THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sslyth as Sliscuss

Go down 
+3
a1elbow
Phototoxin
1++
7 posters
AuthorMessage
1++
Hekatrix

Sslyth as Sliscuss Empty
PostSubject: Sslyth as Sliscuss   Sslyth as Sliscuss I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 03:03

Has anyone looked at the Sslyth model and thought about using it (or part of it) for the Duke?

Maybe with some kitbashing, might turn OK........or ........not?
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

Sslyth as Sliscuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth as Sliscuss   Sslyth as Sliscuss I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 08:31

Could work as a literal serpent (and he has 2 swords + blast pistol) but you'd need to see what components of the mini there is. Also you could cross reference a yuan-ti from D&D too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
a1elbow
Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

Sslyth as Sliscuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth as Sliscuss   Sslyth as Sliscuss I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 18:14

I've never seen one first hand, but I think you might be able to cut it off at the waist, below the sash, attach it to the lower legs of a Warrior or an Archon, and then fit a head on. Obviously, if you want him to look like an actual snake it would be a pretty simple conversion. The torso is probably a little big, not sure, but you could make a pretty neat four armed Archon.

Actually, that would be cool for an Archon who is taking a Djinn Blade, splinter pistol, and Blaster. I assume the arms and torso are all one piece, not sure about the lower half. It might be a lot of work and require some green stuff.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Sslyth as Sliscuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth as Sliscuss   Sslyth as Sliscuss I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 15:36

I feel it is a bit odd, mainly since "the serpent" is just a title he gained - he isn't a snake, he's a Dark Eldar with affinity for poisons. On the other hand, if you claim it is a "count-as" Sliscus but in your fluff is a Sslyth... Lord (?) I suppose it works better. Not sure though whether DE would let them be ruled by a Sslyth.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Sslyth as Sliscuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth as Sliscuss   Sslyth as Sliscuss I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 18:21

I suspect might makes right in the Dark City. If the Sslyth had the wherewithal to pull off a coup, probably the other DE would go with it...all while plotting his messy demise, natch.

As far as the modeling goes, I'm pretty sure the Sslyth torso would look bad on DE legs - though maybe as a full on conversion to make the Sslyth 'count as' it might be bankable.

Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Sslyth as Sliscuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth as Sliscuss   Sslyth as Sliscuss I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 20:17

I think if you have a 'count as' Duke who is a powerful Ssylth, it could probably work rather well. The 4 arms means you can have both the twin swords and blast pistol all equiped. Maybe in his last hand he could be holding up the Archon's head whom he overthrew and took command of his troops. I agree with Thor665, Might makes right in the Dark City and could deffinatly picture a strong willed Ssylth growing tired of being a mere bodyguard and taking control of his own forces. It could make for a very interesting and themed conversion, and a very personal look to your army / leader if you want to do something like that.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

Sslyth as Sliscuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth as Sliscuss   Sslyth as Sliscuss I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 22:17

I actually started this post before reading his entry on the codex and yeah.....he's not A serpent he's THE serpent.

Def working on the 2 Venom Blade ideas. I may have to have the Blast pistol sheathed on his hip coz the 2 swoards would look way too cool to not do.

Trying to figure out how to make a right handed Venom Blade. There aren't many right hands that hold knives, for me to trim off and swap the blades...
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Sslyth as Sliscuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth as Sliscuss   Sslyth as Sliscuss I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 22:53

Check out Spruepics forum, link (last one) is in tutorials Wink

Using snake to make (The) Serpent is pretty cool idea... good thinking. For sure original and actually quite fluffy (I see Kabalites bitching about beeing servants of snake... not too loud tho, just like Ork Boyz about Warbosses, hur hur hur)

IMHO best way to pull that one is to put Pistol arm on same level as brass knuckles, then finding left arm with sword (DE corsairs?) and glue it one same level as right arm with Sslyth sword. Who said that VB should be knife (especially if it can negate armour)?

Also DE Corsair Champion head may be cool, if You would sculpt some sort of mask...

Something like this but with empty arms holding Pistol+CCW (don't matter gamewise anyway, You can't get more than one additional attack from weapon pair/combo).

If You want Eldar Duke, use those
Sslyth as Sliscuss Dark_elf_corsairs_crossed_swords_large
I think that Champion double swords from DE Corsairs kit would work best but also require conversion.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

Sslyth as Sliscuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth as Sliscuss   Sslyth as Sliscuss I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 04:21

I can see already what I'd do to it.....and talking to a friend, he said the crossed Swords look would really suit .....

Sslyth as Sliscuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth as Sliscuss   Sslyth as Sliscuss I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sslyth as Sliscuss
Page 1 of 1