THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Multiple different unit entries

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

Multiple different unit entries Empty
PostSubject: Multiple different unit entries   Multiple different unit entries I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2017, 15:13

So I've always enjoyed the LotD models and fluff, and I have finally bit the bullet and purchased a chunk of them. Now I'm kind of confused how to use them...

As it stands, there are rule for LotD in:

Current edition Space Marine Codex
Stand alone Legion of the Damned PDF Codex
Imperial Agents Supplement

So can I field from all three rule sheets, does the most recent supplement override what is found in the Space Marine Codex? I'm just lost as to where I should be actually pulling my rules and compiling a valid army list.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Multiple different unit entries   Multiple different unit entries I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2017, 15:35

Logically you should use the most recent publication.

GW hates logic and has said you can use whichever version you prefer.

Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Multiple different unit entries   Multiple different unit entries I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2017, 15:38

Count Adhemar wrote:
Logically you should use the most recent publication.

GW hates logic and has said you can use whichever version you prefer.

So I should be able to use the data sheet in the Imperial Agents supplement in place of the oldest data sheet found in the space marine codex? I think it makes the most sense, but small rules changes really impacts an army based on only one unit..
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Multiple different unit entries   Multiple different unit entries I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2017, 15:46

That has the added benefit of being the most recent version so I doubt anyone could argue over you using it.

I seem to recall that it fixed the somewhat embarrassing problem that LotD automatically lost every game unless they had allies.

Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Multiple different unit entries   Multiple different unit entries I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2017, 15:50

Count Adhemar wrote:
That has the added benefit of being the most recent version so I doubt anyone could argue over you using it.

I seem to recall that it fixed the somewhat embarrassing problem that LotD automatically lost every game unless they had allies.

No, you still auto loose turn 1...but you don't roll for reserves, you just choose which units come in on whatever turn you want after the first. Still need something on the board or you get auto tabled.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Multiple different unit entries   Multiple different unit entries I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2017, 15:56

Lol, so they saw the problem and came up with a solution that didn't fix it. That just about sums up GW rules writing.

Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Multiple different unit entries   Multiple different unit entries I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2017, 16:00

Count Adhemar wrote:
Lol, so they saw the problem and came up with a solution that didn't fix it. That just about sums up GW rules writing.

They even mention it in the codex! It says something like "If you really want to just used this as your army, talk it over with your opponent and see if they are fine with you deep-striking an entire army at will turn 1."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiple different unit entries   Multiple different unit entries I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Multiple different unit entries
Page 1 of 1