THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequins wargear

Go down 
+2
Count Adhemar
Archon Vitcus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Vitcus

Harlequins wargear Empty
PostSubject: Harlequins wargear   Harlequins wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2017, 10:56

What is the best weapon load outs for troupes?

I've got three troupes that I'm building up but I'm unsure what weapons to give, I'm not planning on giving everyone something special but maybe 2-3 with either a caress, kiss or embrace.

The troupe master, is he better with a caress?

Neuro disrupters any good?

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Harlequins wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins wargear   Harlequins wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2017, 10:58

Caress is useful against all targets, although it's the most expensive option. I always give my Troupe Masters the Caress.

Embrace is useful against Hordes and also Invisible units.

Kiss is a waste of points IMO.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Harlequins wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins wargear   Harlequins wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2017, 12:09

Not that I have used them, but I have always loved how the Caress uses the old Rending rule (on To-Hits).

Basically as Count as said
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Harlequins wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins wargear   Harlequins wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2017, 12:42

I disagree the kiss is a waste - I think the embrace is the rubbish one!

I go 2 kiss per 1 caress in the squads with the master getting a caress.

The reliable S6, AP2 attacks have proved worth it time and again for me

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Vitcus

Harlequins wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins wargear   Harlequins wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2017, 17:23

I'm looking at the death masque stuff and I'm really disliking the load outs for the troupes.

Is the formation any good? Having eldrad seems like it could be a boost, or would it be better to buy a box of wind riders and just take eldrad with them lol
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Harlequins wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins wargear   Harlequins wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2017, 19:57

I think the general consensus for the Death Masque formations is that they're garbage.

Not sure if they're worth it for adding in Eldrad, or if I've got that wrong, but there are better Harlie formations out there...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Harlequins wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins wargear   Harlequins wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2017, 20:49

Caress or nothing in my opinion.    I run 6 man squads 4 w\ Caress(Troupe Master is one of these) and 2 Bare.  Leave 2 Bare as they will more then likely die to overwatch.  

Death Masque formation are worthless and I recommend not taking them.  I have tested it the 6+ mirror save just isn't worth taking the 2 bad troupe choices.

Each unit is a different story.  I always replace with the Blades of Fate, Inriam's Spectre , and The Serpent's Breath.   They are only small points increases with Huge bonuses.  The 2 Troupe are worthless.  I built them both to play them and ended up breaking arms and re-doing the squads back to me 4 Caress and 2 Bare bones.

Going back to the original Post.  I only put Nuero Pistols on Shadow Weavers.  They are troop killers and our standard guns have semi-rending abilities for free.
Back to top Go down
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Vitcus

Harlequins wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins wargear   Harlequins wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2017, 21:19

The 6+ save from the formation is essentially Fnp so meh

Usually I just run heroes Path and the falchiu blade, but since I have 18 harlies I figure I maybe as well expand a little. Might try 3 cast of players detachments to buff up on shadow seers.

The pistol upgrades are costly and kinda crap, I don't want t3 models within 3" for melta and the distrubtor ain't much better since blade-storm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harlequins wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins wargear   Harlequins wargear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequins wargear
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-