THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?

Go down 
+53
Myrvn
Archon Vitcus
End Game
Erebus
Marrath
Prodigalson
DEfan
Sarkesian
Rhivan
BizarreShowbiz
tibersky
TeenageAngst
eohall
Trojan
megatrons2nd
Archon_91
Draco
Vorl-Xoelanth
Korona
RobinFS
Archonon
Barrywise
CurstAlchemist
jjw771
Taffy10
Jimsolo
Kehmor
Jehoel
lament.config
Azdrubael
The Strange Dark One
Squidmaster
Cherrycoke
The Red King
stevethedestroyeofworlds
HokutoAndy
krayd
Logan Frost
Ynneadwraith
aurynn
Painjunky
Xivai
Calyptra
mrmagoo
1++
Skulnbonz
fisheyes
CptMetal
amorrowlyday
Devilogical
BetrayTheWorld
Count Adhemar
Imateria
57 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 15:45

This pic thats just emerged today for Fall of Cadia certainly makes it an intriguing prospect.

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? Inquigirl_zpsctmnukcf
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 15:50

That looks very much like an Incubi in that Black Templar's selfie
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 16:00

Seems so out of place in context, though. Everyone is so calm....almost like it was photoshopped into a picture where it didn't belong.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 19:03

It definetly looks like photoshop )))
His right hand seems to be blur or some sort (u can see black templar backpak throw it)

Not to mention his pressence realy out of concept.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 19:20

Look at the horizon tho. That looks an AWFUL lot like a web way portal... with that context not so out of place.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 19:24

Seems to be legit though, part of the information torrent GW have put out today.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 19:24

Perhaps the inquisitor hired the Incubbi as a bodyguard...
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Um, you guys are refering to the character on the centre right? Looks more like an inquisition henchman (or w/e they are now called).

I dont see any DE in this pic...
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 19:25

The Archmagos is definitely in charge, more likely whomsoever they hired to guide them through the webway brought incubi.

@fisheyes That is precisely whom we are talking about and they are not in the least bit inquisition. look closer at the backpack, razorwing companion, and broken soulstone

THAT COULD BE THE ARCHON WHO WAS RUMOURED. If that is them I'd bet money they're wearing that ornate cape from before
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 19:31

The trophy rack alone is proof enough.
That there be an Incubi! (said in a pirate voice of course)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 19:38

Tech priest dominus on the left...are they known to flirt with the BT as well?
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 20:05

While I agree it looks like an Incubi but that could be an Eldar Autarch as well.

Here is to hoping Dark Eldar get a formation or 2 out of the book.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 21:34

I'm not sure about an Incubus. Incubi are traditionally black with white helmets and don't have big feather things on their shoulders. This guy's helmet is wrong, and there's no klaive anywhere in sight.

Honestly, while I think his armor is definitely Eldar in design, and looks significantly more Dark Eldar than anything else, I don't think this is something that we've seen before. They've become so intent on the art matching the models that only way I think he could be an Incubus is if they're going to release plastic Incubi and this is what the new models look like (which seems unlikely, given the plastic Wracks).

He might be Dark Eldar, but I think he's something or someone new.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 21:37

If you look closely he does have the back pieces that come up like 2 Blades on his back. Cant think of what to call them.

Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 21:58

That big feather thing is definitely a Razorwing.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2016, 22:06

Yeah, the Eldar back vane things. I saw those, and they're totally an Incubi thing, but they show up on other models too. We've seen Sybarites, Hekatrixes, Archons, and Succubi sporting a single one, as well as Farseers, Spirit Seers, Dark Reapers, and Wraithguard. Having two has always been specific to Incubi, but Wraithlords get two as well.

Without knowing more about what the vanes' actual significance is, I don't think we can be sure that among the True Kin only Incubi can have two.

(Maybe Drazhar is finally getting a new model and this is what it looks like, though I still think the helmet is wrong for an Incubus.)

Now I kind of want to model an Archon with three of them...
Back to top Go down
Xivai
Hellion
Xivai

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 02:32

It is definitely a dark eldar. Also in the Ad Mech codex there is a lore passage saying they fought their way to commorragh. Why did they do this and lose so much just to get a message to the DE? They needed help restoring the Emperor's throne since the Arch Magos could no longer repair it after numerous attempts. It is failing.

So the Dark Eldar and IoM seem to be getting real chummy, and now it's clear they are paying for passage through the webway. I bet the Dark Kin won't get any major releases for the first half ot the campaign. My bet is they betray them all in the second and that is when we get formations and new models.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 07:28

Xivai is correct.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 13:22

I'm pretty sure thats not an Incubus Warsuit, the detail of it just looks too different and the helmet is identical to one you find on the Kabalite Warrior sprue. I'm willing to bet that that'll be the Archon Sythrac thats been hinted at, some other similar character.

Xivai has provided the fluff reason for why they'd be working together, but it's definitely taking things murch further than I'd have expected.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 13:58

New Incubus model? I'd say it would go great with... hmmm Vect release... And IMO Mechanicum presence in Commoragh would hardly go unnoticed by HIM.

OTOH the person on the "selfie" (lolz Count BTW) is deffo not Vect. He wouldnt take pictures among the rabble. I am hesitant to call the thing on his left arm a Razorwing. How about Drazhar? He is supposed to wear an ancient Incubus armour and this looks kinda "medieval". The back things are deffo Incubi trophy racks IMO.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 14:03

If they make plastic Incubi my wallet won't be able to take it. Couple that with plastic Aspect Warriors and I'll have to sell a car of something...
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 14:09

Allright... I have second thoughts. The helmet. Looks like one of the Kabalite's helmets. Incubi helmets are horned right? That glowing thing on his chest could be Tormentor though... Also he does not seem to have any weapon.

Strange is that he seems to be standing on higher ground than surrounding Templars. I hope this is not another version of "where is Waldo". This time "where is grimdark Waldo"...

EDIT: The glowing thing is not a Tormentor. These glowing "cinders" are all over the picture.

EDIT2: Check this...
Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? Dark_eldar__supreme_tyrant_by_beckjann-d5646qj
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 14:37

Did someone say grimdark 'Where's Wally'?

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? File_726709_file_166963_0_wheres-jason

Back on topic, whoever it is seems really incongruous in the rest of the picture. No idea what a DEldar would be doing in a crowd of Templars. Neither of which are renowned for being tolerant in any which way...
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 14:48

@Ynneadwraith, Black Templars and Dark Eldar share a peculiar kind of love for psykers.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 18:21

One rumor that is making its rounds is that the Incubus is one who is in the service of Jaghatai Khan, and is leading the Black Templars into the webway (at Khan's behest, of course) to retreat from Cadia. It seems somewhat plausible since Khan was last seen chasing dark eldar into the webway. It would also explain the furs on the Incubi armor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next