THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Interested in Deathwatch and Ravenwing for tacticool shootiness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

Interested in Deathwatch and Ravenwing for tacticool shootiness Empty
PostSubject: Interested in Deathwatch and Ravenwing for tacticool shootiness   Interested in Deathwatch and Ravenwing for tacticool shootiness I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2016, 06:54

I like the idea of super hi-tech shooty guys with special ammo, Deathwatch provides that nicely on foot and have the amazing frag cannon. I also like speeders and attack bikes, which the Ravenwing provides with bs2 overwatch and plasma everywhere.

I have a general idea of how to field Ravenwing (bikes, attack bikes, knights, speeders) but haven't found much about Deathwatch. Stalker bolters seem really expensive for just two shots (especially when Eldar have scatterbikes for a similar price range) but the imagery is cool.

Do these two lists have synergy too?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Deathwatch and Ravenwing for tacticool shootiness   Interested in Deathwatch and Ravenwing for tacticool shootiness I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2016, 13:09

Synergy, not much TBH. They are both elite forces with small model counts. Deathwatch seem to be more into drop podding (to make the most of their fragile but very shooty units), where as Ravenwing seem to be more bike oriented.

I think you could put beacons on the Ravenwing for no scatter Deathwatch though. Not sure how the allies work with that one.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Deathwatch and Ravenwing for tacticool shootiness   Interested in Deathwatch and Ravenwing for tacticool shootiness I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2017, 16:34

A month late, but all ravenwing bikes come with teleport homers.   It's part of the price increase from regular bikes (along with jink re-rolls, scout, and hit & run).  So there is some synergy terminators, but not drop pods. I even tend to forget that myself sometimes.

Also, I almost never take normal bikes anymore over multi melta attack bikes.  They've got a much smaller footprint, more versatility at range, and are cheaper per wound (although you need to watch for s10/instant death).  Mobile grav is the only real reason I can think of for regular bikes.

If you're going for a theme of long range shooting you may be better off fielding a minimum CAD of scouts with cloaks and sniper rifles and a techmarine to boost whatever cover they're sitting in.  To me, drop pods are for flamers and melta, not rifles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interested in Deathwatch and Ravenwing for tacticool shootiness   Interested in Deathwatch and Ravenwing for tacticool shootiness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interested in Deathwatch and Ravenwing for tacticool shootiness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Other Mercenaries & Allies
-
Jump to: