THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Malys and psychic powers

Go down 
+4
Tiri Rana
Grumpy Kwi
Thor665
shadow hunter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

Malys and psychic powers Empty
PostSubject: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 17:04

Am i right in thinking Malys would not be instant killed by a force weapon?

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 17:52

Pg. 50 of the BRB seems to pretty clearly define the insta kill effect as a psychic power - so I would say, yes, she and her squad are immune to it.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 01:02

Not that it would matter much but would psy-ammo not work against her? Sure, it would still insta-gib her but would the shots be -1 strength?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 01:14

No, it will work, because it's no psychic power, just ordinary wargear.
It says it uses psychic energy, in it's fluff, but that's not enough.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 01:35

I'd agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 09:20

How about the Nemesis Force Weapons of the Grey Knights? I think they don't test after making the wound like regular Force Weapons (which would be blocked by Malys), but rather test before swinging and if passed the entire squad causes insta-gib. That is a USR and therefore not blocked by Malys, correct?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 14:44

Again no, they use Force weapons, as described in the BRB. They just roll once after the first wound, instead for everyone separate.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 15:31

Oh, so a unit of Grotesques with Lady Malys would indeed be a nice thing to have against GK, yes? Awesome!
Back to top Go down
depayen
Hellion
depayen

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 05:14

I believe there still a power weapon therefore still no, feel no pain.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 05:31

Of course, the question was about their ability to insta-kill things that suffer one wound. A power weapon is still a power weapon regardless of immunity to psychic powers.
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 12:23

However, you have to take a Psychic test to use a Force Weapon and you cannot use it if you have already used a Psychic shooting attack previously in the turn (unless you can use more than one power a turn).

From that I'd say it DOES count as a Psychic power.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 12:43

That should be you can't use your FW if you have used ANY psychic power previously unless you have a rule letting you use 2 or more per turn(player turn remember!)

That said, it is indeed a psychic power and the instant death component is negated by Malys
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 19:00

Urien Rakarth wrote:
However, you have to take a Psychic test to use a Force Weapon and you cannot use it if you have already used a Psychic shooting attack previously in the turn (unless you can use more than one power a turn).

From that I'd say it DOES count as a Psychic power.
Yes, as I said, you're immune to the insta death effect.
A force Weapon's power weapon component is part of it being a weapon however and requires no power to activate - thus it's still a power weapon and that still works on you. They just can't instaglib your grots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malys and psychic powers   Malys and psychic powers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malys and psychic powers
Page 1 of 1