts? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs?   Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 14:35

I think that the dual scatter for the Knight is the only way to go. If you wanted AT, you would give him the wraith cannons.

As for the wraith-lord, are what are you trying to achieve? What is the list lacking? They are actually a very good unit if used correctly. T8 is nothing to laugh at (or am I thinking of a previous edition?)
Back to top Go down
KiloFiX
Hellion
KiloFiX

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs?   Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 15:11

Yeah, Lord is still T8. But Gravs still kill it easily, so I'm thinking of keeping him way out of range and use him as AT with Brightlances.

I'm otherwise running CtC with WraithHost lol. An construct list lol. CtC is meant to go after Infantry.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs?   Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 15:39

Well, if you are rocking the CTC, than you probably want to overload him with high T MCs. The CTC can scout farward, and act as your "Hammer", with the Lord strolling behind picking off things that make the CTC afraid (grav bikes sitting at 18" range come to mind).

VS these grav bikes, wouldent dual scatter laser work best? Or maybe *gasp* the star-cannon? If they jink, they would be less scary to your 600+ pt deathstar
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs?   Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 22:46

If I take a Wraithlord it's dual starcannons all day.
Back to top Go down
KiloFiX
Hellion
KiloFiX

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs?   Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2016, 00:35

Really? Seems like they're kind of middle of the road and might be hard to Pen vehicles, but I suppose they will be good for MEQ, TEQ.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs?   Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2016, 03:18

It's not about penning vehicles. It's about killing vanguard units. A wraithlord is a hockey goaltender. Last line of defense and clearing out trash: Drop pods and their passengers, bikes and jetbikes. EJB aren't reavers, they aren't supposed to jink. A jinking scatbike without a nearby psyker is not a threat.  

Ideally neither your "distraction carnifex" ie your aggro unit such as a sword and board wraithknight, seerstar, DA, grot bomb, etc. nor your backfield sweeper should be your main source of Anti-vehicle firepower, as that role naturally makes them fire magnets, and losing your AT before all the boxes are gone is recipe for defeat. Atleast when they are AI the rest of your list will partially overlap with that role.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs?   Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secondary Weapons on Wraith Constructs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: