THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED) Empty
PostSubject: Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED)   Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 09:14

So, I just stumbled upon an interesting thing...

BRB rule under Jetbikes:
If they do not Turbo-boost, Eldar Jetbikes may move up to 2D6" in the Assault phase, even if they have shot in the preceding Shooting phase or arrived by Deep Strike that turn.

Allright, this rule basically says (in addition to what we play it as) that the jetbike cannot move MORE than 2D6 in the WHOLE Assault phase, as it says "up to... in Assault Phase"... Result of yet another badly written rule. Therefore the proper Assault Phase should go like this:

- At the beginning of every Assault phase you roll 2D6, result is the maximum move allowed in the phase.
- If the bikes charge, they cannot move more than the established maximum.
- However, they can move within 2'' of the enemy if the maximum allows, thus making a guaranteed charge.
- If the bikes HnR, they cannot move more than the allowed maximum less the moves already made this assault phase.
- Consolidation moves, HnR moves, Charges count toward that maximum distance...

Thoughts on this? Please do find something against this! :-D

Last edited by aurynn on Thu Jan 19 2017, 11:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED)   Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 09:48

I think I see where you're going, it it reads like "Can the Assault Phase Move get you into combat?" and the answer is no. You can not move within 1" of an enemy model unless performing a Charge move, which is a special action in the Assault Phase. The "Cheeky Eldar Jetbike Move" is not a Charge action, so you can not break the 1" rule.
I would also point out that the "Cheeky Eldar Jetbike Move' may only be performed if the Jetbike unit DOES NOT CHARGE.

It also looks like you're thinkingn that there are ways to break a "maximum move" rule.
THis is also incorrect, there is NO maximum move. The 2d6" for the "Cheeky Eldar Jetbike Move" or a Charge is NOT a maximumm for the entire Phase, merely the maximum the Jetbikes can move during that particular action. Any other subsequent actions come with their own maximum move distance, and none of them interact with each other.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED)   Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 09:55

Squidmaster wrote:
I think I see where you're going, it it reads like "Can the Assault Phase Move get you into combat?"
Not exactly. I am saying that you can make the cheeky move within 2'' of the enemy, thus guaranteeing you the charge even if you roll double 1s...

Squidmaster wrote:
I would also point out that the "Cheeky Eldar Jetbike Move' may only be performed if the Jetbike unit DOES NOT CHARGE.
Thats what I need to find. I cannot find anywhere that it is forbidden. Can you quote a rule please?

Squidmaster wrote:
It also looks like you're thinkingn that there are ways to break a "maximum move" rule.THis is also incorrect, there is NO maximum move. The 2d6" for the "Cheeky Eldar Jetbike Move" or a Charge is NOT a maximumm for the entire Phase, merely the maximum the Jetbikes can move during that particular action. Any other subsequent actions come with their own maximum move distance, and none of them interact with each other.
Nonono... the rule clearly says "up to 2D6 in Assault phase" not "during this action"... Same thing applies for Jet Pack units. I really do not want this to be true, but I do not see any rule that would as per RAW allow me to ignore the "up to 2D6 in Assault phase".
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED)   Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 10:23

From the Eldar (draft) FAQ

Q. Can Eldar Jetbikes assault after they have done a 2D6" move in the Assault phase?
A. No. They can either move 2D6" or declare a charge.

aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED)   Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 10:29

Even if I accept Eldar FAQ, it does not solve the "up to 2D6 in the assault phase". It stands in the way of consolidation and HnRs.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED)   Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 10:48

I think you're reading too much into it. I really don't see it as an overall limitation of movement in the assault phase (and that is directly contradicted by the FAQ answer in any event), just an explanation of what the 'thrust' move does.

EDIT - Also, the H&R rule specifies that they "must immediately move a number of inches in the chosen direction equal to the 3D6 result" which would override the "may" from the jetbike rule.

aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED)   Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 11:08

Yea. I am actually trying to read into it as much as possible. :-)
Good spot on the MUST. Consolidation does not have "must", it has "moves". Good enough for me.

Okay. I just wanted the arguments against what I did actually see. :-) Thanks.

Although, they really need to move the FAQ mentioned into BRB FAQ. I do not think we actually HAVE TO abide by it.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED)   Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 11:42

I think they're still working on the FAQ's for the individual codexes. I was pleased to see that they took on board comments about the BRB draft FAQ and changed certain things before it went to the final version and I'm hoping they're doing the same with these.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED)   Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Jetbikes and Assault Phase moves (SOLVED)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: