THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dankus
Slave
Dankus

Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi? Empty
PostSubject: Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi?   Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 16:43

So quite plainly I wish to know whether or not an Archons plasma grenades will compensate for an Incubus squads notorious lack of assault grenades, and thus allowing them to strike at full initiative when charging through terrain.
Back to top Go down
mattblowers
Kabalite Warrior
mattblowers

PostSubject: Re: Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi?   Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 16:48

Grenades are unfortunately per model, not per unit. Ironically, you could charge the unit in the open but the Archon clips cover on the way in, it would trigger the initiative step 1 debuff to everyone but the Archon.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi?   Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 16:53

In the 5e codex, phantasm grenade launchers granted grenades to the whole unit and you therefore saw Archon's with Incubi quite a lot. As this didn't fit in with the fluff and was jaw-droppingly powerful, this was changed in the 7e codex.

Oh wait, no. It is fluffy and nowhere near broken. Sad

Dankus
Slave
Dankus

PostSubject: Re: Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi?   Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 17:03

Oh well that sucks...
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi?   Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 19:13

You would still be left with a 200+ pt squad, sitting in a AV10 vehicle with either 2 or 3 HP. I occasionally include 3 man Incubi squads just because they dont need the IC babysitter to help them (and drive up their points).

Most of the time people can recognize Incubi as a threat, and make their destruction priority #2 or 3. Play to that and give the enemy a 60 pt bait unit to vent their frustration as your Grots zip up the field Wink
Back to top Go down
Dankus
Slave
Dankus

PostSubject: Re: Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi?   Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 19:19

Well I have considered Grots, but Im just not a fan of their models, and I thought Id leave a court as a later project.
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi?   Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 21:27

3 man unit with Klaivex (for rampage) in a dual sc venom (cause it's small and you can hide it) is 135 points and this is the only configuration that I've ever gotten to work for me.

The small size makes it slightly easier to set up a charge where no one need needs to go through cover (though it's still not a guarantee). The Klaivex is I6 with 4 attacks on the charge + hopefully getting a rampage bonus so it works will for 2+ save assassination like sang guard.

Issues:
1. As FishEyes pointed out you got av 10 2 hp ship that once it's gone your on foot
2. You have 3 T3 3+ save models and your transport is open to "No Escape"
3. There might not be any ideal targets

PostSubject: Re: Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi?   Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archon with plasma grenades and Incubi?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: